Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2019, 5:16 AM
Veteran Member

Default ETS cam loader 308

When I saw the reviews for these I was chuckling at the tightness of the 308 loading. Then I tried it for myself and it was a pain if not more time consuming than loading one by one. Anyone else had this issue, where loading 308s take arnold schwarzenegger strength and positioning the mags upside down for mostly successful loading? I am contacting ETS, love the 9mm and 556 operation though.

I had tried to wear down the tracks by practice loading many times now.
Thinking about using a tool to sand down the inside tracks a bit so that it glides like the 9mms and 556s.
Old 04-29-2019, 3:59 PM
Veteran Member

Hi there--

The .308 is definitely the max that rail will accept. There is a break in period and it will get easier the more your use it. I would suggest only loading 3-5 .308 rounds on the rail at a time to make it easier for you. Oiling that rail may also make it easier.

If you feel modifying the loader will make it easier to accept those rounds, please feel free. You will not void our lifetime warranty.

Thank you,
Sara John
ETS Group
855-887-5452 Office
888-882-1725 Fax
www.etsgroup.us
Find us on Facebook at #elitetacticalsystemsgroup
Or on Instagram @etsgroup

> Question Hello there, Great speed loaders, I have the rifle and the 9mm versions. I have noticed that even on review videos, loading up the 308s for my ar10 is very difficult, to the point of either hurting myself or making it more time consuming than it's worth. Can you tell me if there are tricks to doing this, if this will wear in over time, if I should modify the binding areas or if you're working on a better version that will still make loading 556s easy, reliable as well as 762s. Thank you and keep up the good work.