Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 02-26-2018, 7:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default CALGUNNERS SPECIAL PRICING AR MAGLOCK/KINGPIN Gen 4 FINAL MONTH

Hey CG

So i'm getting a ton of questions regarding the differences between HS and KP so let me take some time to clarify as much as possible the possibilities and differences between the two. I will update this post as needed if I have left anything out.

HyperSwitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEazU9T8yK0

- for use with California Compliant systems that require completely opening the upper to release the magazine.

some of those systems are : AR Maglock, Cross Armory, Bullet Button PMR, Raddlock Relock. I know there are others but can't think of them off the top of my head. If the maglock system you are using is an auto releasing system such as the new AR Maglock Gen 3 or Cross Armory then this will be a super fast system for you

- It's function is somewhat automatic via a spring loaded release. You flip the lever either up or down and the takedown pin will automatically spring open.

- To lock, close the upper, push the pin in and flip the lever back into its locking channel.

- This pin is NOT just for California Compliant rifles. I will be selling them to free states as well for people that own AR15 rifles that HATE their rear takedown pin and how hard it may be to remove the pin to open the upper.

The Pros and Cons of HyperSwitch

Pros

- At this point cost is our biggest priority. I know the pin works great and have been using it for over a year. I will not release something that I know does not function well or serve its purpose properly. With that under my belt I've listened to the complaints that these systems cost TOO much money. Please understand that manufacturing does cost a ton of money as well as R&D. We have narrowed our manufacturers down to two and are choosing very soon so that we can get these to you at the lowest cost possible. We are also going to be investing in our own machines to take over production so we want to make sure this will NEVER affect the cost to the consumer.

- The system is probably the fastest rear takedown pin out there without it being uncomfortable. I have tested the Cross Armory and it does have sharp edges and a lot of moving parts. It is a great idea but access to the safety for me is my highest priority handling an AR. Since the SpeedSwitch is operated off the right side if you dont have an Ambi safety with the flick of your index finger knuckle your upper can be open in seconds.

- The system is easy to use for left handers. Again a flick of the thumb for a left handed shooter and the upper is open.

- completely customizable. you can adjust the lever angle to suit you as well as decide if you want to flip up or flip down.

- If you already have a maglock system but dont like your takedown pin this is a great upgrade without breaking the bank.

Cons

- I've tested this on many rifles and there is NO way around this. A lot of you guys like tight tolerances and either have a wedged upper and lower receiver or set screw like the Sig M400's that make the upper and lower receiver interface very tight so there is no movement. This hinders operation of the HyperSwitch. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS before purchasing this system.

- if you have a piston rifle the BCG wants to push out as soon as the upper is open. while it works and you just have to mind your BCG this is an unfortunate thing for using this system or any complete upper separation with a piston rifle. See KingPin below

- There is no way around it. Double feeds can and will happen and with a maglocked system it can be a big problem. You can choose your method to clear this as long as its safe.

- haven't released it yet for sale. I'm working as fast as possible on this. I want to get it right. I want to get our costs down and this obviously takes time. CG will be the first to know once we launch.

KingPin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bMv2l8MIqE

torture test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8YyZQQRWQM

- for use with California Compliant systems that dont require the upper to open all the way to release the magazine.

Some of these systems are the AR Maglock Gen 2, Battle Arms development plunger system, Juggernaut Tactical (if they sell it separately from their hell fighter pin)

untested with 33.3 Tactical Cal Catch and similar devices but in theory it should work.

- Its function is simple. Push with the right thumb and the upper is open. Not completely but enough for the maglock device to release the magazine. I've been using it with the AR Maglock Gen 2 and I push both the KingPin and the Maglock at the same time and as soon as the upper is open the mag drops. As soon as you close the upper it automatically resets and you dont need to do anything except charge the rifle and press the trigger.

- If you're using with the AR Maglock Gen 2 or Battle Arms type plunger system and like retrofit mods you can keep your bolt catch. I shave the bolt catch notch so that I dont have to drop the bolt before opening. Since you need to charge the handle anyway after inserting a new mag keeping bolt hold back is a useless step. But because you retain your bolt catch you can still hold your bolt back manually as normal.

Pros and Cons of KingPin

Pros

- you can now clear double feeds with a maglocked system but only if you're using it with the NEWEST AR Maglock Gen2 arms. They will be sold together on the AR Maglock website.

- by far the fastest out there for California Compliant systems out there. Had I designed this system 10 years ago I would have been using it over the bullet button ANY day.

- easy to take down. no tools needed and nothing special to remove or install the pin.

- low profile for access to the safety. This along with durability was my highest priority in designing this. I pulled the KingPin in as close to the receiver as possible so that it doesnt hinder safety operation but this also largely depends on what safety you're using.

