Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Lightbulb For Sale - FAL Automatic Locking Magazine Release (FALMR)

For Sale - FAL Automatic Locking Magazine Release (FALMR)*Patent Pending

The FAL Locking Magazine Release is a magazine locking device that was designed and conceived so that California based FALs can comply with the provisions of SB880/AB1135 to avoid having their FALs meet the definition of ‘Assault Weapon’ and the subsequent AW registration requirements. It is an effective way to lock a FAL magazine into the receiver of your metric pattern FAL while the action is closed. Once the action is opened the FALMR works to lock and release the magazine just like the standard FAL magazine release.

Advantages of the FALMR:
* A quick drop in compliance solution - installs in under 5 minutes.

* Low-profile design - maintain your FAL’s proper appearance.

* Magazine cannot be inserted when the FAL’s action is closed - may or may not be an issue with the Cal DOJ who knows - a non-issue with this design.

* Quickly and easily return to free state configuration when traveling out of state.

* No alteration to mag-well, no tack welds, no tapping & threading the receiver, no blobs of epoxy or other gimmicks.

* Fastest magazine removal of all Cali compliant FAL fixed magazine options.

* Not your old-fashioned FAL compliance device - can swing the FAL’s action open all the way - bolt removal/clearance is no problem!
Though the FALMR has worked flawlessly in all metric pattern FALs it has been installed in to date, we’re not sure that it is compatible with inch-pattern SLRs, however testing on SLR’s is ongoing.
I placed an order of 100 FALMRs with my vendor - a NorCal based manufacturer who also manufactures small machined gun parts for Smith & Wesson and Sig Sauer - and am now ready to offer them for sale here on CalGuns and over on the FAL Files.

They are being milled out of 4030 steel and will be furnished with a manganese parkerized finish.

Though the price may seem costly, there are a few things to consider:
1. There just doesn’t seem to be enough FALs in California to do a much larger run at this time to really try and get the unit cost down.
2. The relative high cost of domestic manufacturing. We've grown accustomed to buying cheap Chinese manufactured parts that are manufactured in the tens of thousands. A small batch of parts produced domestically will cost 3-4 times the cost. This is a California designed and manufactured solution to a California problem.
3. The cost of alternate approaches:
- Featureless - $30-40 for featureless grip + $50 or more for compensator. (can easily be reversed when out of state).
- DSA compliance modification – Silver solder magazine into receiver $250. (not easily reversed).
- Alternate magazine lock - Small blob of weld in mag release channel modification - $60 (not easily reversed).
These 100 FALMRs are the only units currently scheduled to be manufactured and are being rushed out in light of the pending AW registration requirements. Unfortunately, there just aren’t enough FALs in California to do a larger run at this time; however depending on how well this first run goes, additional runs may occur in the future. This is a California designed and manufactured solution to a California problem.

There are 2 additional compliance measures also being developed that will soon be rolled our here as well.

I’d like to keep this thread limited to only commitments and commitment related questions. There is already an open thread here discussing the legal aspect of conforming to the new law, featureless vs. compliant etc.

That said - this thread is open for any who are interested in obtaining one of these nifty devices.

Last edited by Top Shotta HiFi; 01-27-2022 at 9:07 AM.. Reason: Payments Received Update
Old 06-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Update - to date we have 26 commits across the 3 forums. A nice start however we still have a ways to go...

Calguns - 18
FAL Files - 8
AR15.com - 0
Old 06-05-2018, 6:15 PM

If you don't reach your goal of 100, would you still do a smaller run?
Understanding the cost would go up, I would still be interested.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:23 PM

As I’ve already said, this is a very clever solution well suited to the FAL’s particular takedown design. Nice work!

Put me down for 2.

-Colin
Old 06-06-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
If you don't reach your goal of 100, would you still do a smaller run?
Understanding the cost would go up, I would still be interested.
I still need a few for my own personal needs so there will definitely be at least one production run regardless of quantities. The pricing is based on quantity 100, so I will have to have them provide a quote for the reduced quantity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantdcol View Post
As I’ve already said, this is a very clever solution well suited to the FAL’s particular takedown design. Nice work!

Put me down for 2.

-Colin
You got it grantdcol - I have you down for 2.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:29 PM

Bump - FAL Locking Magazine Release (FALMR) now available to order for a limited time...

Last edited by Top Shotta HiFi; 06-07-2018 at 4:25 PM..
Old 06-07-2018, 2:26 PM

Can this be modified to work for INCH pattern ?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
Can this be modified to work for INCH pattern ?
Please go to this thread and scroll to post 84 for the response and any further discussion just to prevent clutter in the sale thread. Thanks.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1424640&page=2
Old 06-10-2018, 9:02 AM

Put me down for one!
Old 06-11-2018, 2:44 AM

I posted in the previous thread, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1424640

I'm down for 2.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984
Old 06-11-2018, 9:35 AM

Update - to date we have 38 commits across the 3 forums. A nice start however we still have a ways to go...

Calguns - 29
FAL Files - 9
AR15.com - 0
Old 06-11-2018, 4:59 PM

Im good for one
Quote:
AlbcAlbrr
When you're done with the tupperware, get a Sig.
Old 06-12-2018, 3:29 PM

To date we have a total of 45 commits across the 3 forums. It's obvious we are going to come up well short on reaching the goal of 100 commits by tomorrow Weds 6/13.

I discussed this situation with my fabricator. Fortunately he was generous and has offered to honor his quoted unit price for quantity 100, for the reduced quantity of only 50 FALMRs.

As it stands, we need only approximately 5 more commits to meet the minimum threshold to qualify the order. Keep em coming!

Calguns - 30
FAL Files - 15
AR15.com - 0
Old 06-12-2018, 4:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shotta HiFi View Post
To date we have a total of 45 commits across the 3 forums. It's obvious we are going to come up well short on reaching the goal of 100 commits by tomorrow Weds 6/13.

I discussed this situation with my fabricator. Fortunately he was generous and has offered to honor his quoted unit price for quantity 100, for the reduced quantity of only 50 FALMRs.

As it stands, we need only approximately 5 more commits to meet the minimum threshold to qualify the order. Keep em coming!

Calguns - 30
FAL Files - 15
AR15.com - 0
When do you need payment by?
Old 06-12-2018, 6:32 PM

Count me in for two.

Thanks Rickffp
Old 06-12-2018, 8:53 PM

Quote:

Calguns - 30
FAL Files - 15
AR15.com - 0
Then I will buy two instead of the one
Quote:
AlbcAlbrr
When you're done with the tupperware, get a Sig.
Old 06-13-2018, 7:50 AM

I'll take one
Old 06-13-2018, 1:53 PM

Default FALMR Goal Achieved

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post
When do you need payment by?
We have officially met the minimum threshold for the order to proceed and the order has been released into production!

Payment is due a week from today - Wednesday 6/20/18.

Payment for the FALMR(s) plus shipping can be made via PayPal or USPS Money Order. I will send a PayPal link via Private Message to those who have committed to purchasing the FALMR. I can also forward a mailing address to those who would prefer a USPS money order over PayPal. Please respond to my PM with your full name and mailing address where the FALMR(s) are to be shipped as well as your preferred payment method. Include an email address if you would prefer future communication via email over PM.

I will edit my original post on this thread to included the profile names of CG members who have committed to purchasing the FALMR(s).
Notation of payment received will be marked with a $$.

We will also be accepting additional FALMR orders up until the 6/20 payment due date - close of business Wednesday 6/20 - however payment for these late orders is still due by close of business 6/20/18 - keep the orders coming!

We are going to ship these out ASAP, however it is unlikely that they will ship before early July, so please keep your riFALs in a configured in compliance with AB1135/SB880 (ie ‘featureless’ or separate the uppers/lowers) until your FALMRs arrive and are properly installed.

