Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2021, 7:37 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Default CGSSA South County Shoot (NEW DATE ) 10/17/21

Greetings All. While Covid has largely resolved, our efforts to restart our shoot with On Target continue. At present, the difficulty is that the range reduced its hours and now closes two hours earlier so we can't do our normal 6:30 to 8:30 shoot, and having folks try to get down to Avery Parkway at 5:00p.m. on a Friday is impractical. Futher, the range seems to have little interest in having any organized shoots like we used to (for whatever reason). If there are changes in this I will let you know.

BUT FOR NOW.....

We have a new opportunity for us all. We have access to a large 50 yard by 50 yard private shooting bay at West End Gun Club, and we want to announce a Southern OC Cal Guns shoot for our members. This event will be limited to 17 guests and take place on 10/17/21 (SUNDAY) at the private West End Gun Club from 10a.m. to 4 p.m. with dinner to follow.

This shoot will include a HUGE array of steel targets for rifle and pistol, and even rubber dummies for shotguns. We will be able to rapid fire and draw from the holster to practice your CCW.

We have a 60 foot long shooting line fully shaded with tents, large coolers and all the trimmings for a fantastic day of shooting. Not to mention the opportunity to play with some of the world's most unique and historic firearms: Browning 1919, MG34, Bren Gun, MG42 and even new guns like the Israeli TS 12 shotgun, and anything else you can bring. EVERYTHING allowed up to 50 cal. This is a PRIVATE bay on a PRIVATE range not open to the public.

Pack yourself a lunch, snacks and drinks.

Cost will be $25.00 per guest paid in advance (non-refundable unless event is canceled.). Payment can be arranged with engi, preferably within a week of your sign up, however no later than Sept. 1

Start gathering ammo now. It WILL go fast at this event.

1. Cal.Bar [Host]
2. Cal.Bar Guest [PAID]
3. Engi [Co-host]
4. Engi Guest
5. Batman [Co-host]
6. Batman Guest [PAID]
7. Smedkcuf [PAID]
8. AllmotorGSR [PAID]
9. Allmotorgsr Guest [PAID]
10. Jl95115 [PAID]
11. King kong [PAID]
12. RMFT10 [PAID]
13. Ed M. [PAID]
14. sitruc [PAID]
15. Quinton [PAID]
16. Quinton Guest [PAID]
17. Batman guest [PAID]
18. Batman guest [PAID]
19. Lenny 15 [PAID]

Last edited by engi; 10-17-2021 at 5:40 AM..
Old 07-03-2021, 2:57 PM

I’ll be there
Old 07-03-2021, 3:43 PM

I'll go
Old 07-03-2021, 5:43 PM

Roger +1 Guest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2021, 2:54 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!
Old 07-07-2021, 11:05 AM

Count me in
Old 07-07-2021, 12:10 PM

Count me in
Old 07-07-2021, 12:30 PM

I'm in.
Old 08-02-2021, 8:15 PM

Put me down for a guest!!
Old 08-03-2021, 7:49 PM

Sounds great! Just myself for now.

Anyone think 6 inches ground clearance in a sedan is too low? Worried about the road.
Old 08-04-2021, 9:44 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitruc View Post
Sounds great! Just myself for now.

Anyone think 6 inches ground clearance in a sedan is too low? Worried about the road.
Should be no problem currently. No water in the creek. Sedans are fine if you take it slowly.
Old 08-12-2021, 1:40 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Greetings all: Due to a conflict with another tournament at the range, we had to move our date to 10/17 (SUNDAY). If you cannot make that date, please let Alex (Engi) know and he can refund your deposit.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2021, 6:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Just a note... Steel core, steel and bi metal jacketed ammo is not permitted at the range if I recall correctly.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 08-24-2021, 6:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
BUT FOR NOW.....

We have a new opportunity for us all. We have access to a large 50 yard by 50 yard private shooting bay at West End Gun Club, and we want to announce a Southern OC Cal Guns shoot for our members. This event will be limited to 17 guests and take place on 10/17/21 (SUNDAY) at the private West End Gun Club from 10a.m. to 4 p.m. with dinner to follow.
I think it is VERY hypocritical of you to be utilizing a private 100% NRA member club given your strong anti NRA sentiments in this forum, actively trying to dissuade others from joining the NRA.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 08-25-2021, 5:59 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I think it is VERY hypocritical of you to be utilizing a private 100% NRA member club given your strong anti NRA sentiments in this forum, actively trying to dissuade others from joining the NRA.
First, NO ONE cares what YOU think. When YOU sponsor and organize an event for shooters from CalGuns as a volunteer at YOUR private range, you can do whatever you want.

Second, as the incomming VOLUNTEER president of WEGC, I can tell you that WEGC is NOT an NRA range. We are not owned or operated by the NRA. We DO require NRA membership to join the club and we DO market in connection with the NRA. That is part of the heritage of the range (and may be changing in light of the problems with the NRA).

Third as a lifetime member of the NRA I am NOT happy about the situation, and do not relish their decline. However, I am not so blinded by my desire to help the cause to ignore the FACT that they are corrupt and need change. Drastic change. Going after corruption and self dealing SHOULD be important to EVERYONE regardless of their zeal for the cause.

So... stop keyboard commandoing OC, the get out there and DO something. VOLUNTEER to run a CalGuns chapter as I have been doing for over a DECADE. VOLUNTEER to work for a range or club like WEGC as I have been doing for over a YEAR now and will continue to do as president of the club.
Old 08-26-2021, 8:00 PM

OC Equestrian, I have to ask, what's the point of your posts here? It's an event that's being hosted for OC members since On Target isn't doing Calguns events anymore. All I'm seeing is you ranting in what appears to be a personal vendetta.

Here's the thing... Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Everyone's NOT entitled to only having YOUR opinion. If there's an issue with the event as it stands, then by all means state what you feel the issue is. To complain about someone who's trying to put together an event based on personal opinion (I personally think Wayne LaPierre needs to be run out on a rail... does that mean my opinion is invalid as well) seems, well.... petty at best. Please state your objection to the event, or go be a Karen somewhere else.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:21 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Greetings all. The date is nearly upon us and everything is set.

Please plan to arrive before 10:00 at the range.
Each guest needs to stop at the range master at the main range and fill out and turn in a waiver form. That form can be pre-filled out here: please note the membership number for the form is 9301.
https://app.waiversign.com/e/5d57fc0...8c90017521d7b?
You can also get the form at the range that day (but will be easier to pre-fill)
We have reserved bay 11 which is a large private bay. Park outside the bay and walk into the bay.
Please bring: AMMO (LOTS) Guns (lots) chairs, sunscreen, lunch, drinks etc. We will have shade tents and tables for the line. We will also have a large cooler of ice for you to use for your drinks.
We could use about 5 volunteers to arrive about 9:00 to help with tent and table set up. Please contact me or Alex to coordinate.
We will wrap up at about 4:00 and head to diner at Logans Roadhouse restaurant which is near the range.
All info on the restaurant can be found here:
https://logansroadhouse.com/
Old 10-13-2021, 10:00 PM

Bringing another two guests!

Last edited by Batman; 10-14-2021 at 9:22 PM..
Old 10-14-2021, 10:21 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This too late to sign up for?
Old 10-14-2021, 5:26 PM

I plan on getting there early Sunday so I can help with any set up.
Ed
Old 10-15-2021, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny 15 View Post
This too late to sign up for?
Nope, you're welcome to join one of the last few spots. I will PM you with payment info. Please get this completed ASAP so I can add you to the attendee list.
Old 10-20-2021, 2:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

FYI, Ameriglo is sending me a new front sight post at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk