Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 11-09-2022, 11:30 AM

Did the Dros today on my M1 from the CMP. Very pleased with the looks of it. I did not give it a long detailed examination but the wood looks good some dings but no apparent cracks. Metal looked good on my quick inspection.
Old 11-20-2022, 9:29 PM

Brought my CMP M1 home and got a good look down the barrel. What a mess, Looks like a new barrel will be needed. Took a 1943 head stamped round and checked the opening. It slid in right up to the brass.
Old 11-21-2022, 6:00 AM

My CMP M1 had a really bad looking barrel. I can hit man sized target at 300 yds. The barrel cleaned up fair. Not bright and shiny, nor a match rifle, but it shoots pretty good.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsnow View Post
My CMP M1 had a really bad looking barrel. I can hit man sized target at 300 yds. The barrel cleaned up fair. Not bright and shiny, nor a match rifle, but it shoots pretty good.
Maybe I should mine first and see what it does. I am fully prepared to order a new barrel from the CMP. I can see the rifling ok but in the grooves its very dark and pitted.
What did you do to clean yours up. So far all i have done is run a couple of patches down it.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd5190 View Post
Maybe I should mine first and see what it does. I am fully prepared to order a new barrel from the CMP. I can see the rifling ok but in the grooves its very dark and pitted.
What did you do to clean yours up. So far all i have done is run a couple of patches down it.
Nothing special. I tried bore paste but it didn't seem to have any effect. I used Hoppes #9 and a bore brush. Swab, brush, swab, brush times a lot in a couple sessions. After shooting I would swab, brush a lot. Of course I haven't seen yours to compare.
Old 11-22-2022, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd5190 View Post
They were 3-5 moa from the factory. Enough to hit a man.
Old 11-22-2022, 6:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsnow View Post
Nothing special. I tried bore paste but it didn't seem to have any effect. I used Hoppes #9 and a bore brush. Swab, brush, swab, brush times a lot in a couple sessions. After shooting I would swab, brush a lot. Of course I haven't seen yours to compare.
Shoot a bunch of jacketed through it and clean it while it's hot. Sometimes that helps.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 11-22-2022, 6:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Nice score Buddy!

I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Secret Club Member?.