Last edited by Top Shotta HiFi; 06-14-2018 at 6:38 AM..
Old 06-15-2018, 8:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We have officially met the minimum threshold for the order to proceed and the order has been released into production!

Payment for the FALMR(s) plus shipping can be made via PayPal or USPS Money Order. I will send a PayPal link via Private Message to those who have committed to purchasing the FALMR. I can also forward a mailing address to those who would prefer a USPS money order over PayPal. Please respond to my PM with your full name and mailing address where the FALMR(s) are to be shipped as well as your preferred payment method. Include an email address if you would prefer future communication via email over PM.

I will edit my original post on this thread to included the profile names of CG members who have committed to purchasing the FALMR(s).

We will also be accepting additional FALMR orders up until the 6/20 payment due date - close of business Wednesday 6/20 - however payment for these late orders is still due by close of business 6/20/18 - keep the orders coming!

We are going to ship these out ASAP, however it is unlikely that they will ship before early July, so please keep your riFALs in a configured in compliance with AB1135/SB880 (ie ‘featureless’ or separate the uppers/lowers) until your FALMRs arrive and are properly installed.
Cool. Payment sent 6/13
Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 AM

Please put me down for one - I’ll send payment ASAP.
Old 06-18-2018, 8:00 AM

I have you down for one Morgan8er - PM sent.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:36 PM

I was able to get my DAS SA 58 in CA with a BB. So, I do not have a top feed cover. I'm interested in purchasing the FALMR if it allows the exchange of mags when the action is opened! Please sign me up if it works this way! Thanks!!!
Old 06-19-2018, 8:39 AM

USAFRet404 - PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFRet404 View Post
I was able to get my DAS SA 58 in CA with a BB. So, I do not have a top feed cover. I'm interested in purchasing the FALMR if it allows the exchange of mags when the action is opened! Please sign me up if it works this way! Thanks!!!
Old 06-19-2018, 8:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Hi -

If still available please shoot me PP info and I'll pay today.

Thanks,
Old 06-19-2018, 9:25 AM

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Hi -

If still available please shoot me PP info and I'll pay today.

Thanks,
Old 06-19-2018, 11:20 PM

i would like to purchase on for my DSA SA58, please.
Old 06-20-2018, 7:41 AM

PM Sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by accuracy View Post
i would like to purchase on for my DSA SA58, please.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:10 AM

I will take two please. PM sent.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 PM

PM responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns_n_Coffee View Post
I will take two please. PM sent.
Old 06-25-2018, 4:57 PM

i would like to get one. PM sent
Old 06-27-2018, 8:40 PM

One please..
Old 06-29-2018, 3:23 PM

I'll take one. Pm sent
Old 06-29-2018, 3:30 PM

I'll take one
Old 06-29-2018, 3:56 PM

All PMs have been replied to.
Old 06-30-2018, 8:41 PM

I would like one too! Let me know if someone drops out of line. Also, it would be nice if you carried the stripper guide.
Old 07-03-2018, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

Any update on when they'll ship?
Old 07-03-2018, 9:15 AM

Good call Hoss - I do in fact have an update.

The FALMRs are currently being milled as we type and are scheduled to be complete by this Friday. They will then be parkerized, packaged and shipped. I anticipate all FALMRs being shipped out by Friday 7/13.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!
Old 07-12-2018, 9:09 PM

I would like 1 please.
Old 07-13-2018, 3:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Good call Hoss - I do in fact have an update.

The FALMRs are currently being milled as we type and are scheduled to be complete by this Friday. They will then be parkerized, packaged and shipped. I anticipate all FALMRs being shipped out by Friday 7/13.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!
Sounds perfect. Do you plan on PMing each buyer with a tracking number or do I get to be surprised?
Old 07-16-2018, 4:03 PM

Did FALMR's ship?