Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2021, 6:26 AM

Default F*&^ ing then he Fu^$'n said that he was going to fing.....

I was at the Lake Forest store last week during the week and it was kinda slow.

4 of the associates gathered by the ammo area behind the counter and were messing around.

No issue there but when the language turned loud and foul with F bombs every 7th word I shook my head. The worst was when the shorter blond, slender manager in the black shirt joined in.

I dont expect my butt to be kissed in any gun store but I do draw the line at an utter lack of professionalism even if your mom n dad did raise your mouths up to talk like trash. This goes quadruple for " management."...especially bc some customers bring in kids.

Shame on you guys. Shame on Turners. I expect more from socals largest dealer of 2nd amendment supplies and equipment. Its not like you are a dirtbag small time operation....
Old 10-17-2021, 6:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

I was going to criticize your thread title but not after reading your post.
Hopefully Turner's management will address this with their people.
Old 10-17-2021, 6:55 AM
Banned

Big box minimum wage, zero education required employees, as long as holes are filled and they show up for work, management is happy and don't give a crap.
Old 10-17-2021, 7:14 AM
Veteran Member

Let me get this right… A grown man was offended by foul language, not even directed at him? Hmmm, interesting. It always baffles me that people get offended by language. You must have never been in the military, worked on a job site, been in a locker room, etc.

It’s almost like the people who are offended by the signs that say “Men” and “Women” on the restroom. They’re F***ing words!

I mean if you just came to rant about the shotty service from the same company we all know has shotty service, okay..
Old 10-17-2021, 7:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

After all the things I've read just on CalGuns about Turners I would never set foot in one.
Old 10-17-2021, 7:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Let me get this right…

A grown man was offended by foul language, not even directed at him? Hmmm, interesting.

It always baffles me that people get offended by language.

You must have never been in the military, worked on a job site, been in a locker room, etc.

It’s almost like the people who are offended by the signs that say “Men” and “Women” on the restroom. They’re F***ing words!

I mean if you just came to rant about the shotty service from the same company we all know has shotty service, okay..
A retail store where women and children are present is not a locker room or a job site...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 10-17-2021, 3:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockN'Roll View Post
A retail store where women and children are present is not a locker room or a job site...
Well can’t men have anything sacred to them
Old 10-17-2021, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Let me get this right… A grown man was offended by foul language, not even directed at him? Hmmm, interesting. It always baffles me that people get offended by language. You must have never been in the military, worked on a job site, been in a locker room, etc.

I mean I wouldn't take my 2 year old to any of the places you listed
Old 10-17-2021, 4:51 PM
Veteran Member

9mm
There's a time and a place for everything. An occasional profane word in general is not a big deal, but when you are in a major retail chain and there are customers in the store there should be a level of professionalism and decorum that is used. I don't care if it's a gun store with a bunch of macho guys in it, employees that don't know when to use discretion should not be employed. It's a reflection on the establishment. If you haven't figured that out, just read all the comments regarding Turner's and how much business they've lost due to the way they conduct their business.
Old 10-17-2021, 5:34 PM

Totally inappropriate in a business setting period...
Old 10-20-2021, 9:19 PM

Unprofessional yes, but wimpy as f u c k to go and whine on the internet lol
Old 10-20-2021, 9:23 PM

Old 10-20-2021, 9:26 PM
Bring back the Lions.
CGN Contributor

Somebody with esp should have known better.
Old 10-22-2021, 7:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

You missed the point. You’re in a store. You’re an employee. You represent the company you work for. Also a manager. Customers shouldn’t hear yiur arguments in the first place. If there is a issue you go in the back. Not at the front counter.

A customer walking in a store shouldn’t be subject to hearing foul language from a employee or truthfully anyone else especially a manager. Not only does it show a lack of professionalism, a lack of basic vocabulary and inability to make a argument without profanity most likely due to the lack of a vocabulary it isn’t the time and place for it. I’ve been in plenty of settings where foul language prevailed. But to walk around cussing up a storm…you look like the illiterate imbecile that you are.

It has nothin to do with being sensitive to foul language. Any idiot can cuss.
Old 10-22-2021, 7:08 PM

Free speech until it offends you. Turners is the best place for you! I appreciate places that sell things almost exclusively to adults and also speak like adults. Go buy guns and weenie hut jr. You can bring all the kids and not have to worry about them having to change genders based on something someone else said.
Old 10-27-2021, 4:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss View Post
Free speech until it offends you. Turners is the best place for you! I appreciate places that sell things almost exclusively to adults and also speak like adults. Go buy guns and weenie hut jr. You can bring all the kids and not have to worry about them having to change genders based on something someone else said.
I know plenty of adults who don’t use swear words. A employee cussing at work isn’t a freedom of speech issue
Old 10-31-2021, 5:05 AM

You are not going to get managment to respond. Even when they violate laws on pricing discrepancy set by department of weights and measure. Best thing is dont step foot in a turners. Spend your money at others LGS ran by owners that care.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2021, 9:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotoring View Post
You are not going to get managment to respond. Even when they violate laws on pricing discrepancy set by department of weights and measure. Best thing is dont step foot in a turners. Spend your money at others LGS ran by owners that care.

Just curious what gun laws are set by department of weights and measure? (serious question)
Old 10-31-2021, 9:06 AM

Pearl clutching over profanity is too much for me. Have you heard the language that women and children use these days?

Just ignore and move on.
Old 10-31-2021, 9:17 AM

I've always considered swearing as adolescent language, not adult language.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe187 View Post
Just curious what gun laws are set by department of weights and measure? (serious question)
Pricing displayed on shelves was lower need to match what you are charged at register.

Old 10-31-2021, 2:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotoring View Post
Pricing displayed on shelves was lower need to match what you are charged at register.

Gotcha. Yeah many big box stores have this issue.
Old 12-16-2021, 1:52 PM

I f*$kn went there today and noone was f^(<!^& sayn ne more swear words. lol

I mean I suppose veryone who commented on this post is also a whiner in one way or another. lol.

And all who whined about freedom, manliness, and standards do so trying to impose their modality as gospel.

That is not freedom, that is suppression, lol !!!

beautiful.

All views and opinions are welcome.
Thx for reading my rant.
And
As the indominantable Ocean Bob says, " be well."
Old 12-20-2021, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esp1 View Post
I was at the Lake Forest store last week during the week and it was kinda slow.

4 of the associates gathered by the ammo area behind the counter and were messing around.

No issue there but when the language turned loud and foul with F bombs every 7th word I shook my head. The worst was when the shorter blond, slender manager in the black shirt joined in.

I dont expect my butt to be kissed in any gun store but I do draw the line at an utter lack of professionalism even if your mom n dad did raise your mouths up to talk like trash. This goes quadruple for " management."...especially bc some customers bring in kids.

Shame on you guys. Shame on Turners. I expect more from socals largest dealer of 2nd amendment supplies and equipment. Its not like you are a dirtbag small time operation....
Lighten up, Francis.
Old 12-29-2021, 3:43 PM

The people who work at the Turners in Santa Clarita are great. Knowledgeable. Great service. No cussing (as far as I've noticed, which I probably wouldn't).

I'm not easily offended, but if I was, I wouldn't come on the internet to complain about it. I would say something to them at the time, in a polite and respectful way.