Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > The CRPA Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The CRPA Forum News, Questions, and Discussion

Old 03-10-2021, 4:29 PM
code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default 2021 CRPA Election

Thumbing through the latest issue of Firing Line, I saw the election notification for the position of Director at Large. All three of the candidates have strong bios published on the opposite page. Does anyone have any more specific information on the candidates, either pro or con?
Old 03-11-2021, 5:03 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Thumbing through the latest issue of Firing Line, I saw the election notification for the position of Director at Large. All three of the candidates have strong bios published on the opposite page. Does anyone have any more specific information on the candidates, either pro or con?
Yes, as a board member on the Nominating Committee, I recommended Ryan Fellows because of his strong Constitutional values. Additionally, he and I have worked together at Franklin Armory to create unique 2A products for California (and now the nation) for about a decade. He truly wants to create new products that give Americans more freedom by carefully engineering products to comply with the law. Like me, he is 100% committed to the goals of the organization.

The other two candidates are also very strong 2A supporters, so don't let my comments about Ryan detract from their service. I just haven't had the pleasure of knowing them personally.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine (DFM), and the CA7, CA11, and CA12 Rostered AR Pistols!
Old 03-11-2021, 9:02 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
[...] he and I have worked together at Franklin Armory to create unique 2A products for California (and now the nation) for about a decade. He truly wants to create new products that give Americans more freedom by carefully engineering products to comply with the law.
Reading that made me wonder: I'm grateful for his involvement in the 2A community and his dedication to bring new products to market to counteract 2A infringement, but doesn't that seem like a bit of a conflict of interest in the context of the BoD of CRPA? One of the goals of CRPA is to fight for 2A rights. That amounts to advocacy to prevent new laws or legal involvement to get existing laws changed or stricken to more closely comply with the 2A. It is not, fundamentally, a drive to invent new products to comply with the letter of the law while skirting the intent. By inventing new products to comply with the law (assuming they are patented), Franklin Armory would necessarily be financially incentivized to allow more restrictive laws to pass.

To be clear- I am not accusing anyone at Franklin Armory of taking that position. It is still, however, a conflict of interest, no?
Old 03-12-2021, 7:26 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Reading that made me wonder: I'm grateful for his involvement in the 2A community and his dedication to bring new products to market to counteract 2A infringement, but doesn't that seem like a bit of a conflict of interest in the context of the BoD of CRPA? One of the goals of CRPA is to fight for 2A rights. That amounts to advocacy to prevent new laws or legal involvement to get existing laws changed or stricken to more closely comply with the 2A. It is not, fundamentally, a drive to invent new products to comply with the letter of the law while skirting the intent. By inventing new products to comply with the law (assuming they are patented), Franklin Armory would necessarily be financially incentivized to allow more restrictive laws to pass.

To be clear- I am not accusing anyone at Franklin Armory of taking that position. It is still, however, a conflict of interest, no?
Your comments make me realize that there may be many that don't realize what we do and have done.

Last year, Ryan was part of the decision to give $100,000 to the CRPA foundation for litigation. We also are paying for our own multimillion dollar lawsuit against the State of California. Yes, we patent products that are used in the state, but sales to California buyers represents less than 10% of our revenue. Even so, we also pay for advertising in the Firing Line.

You'll find that CADOJ and the state legislature are not fond of Franklin Armory.

Ask anyone on the board about my commitment to 2A. Ryan is cut from the same cloth.

Hope that helps....

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine (DFM), and the CA7, CA11, and CA12 Rostered AR Pistols!
Old 03-12-2021, 9:32 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
Hope that helps....
It absolutely does. Thank-you for the response and your reassurance.

And I can't imagine how to thank you for your involvement, But I'll be sure to check your inventory first.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer

My pleasure sir.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 03-15-2021, 8:18 AM

It's awesome to see companies like Franklin Armory understand the bigger picture of 2A rights and care enough about California's market and regulatory environment to support lawsuits and orgs like CRPA.

Franklin's initiative on this is incredible and all gun manufacturers who sell arms in California (which is practically of them) should get on board.
Old 04-07-2021, 7:19 AM
Veteran Member

I signed my ballot for Ryan today. Get some young blood in there who is immersed in semi auto rifle development

2x SKS Trench Art $480 & $500
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28101198
Old 04-08-2021, 5:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
I signed my ballot for Ryan today. Get some young blood in there who is immersed in semi auto rifle development
The more people that vote, the better. It is YOUR organization. Thank you for participating.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 05-12-2021, 8:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

My issue of F.L. does not have any CRPA ballot. I am a life member !