Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 02-21-2021, 4:54 PM

Default Alien gear shapeshift?? Any good for 238?

I wanted personal experiences from CG about the Aliengear shapeshifter set of holsters for the 238. I like that I can carry it different ways and it has a way to holster in the car, i like to be easily switch when driving to and from.
Anyone out there got one and use it for the 238? I'd like to know before I throw down the $140
Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense
Old 02-21-2021, 6:14 PM
Calguns Addict

This is probably the most critical review I've seen on this holster. But the notion that a holster that is designed to do everything, ends up not excelling at anything particularly well, I think is accurate. There are better holsters out there for individual carry positions. For $140, I'd rather buy two really good holsters, than one that ends up being just/maybe ok. YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw2yY0N78u4

Fighter Pilot
Old 02-21-2021, 7:39 PM

I'm mostly interested in something I can easily remove than mount in my vehicle. I like to carry when I do uber eats but it's more comfortable in my vehicle holster than IWB. So something I can take off holster in Vehicle then easily reupholster IWB of even in pocket when I'm in and out.of vehicle is what I'm looking for
Old 02-22-2021, 9:47 PM

So I just bought one for mine after having a standard IWB FOR MY G26. I find the IWB to be ok I do like that I can adjust the retention but it is thicker that a standard holster.

Also you can go from OWB to the car mount but not IWB to car without taking it apart. Also the IWB paddle is not a concealment holster as it sticks out way too much.
Old 02-23-2021, 5:21 AM

How is the OWB? It seems like it would stick out alot. Esp with summer coming up
Old 02-23-2021, 9:14 AM

Default AlienGear OWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishfarmer View Post
How is the OWB? It seems like it would stick out alot. Esp with summer coming up
Not bad for a shield, but not a t-shirt option...
Old 02-23-2021, 10:39 AM

So I might have to make another post about a holster system that I'm looking for.
I'm not going purchase the aliengear setup.
Im thinking just piecing my own setup getting a IWB and OWB I like with a vehicle mounted holster.
That I just throw it in a shoulder sling pack thing I have and just use that