Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 04-08-2021, 2:04 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Mandatory vaccine policy at my workplace coming up

For those of you whose workplace mandated vaccinations, how did you deal with it? I don't want the vaccine now.

Did you reluctantly get vaccinated to keep your job? Did you quit? Something else?
Old 04-08-2021, 2:15 PM

Default Mandatory vaccine policy at my workplace coming up

Found a new job...

In another state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 04-08-2021, 2:25 PM
Banned

Call a lawyer that deals with discrimination or medical issues. You could sue them over HIPAA violation.

Last edited by Mikeywee; 04-08-2021 at 3:20 PM..
Old 04-08-2021, 3:47 PM

IF I really needed the job I would make a fake vaccine card and not say anything to anyone.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:03 PM
Enemy of Antivaxxers
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeywee View Post
Call a lawyer that deals with discrimination or medical issues. You could sue them over HIPAA violation.
Nothing at all to do with HIPAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... Iím definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-10-2021, 2:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Nothing at all to do with HIPAA
Show me the law where it states or you could ask about someoneís medical history, last I checked thatís a HIPAA violation and yes I did look it up
Old 04-10-2021, 2:24 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Show me the law where it states or you could ask about someoneís medical history, last I checked thatís a HIPAA violation and yes I did look it up
I believe hippa is regarding med facility not providing info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 04-10-2021, 2:28 PM
Enemy of Antivaxxers
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Wrong. You said it is a HIPAA violation to require an injection. It isn't. I do this for a living, by the way, so I didn't need to "look it up".

And it's NOT a HIPAA violation to ask about a medical condition. HIPAA is about making certain disclosures of medical information illegal. It doesn't make it illegal to ask someone a medical question.

Whatever you checked is wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... Iím definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-14-2021, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Companies can make vaccination a condition of employment. In December the EEOC ruled that mandatory vaccination does not violate the ADA. For religious or health exemptions they should try to make ďreasonableĒ accommodations but many will argue that they cannot. At the end of the day, look for a job without the requirement if it is a dealbreaker for you. In the current climate it may be hard to get a governmental agency to take your side.
Old 04-14-2021, 5:36 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukowski View Post
Companies can make vaccination a condition of employment. In December the EEOC ruled that mandatory vaccination does not violate the ADA. For religious or health exemptions they should try to make “reasonable” accommodations but many will argue that they cannot. At the end of the day, look for a job without the requirement if it is a dealbreaker for you. In the current climate it may be hard to get a governmental agency to take your side.
ALL current wuhan flu vaccines are approved for Emergency Use Only, and technically still in clinical trials. It's just that the clinical trial is now the entire world. But the point is that the vaccine is still technically experimental, and no company can force an employee to participate in experimental drug research. A good lawyer will be able to defeat a company mandate. Once they have full FDA approval, that course of action changes significantly.
Old 04-15-2021, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
A good lawyer will be able to defeat a company mandate. Once they have full FDA approval, that course of action changes significantly.
Companies can and do make it a condition of employment in my industry, healthcare. If you refuse to take the vaccine, they will try to accommodate you. If they cannot, you are no longer employed. We are still under a National Health Emergency declaration. Look, your employer can require you to wear a pink dress at work. If you refuse, same thing. I was suggesting a course of action based on what Iíve seen actually happen, employee refuses vaccine, employee no longer employed.

Could you litigate down the road? Maybe, but from the difficulty Iíve seen with a neighbor trying to get a lawyer to even take the case, that might be challenging. Do I think it is right? Heck no, however my advice still stands.
Old 04-08-2021, 3:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM6000 View Post
For those of you whose workplace mandated vaccinations, how did you deal with it? I don't want the vaccine now.

Did you reluctantly get vaccinated to keep your job? Did you quit? Something else?
I heard a manager at work bring it up but since pretty much nobody is playing along with this stupidity anymore I donít know how far it will go. If it comes I will refuse. They can fire me if they want.
This is our time to rise - And prove we're more than just
Dust to dust
Old 04-08-2021, 3:56 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:

Find a lawyer and argue that the vaccine is not FDA approved. It is approved under "Emergency" conditions, so it has not been subjected to the same level of rigorous testing as needed for standard approval.

