Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:19 AM

Default AB 173 Sharing Our Private Data for "Public Safety"

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...202120220AB173

What does "Enrolled" mean? Thanks!
Old 09-15-2021, 4:54 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

It means the bill cleared the Legislature and is on the way to Gavin's desk.

Note this is classified as an 'urgency' bill, and will take effect when signed.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 09-24-2021, 3:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Signed by the governor on September 23rd.

This is about being able to release the crime data to the UCDavis for them to create crime "studies" to justify more gun laws.
There was a hold-up for a few years where the data could not be released because the data included the names of the perpetrators.
This law is to get around that hold-up for UCDavis to create anti-gun reports while still having an excuse NOT to release the raw dataset to Gary Kleck or other pro-gun criminologists to also use.
Old 09-24-2021, 3:21 PM

I am waiting for the leak of names and addresses to that the press can start doxing gun owners, just as it did when it got the names of CCW holders in NYC. Those of us with more than a couple of gats who don't yet have a safe should start saving and planning to get one. This cannot end well. But of course, that was the entire point of the exercise; personally identifying information is pretty useless for research into the root of gun violence.
Old 09-24-2021, 3:34 PM

Link to that UC Davis think tank
https://health.ucdavis.edu/vprp/UCFC/index.html

Not a single mention relating to mental health, they made up an epidemic called "gun violence"
and this...
"The nature of firearm violence, including individual and societal determinants of risk for involvement in firearm violence, whether as a victim or a perpetrator."

So even at home defending ourselves, our names will be leaked to them. Is CRPA or FPC overlooking this one? This is huge!
Old 09-24-2021, 3:36 PM

Default Only a matter of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
I am waiting for the leak of names and addresses to that the press can start doxing gun owners, just as it did when it got the names of CCW holders in NYC. Those of us with more than a couple of gats who don't yet have a safe should start saving and planning to get one. This cannot end well. But of course, that was the entire point of the exercise; personally identifying information is pretty useless for research into the root of gun violence.
Apparently a bunch of nonprofits will be able to get copies of the data. The law states:

At the department’s discretion, and subject to Section 14240, information collected pursuant to this section may be provided to any other nonprofit bona fide research institution accredited by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation for the study of the prevention of violence and following approval by the institution’s governing institutional review board or human subjects committee when required. Material identifying individuals shall only be provided for research or statistical activities

This reads to me like every activist organization can get a copy of the registry for "research" purposes.
Old 09-24-2021, 6:12 PM

It’s unusual that they would provide personally-identifying information or that a university’s study ethics review board would approve the uncoded use of such data. How hard can it be to assign a code in place of a name and to remove other personal information? It sounds like a lazy and unethical way to conduct any studies.
Old 09-24-2021, 7:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
It’s unusual that they would provide personally-identifying information or that a university’s study ethics review board would approve the uncoded use of such data. How hard can it be to assign a code in place of a name and to remove other personal information? It sounds like a lazy and unethical way to conduct any studies.
It's UCDavis.
The desired "study" result is where they start.
The rest is just filling in the fluff to make it look official.
Old 09-25-2021, 7:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It is bad news for anyone concerned about privacy.

They will also obtain the facts they wish then manufacture the required data.
Old 09-25-2021, 3:02 PM

How about posting Newsom and Wintemute address other personal info online as payback?
Old 09-25-2021, 11:07 PM

"Garen J. Wintemute is a renowned expert on the public health crisis of gun violence" first sentence of his bio on UC Davis site.
He probably made up this fake epidemic. Did a brief search on him, seems like a political hack using his medical license as a front.
Old 09-26-2021, 5:43 PM

This is a budget trailer bill isn't it? I'm not seeing any committees other that budget in the history.
Old 09-26-2021, 7:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAuMaN View Post
This is a budget trailer bill isn't it? I'm not seeing any committees other that budget in the history.
Yes.
Budget trailer AND "public safety" so it will go into effect immediately.

Quote:
An act to amend Sections 171c, 11106, 13202, 14230, 14231, 14231.5, 14236, 28220, 30000, 30352, and 30452 of, and to add Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 14240) to Title 12.2 of Part 4 of, the Penal Code, and to add Section 8106 to the Welfare and Institutions Code, relating to public safety, and making an appropriation therefor, to take effect immediately, bill related to the budget.
Old 09-26-2021, 8:09 PM

Is the "budget trailer" aspect how this bill was able to be passed undetected by any of the usual hawks watching out for us?
Old 09-26-2021, 10:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2suck View Post
Is the "budget trailer" aspect how this bill was able to be passed undetected by any of the usual hawks watching out for us?
Yes.
It’s how you propose and get a law passed in such a short time period that people/factors outside of the legislative can be bypassed.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cire raeb View Post
How about posting Newsom and Wintemute address other personal info online as payback?
You must be one of Henry Bowman's relatives or associates? In any event, GO FOR IT.
Old 09-27-2021, 5:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Maybe these studies will include a glossary to define what the hell “gun violence” is…cause I am still unclear on how an inanimate object is capable of violence.
Old 09-27-2021, 6:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersijy View Post
It's probably Wintemute.
Of course it is.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-27-2021, 9:34 PM
Calguns Addict

I trust they will use the information and not leak it to the general public (yes that is sarcasm)

I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
-BWiese
Old 09-28-2021, 12:33 AM

So basically a bunch of liberal college students led by their anti-gun professor will start leaking the names, addresses and quantities of the ammunition registry to the liberal media
Old 09-28-2021, 12:53 AM

The war against Christian men who believe in the principles of the Constitution is alive and well in America.
Old 09-28-2021, 5:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
You must be one of Henry Bowman's relatives or associates? In any event, GO FOR IT.
WWHBD !
Old 09-28-2021, 7:20 AM

Default Equal Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithson View Post
The war against Christian men who believe in the principles of the Constitution is alive and well in America.
T, a tad out of date. With the stats showing large numbers of women and minorities purchasing firearms this is an equal opportunity move against anyone exercising their rights.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911-CV View Post
T, a tad out of date. With the stats showing large numbers of women and minorities purchasing firearms this is an equal opportunity move against anyone exercising their rights.
I don’t think you understand “The War” as you focus on this battle.
This battle may affect women and minorities but they are not the real fighters willing to lay down their life’s for the principles of Jesus Christ found in the Constitution. White Christian males may not go to church in mass but they have a core belief in Christ and his principles of Freedom.
Freedom vs Bondage is what the WAR is over.

There will be lots of smaller battles the wicked will have to win before white Christian males submit to bondage in America.
Old 09-29-2021, 5:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Guns are bad unless they are in the hands of someone who works for any aspect of government or to protect anyone skillful enough to be elected.

Our law to get personal information is a veiled threat that we are on to you and after more laws are passed we will have more laws to deal with you.

Whoever thought a full time legislature was a good idea should be required to read this law.
Old 09-29-2021, 6:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

So you are saying that the criminals now know who to hit if they need weapons??? As if I didn't have enough on my plate.
Old 09-29-2021, 6:41 AM

Well if it’s going to be public knowledges.
Old 09-29-2021, 7:15 AM

Hold on a second...

Doesn't this mean the researchers will have the personal information of Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris (rumored to have purchased a few years ago), judges who carry, many LEOs, and all the more-important-than-you people too?

I'm surprised this passed. I wonder if special filters will be applied before the data is shared.
Old 09-29-2021, 7:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

another source of info to bypass fake news
https://defconnews.com/2021/09/29/if...rfectly-legal/
Old 09-29-2021, 7:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithson View Post
I don’t think you understand “The War” as you focus on this battle.
This battle may affect women and minorities but they are not the real fighters willing to lay down their life’s for the principles of Jesus Christ found in the Constitution. White Christian males may not go to church in mass but they have a core belief in Christ and his principles of Freedom.
Freedom vs Bondage is what the WAR is over.

There will be lots of smaller battles the wicked will have to win before white Christian males submit to bondage in America.
You don't have to be a Christian or a male to believe in Freedom over Bondage. For the advocates of Bondage to prevail, they have to get our guns. So that is what it is about. As ja308 said: WWHBD. When the advocates of Bondage come for our guns, they will find out!
Old 09-29-2021, 7:54 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

I hope our 2A advocacy groups have their suits pressed and their lawsuits ready to file - we need an emergency injunction to stop this.

