Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 01-25-2021, 8:34 AM

Default Richmond USPSA Classifier only match

Yesterday club held its yearly classifier only match. Six stages with availability to run two guns. Weather held out until match was over, rain showed up as finishing last stage on second time through. Fun match, great peeps. Carry Optics and Limited Major were my choices for the day. Shooting portion went fine, old guy eyesight and lack of quickness placed me lower in standings than i would have liked but all good. How did you do?
Old 01-25-2021, 12:42 PM

I wasn't there, but it sounds like a success (120 or so entries in Practiscore).

How did you like the new classifiers that have a bit of movement?

I wouldn't mind if my club ran an all classifier match. I crashed and burned on Can You Count earlier this month (thanks to an off-season dive into Open Division). I traded a 94% for a 70% (Production) so that kinda sucked.
Old 01-25-2021, 1:02 PM

2nd match ever for me so I shot conservatively and also ended lower than I'd have liked. Should've gone faster and I may have finished higher. Didn't help that I used my reshoot on a dumb mistake and ended up completely bombing my last stage with procedurals due to me forgetting my mandatory reload. That being said, I still had an absolute blast. Can't wait for the next match.
Old 01-25-2021, 1:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Doesn't everyone sandbag in these so they can compete in weaker classes?
Old 01-26-2021, 6:26 AM

Punched in for my Limited 10 classification. Revolver is the only division I haven't shot. Jack of all trades, 'Master' of none, hahaha. I'm shooting Limited this season after 5 years of shooting red dots, guess you could say I am bucking the trend towards optics. I'm trying to target focus just like optics but 10 yards out but I hardly hit paper. So for now front sight focus and maybe I'll learn that as the season progresses, or not?

https://youtu.be/CQFO1_TJnKM

Last edited by balmo; 01-26-2021 at 6:28 AM..
Old 01-26-2021, 7:05 AM

Lots of people there this weekend trying to get rated quickly with new divisions. Shot last couple of matches before classifier with limited gun for sake of trying to work out kinks before getting rated. Had issues with 45 mags first time through and zero'd the stage but 40 S&W ran clean for the entire match. Running a 320 is kinda like cheating, same gun for 9mm carry optics and 40 limited. Did you get rating you thought you would?
Old 01-26-2021, 7:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divehobo View Post
Lots of people there this weekend trying to get rated quickly with new divisions. Shot last couple of matches before classifier with limited gun for sake of trying to work out kinks before getting rated. Had issues with 45 mags first time through and zero'd the stage but 40 S&W ran clean for the entire match. Running a 320 is kinda like cheating, same gun for 9mm carry optics and 40 limited. Did you get rating you thought you would?
Yep, smack dab at C; One high B, one zero, and the rest were middle C's. On primers though, I was shooting bottom of the barrel S&B small rifle primers and had 2 light strikes. I reckon this would be sufficient on club matches but will be switching out to Winchester small rifles on big matches. Yeah Carry Optics is fun, shot CO last year and was fortunate enough to land podium finishes on major matches last year.