This is one of the reasons that they can't mandate that the military receive it yet (my son's in the Navy).
Old 04-08-2021, 4:57 PM
Veteran Member

Tell them that you have medical issues that you donít want to disclose that prevents you from getting the vaccine at the recommendation of your doctor. If they push the issue, tell them that you will sue them for medical discrimination and HIPPA violations.
Old 04-19-2021, 8:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
Tell them that you have medical issues that you donít want to disclose that prevents you from getting the vaccine at the recommendation of your doctor. If they push the issue, tell them that you will sue them for medical discrimination and HIPPA violations.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHS
Under HIPAA, immunization records are protected health information. Therefore, whether an employee has received a COVID-19 vaccine may be disclosed only by a healthcare provider if the employee has furnished the provider with their written authorization.

You do not have to provide any authorization and you have a right to keep your health care information private.

If the company decides to let you go, hire an attorney and you can tell your attorney that you and your significant other were undergoing fertility treatments and taking the Covid19 "vax" (shot) was not recommended by your doctor do to the risk to the fetus.
Old 04-19-2021, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
And then the non existent medical condition because part of the case.
Old 04-08-2021, 5:00 PM
CGN Contributor

I brought up EUA and it fell on deaf ears. I speculated the boss' mind was made up before the our meeting. I knew that a policy and an ultimatum was going to happen. The ultimatum wasn't explicit, but we all knew what it was.

I was blunt in our meeting. She said she wanted to know what my concerns were and we'd discuss it. I told her my input would not have any effect on her decision or the policy.

Last edited by DRM6000; 04-08-2021 at 5:04 PM..
Old 04-08-2021, 5:34 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
I brought up EUA and it fell on deaf ears. I speculated the boss' mind was made up before the our meeting. I knew that a policy and an ultimatum was going to happen. The ultimatum wasn't explicit, but we all knew what it was.

I was blunt in our meeting. She said she wanted to know what my concerns were and we'd discuss it. I told her my input would not have any effect on her decision or the policy.
I have to wonder if they would actually have the balls to fire you for that. The potential legal fight could be messy.

If you are going to try to ride it out, make sure your side of the house is as clean as you can make it so that they can't use some other issue as cause.
Old 04-08-2021, 5:12 PM
Everybody needs Plov!
CGN Contributor

Religious refuse work too
Old 04-08-2021, 5:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Forcing an experimental medical treatment and they are relinquishing themselves from potential damages that may occur? Uh, no.
Talk to your doctor.
Old 04-08-2021, 5:50 PM

Doctors have less sway over this kind of decision, stick with legal counsel.
Old 04-08-2021, 6:04 PM
CGN Contributor

We have three employees that have not vaccinated and the boss is trying to convince us to. If we do not, a policy will be issued next week (what about future employees?) One agreed to get it and another told me she will be looking for a new job. I am still contemplating. I have been with the company for over 20 years and I don't want to burn any bridges (I need a good reference.) I have a dilemma, do I stick with my beliefs and suffer the consequences or capitulate? I know it seems like a petty issue over a shot, but this issue doesn't sit well with me.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
We have three employees that have not vaccinated and the boss is trying to convince us to. If we do not, a policy will be issued next week (what about future employees?) One agreed to get it and another told me she will be looking for a new job. I am still contemplating. I have been with the company for over 20 years and I don't want to burn any bridges (I need a good reference.) I have a dilemma, do I stick with my beliefs and suffer the consequences or capitulate? I know it seems like a petty issue over a shot, but this issue doesn't sit well with me.

I refused the shot and notified my company that I will not comply. They are not pushing the issue.
My grounds were: Religious reasons and NoN-FDA approved unsafe vaccine .
If they fire me I will
search around and find Legal council that is representing employees in similar situations and sue the business and manager .

Last edited by fighter4cage; 04-10-2021 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-10-2021, 11:30 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter4cage View Post
I refused the shot and notified my company that I will not comply. They are not pushing the issue.
If they fire me I will
search around and find Legal council that is representing employees in similar situations and sue the business and managers .
I suspect there will be many lawsuits - if employers push this nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 04-10-2021, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter4cage View Post
If they fire me I will
search around and find Legal council that is representing employees in similar situations and sue the business and manager .
Keep documents on everything, emails, hand written notes, everything. If it is not on paper it does not exist. Take them home.

Talk to everyone you can at work about it and record their names and the date. It does not matter if they are part of it. IF you do go to court subpoena everyone as witnesses. That will shut down the business. It will give you leverage for a settlement.

Last edited by Scota4570; 04-10-2021 at 2:34 PM..
Old 04-08-2021, 6:20 PM

I know people that got the shot and are fine (and are still gun-owning patriots to boot) so I'd say get the shot and save the fighting for something that isn't a petty issue.
Old 04-08-2021, 7:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
I know people that got the shot and are fine (and are still gun-owning patriots to boot) so I'd say get the shot and save the fighting for something that isn't a petty issue.
Forcing you to inject something into your body, much less something lacking a long term history is not a petty issue.

More people need to reject this.
Old 04-08-2021, 7:20 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyhog View Post
Forcing you to inject something into your body, much less something lacking a long term history is not a petty issue.

More people need to reject this.
I brought that up. There have been no long term tests done on the vaccines. I have a problem with an experimental substance injected into my body.

When the talk of protecting others came up, I very frankly stated "ultimately, I'm number one."
Old 04-08-2021, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Dammmnnn we got a boot licker over here boys !
Old 04-08-2021, 8:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteassasin View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2021, 11:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteassasin View Post

Yeah but don't push him,

he has a way of developing a fascination with your butt.

I call it the booty bandit gambit.

https://billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf

I was born under a wandrin star.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't consider injectng an untested substance into one's body a "petty issue". If that's your stance, I imagine you'd roll right over for 2A confiscation since it's a petty issue to some. What about "My body' my choice"? Works for the pro-abortion devils.
"If they will not understand that we bring them a mathematical faultless happiness, our duty will be to force them to be happy. But before we take up arms, we shall try the power of words." Yevgeny Zamyatin- "We"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Old 04-08-2021, 6:21 PM

How can they legally make it mandatory? I work in a hospital directly caring for patients in the East Bay and it's not even mandatory there.
Old 04-08-2021, 6:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Op, don't ignore your gut feeling. Document everything and use email to discuss the situation. Don't quit your job and talk to lawyer.
If everyone in the office is vaccinated except you, then why are you a threat if it works? Btw, what type of job is this?
Old 04-08-2021, 6:42 PM
CGN Contributor

I work in an office doing property management.
Old 04-08-2021, 6:48 PM
Banned

All of this coronavirus stuff is basically a huge game of chicken and theyíre hoping youíll back down first which it looks like youíre going to.

It is not just a shot, itís future unknown medical conditions. Maybe your kidney gives out maybe you start to have liver issues either way the coronavirus disease is influenza and itís nothing to really worry about in the first place.

If it was me I would get an attorney ASAP just like the private message I sent you they legally canít do this. These people donít realize what theyíre getting themselves into and theyíre playing with other peoples money and thatís why they make decisions like this. Just stand your ground!
Old 07-10-2021, 2:01 PM

Quote:
I work in an office doing property management.
Time to change jobs. Probably best to tell a few White Lies about you are moving to other area because wife etc, and that is why you need a nice recommendation. But you probably screwed the pooch and they will think you are indeed quitting over Vaxx policy and be pissy about it.

Oh well, at least it sounds like you are in a pretty "general" profession and always lots of openings in all areas at some pay grade.

Figure this is a blessing in disguise because:

1)It kinda shows what they think of employees and you in particular, don't it?
It ain't like boss took you aside and said "Its policy but you are valuable so I'm not gonna push it if you got strong feelings, but promise me you will keep kicking *** because you are on promotion fast track".

2)Big Changes afoot in "property management" with Black Rock, Buffet and other mega players buying up all residential property with unlimited free money from "The Fed", so maybe this is NOT the time to stick with your stuck in mud current job.
Old 04-08-2021, 6:50 PM
トップをねらえ!
CGN Contributor

OP sorry you are in such a sh**hole company. We will not need to take the jab and definitely would never force our team to take it either. If you can leave. The leadership will not be swayed by your stance. All employees are expendable (no offense), so look out for yourself and your loved ones depending on you. Share your logical reasons why you refuse to take the jab. But know many employers will comply with the pressure to get the jab. No one knows how unsafe this jab is and what other uses it serves like being the Mark of the Beast. Trust your intuition. Stay safe and God Bless.

Last edited by czakita; 04-08-2021 at 6:56 PM..
Old 04-08-2021, 6:53 PM

Just stall
Old 04-08-2021, 7:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Wow, not even the military is making it mandatory. That tells you alot right there.