Old 09-29-2021, 8:27 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
I hope our 2A advocacy groups have their suits pressed and their lawsuits ready to file - we need an emergency injunction to stop this.
I agree but have a question. I have several firearms including 9 RBBAWs that are in CA DOJ's systems. But that all of that information is out of date, since I am no longer in CA and my ARs no longer have BBs. Because the Idaho Constitution prohibits registration of firearms and there is no requirement to use a FFL to transfer firearms to other Idahoans, there is no way for the so called researchers to know who owns any of the firearms that I acquired in CA or how many firearms I now possess. So what possible use can my out of date personal information have? Should I not object because my out of date information will merely mislead the so called researchers?
Old 09-29-2021, 9:10 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I agree but have a question. I have several firearms including 9 RBBAWs that are in CA DOJ's systems. But that all of that information is out of date, since I am no longer in CA and my ARs no longer have BBs. Because the Idaho Constitution prohibits registration of firearms and there is no requirement to use a FFL to transfer firearms to other Idahoans, there is no way for the so called researchers to know who owns any of the firearms that I acquired in CA or how many firearms I now possess. So what possible use can my out of date personal information have? Should I not object because my out of date information will merely mislead the so called researchers?
You should object because you are no longer a citizen of CA, along with the standard objection that it will identify you and potentially the number and type of guns you own. Just because your address has changed doesn't mean you can't be located...

Perhaps citizens of other states who would get caught up in this dragnet have some standing to make a unique argument that current CA citizens cannot.

Old 09-29-2021, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Perhaps citizens of other states who would get caught up in this dragnet have some standing to make a unique argument that current CA citizens cannot.
I understand and would be happy to become a party on that basis.
Old 09-29-2021, 1:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You don't have to be a Christian or a male to believe in Freedom over Bondage. For the advocates of Bondage to prevail, they have to get our guns. So that is what it is about. As ja308 said: WWHBD. When the advocates of Bondage come for our guns, they will find out!
It was a fictional, although a possible scenario that thrust HB into the predicament where it appeared the invaders were a home invasion crew.

The Young Lady in Louisville who was shot to death. I believe her BF assumed the same thing, with cops in civilian clothes doing a predawn no knock, no announce raid.

In the case of HB, the story unfolded when intelligent, informed, wealthy and principled individuals who were victims of overreach had enough of the abuse .
I think the founders of America were facing similar overreach and acted in a more direct manner.

In some ways its appears the stage is being set for a purge of Americanism. Just today, it came out General Milley (who DJT called an idiot) was quoted as saying Newsmax, Epoch Times, Oath Keepers are domestic terrorist's.
These 3 entities are all ProGun and very credible when it comes to reporting facts.
So what would HB do? No doubt he would stay alert, enjoy life and be ready for the catalyst that could happen, unless there is a change away from conquering America from within.

This partnership between people who hate America , now sharing information on gun owners is not a step in that direction!

Last edited by ja308; 09-29-2021 at 1:42 PM..
Old 09-29-2021, 1:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
WWHBD
Shoot.
Shovel.
STFU.
Old 09-29-2021, 1:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...legal-n2596630
Old 09-29-2021, 3:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
WWHBD !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Shoot.
Shovel.
STFU.
When I posted about Henry Bowman, my wife said no one would understand. Looks like I am not the only one who has read John Ross' novel. The passages I enjoyed the most was the history teacher in the Warsaw Ghetto describing the American Revolution and what makes us different, at least those of us who call ourselves gun people. And, of course, there is the final passages where the President recalls Irwin Mann saying that he had to go feed his hogs. Makes me wonder if I should try and register the phrase "Beto Bacon" before someone else does.

Last edited by BAJ475; 09-29-2021 at 6:54 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-29-2021, 4:13 PM

Quote:
You are correct there is always the exception and those that “only believe in the principle of freedom”.

This Country was built by white male Christians fighting for freedoms taught by Jesus Christ. News flash- that is what made this country great.
There are a lot of cultures and countries where citizens only dream of freedom.
White Christian Males in America DID IT, supported by The Hand Of God.

What other culture or country has tasted American Freedom or paid the ultimate price to obtain it?
South America?
Africa?
The Middle East?
China?

Yes some from other countries and cultures have joined America and tasted freedom but it take awhile and sometimes a generation or more for them to fully embrace it.

America is still the only country in the world with freedom of speech.
Citizens of England, Europe, Canada on down are all thrown is jail if they say the wrong thing.

I am telling you that Christians in America will not bow the knee to evil leaders and their corrupt laws. God will fight our battles for us as we stand with faith in him.

The wicked will be destroyed like they always are.
God and his children will always win.

News flash-God allows the wicked to be captured and put in bondage.
Old 09-29-2021, 6:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

so now every gun owner is CA is known to the people at UC Davis that wants to do research on gun violence and any other groups that UC Davis grants permission to?

guess i better setup some traps then around the outside of the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).