- durability. as you can see with my torture test this has been one of the biggest reasons we didn't launch right away. It obvious there is a lot of material that is taken away from the pin so I wanted to make sure that it can take abuse. Juggernaut has a channel running along the area where material is already sparse effectively weakening the pin. I did not want to do this so ours is as strong as can be and can take a ton of abuse.

- you can do tactical reloads as if you had a standard mag release.

- simple operation and easy to get used to. Really small learning curve to operate.

- perfect for gas piston rifles. Because the upper doesnt open all the way there is no chance for the BCG to come out. Works flawlessly with my Ferfrans and Adams Arms uppers.

Cons

- none!

Well CG. I'm sure i've left a lot out and maybe your questions if any can be answered and I will update above to address those questions.

As far as Freedom Follower I can just say that while it MAY work with some of the systems above it wasn't designed for this. It was really for freestate use or with featureless rifles that use our proprietary mag release that goes with the Freedom Follower. Freedom Follower info is on my youtube page if you do a search.

UPDATE

Went to Burro Canyon today to do the Redback One Operator Readiness Test and here are the results. Could definitely be faster but had one malfunction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Dt_m6vRE0

Last edited by protohyp; 12-08-2020 at 8:20 AM..
Old 02-26-2018, 9:47 AM

That killswitch is money, I love it.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:45 AM

Anxiously waiting!
Old 02-26-2018, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

The products look really well put together, but please rename them.

The last thing we need is a legal compliance device called the kill switch. Picture the gun banners making a speech about the evil guns that have kill switches.

Something like a "receiver disconnector" would be much better.
Old 02-26-2018, 3:46 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post
The products look really well put together, but please rename them.

The last thing we need is a legal compliance device called the kill switch. Picture the gun banners making a speech about the evil guns that have kill switches.

Something like a "receiver disconnector" would be much better.
we are actually looking at changing it as we speak. thanks for the suggestion

Last edited by protohyp; 02-26-2018 at 3:49 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 7:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

So in the spirit of getting the name of this right I think we will let CG name this takedown pin for us.

suggest some names and if we pick it you'll get a free pin.

Will let this run until March 15th

Last edited by protohyp; 02-27-2018 at 2:16 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 7:25 AM
Veteran Member

FreedomSwitch

or FreeSwitch if you want something more abbreviated.
Old 02-27-2018, 7:44 AM

Smile Hows bout

THRILL switch
143 switch
or
GFY switch

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer
Old 02-27-2018, 8:37 AM
Calguns Addict

How about FUDOJ Switch?

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 02-27-2018, 9:38 AM

How about a Libpin
Old 02-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

I think "takedown button" is both succinct and marketable.

Compliance devices have been called X-button or X-lock for a while, and I think this is more of a "button" then a "lock". The video makes it appear to be more of a "button" then a "switch". The speed switch does look like a switch, the other one isn't shown as clearly and appears to be released in a "press".

It works well for marketing as the name does not appear to be taken, and it works well for training: "press the takedown button to open the action, then use the magazine release after the action is opened to change the magazine. ".

It's also politically neutral enough that the same news organization that tried to say the original bullet button made reloading faster vs a regular mag release wouldn't be very believable if they tried to explain that the "takedown button" makes the gun extra deadly.

Just a thought.

Edit to add: takedown button could mean to "take someone down". Maybe "disassembly button"?

Last edited by unusedusername; 02-27-2018 at 2:22 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 12:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

"Disco"
Old 02-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Flip switch for the current speed switch

Speed switch for the former killswitch
Old 02-27-2018, 2:21 PM

How about the 'Liberty Switch' or 'Liberty Pin'?

Variations being LibertySwitch/LibertyPin or Liberty-Switch/Liberty-Pin.

I think this is a very apt name for your genius device since the dictionary definition of Liberty is:

1. The state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.

Last edited by Aleous; 02-27-2018 at 2:28 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 2:42 PM

"Flip switch for the current speed switch

Speed switch for the former killswitch"

^ I like this idea tbh. The faster one should have the "speed" descriptor.

Or something to troll the legislature when they try to ban it, like the "fixed magazine action disassembly switch" but those might not sell well lol.
Old 02-27-2018, 3:02 PM

Anything that can't be branded as a "work-around" or "loophole". I'd take the one's you're considering and put them in a news headline and see how good or bad it sounds.
Old 02-27-2018, 3:16 PM

I'd make the most innocuous name possible and include 'compliant' in there somewhere. That way anytime someone mentions it they have to say the word 'compliant' - underscoring that it is a device that meets CA law.

Any kind of sexy marketing name is just asking for trouble IMO. Just red meat for the politicians. You won't need it anyway if you've truly built a better mousetrap. People will seek it out no matter what it's called.

California Compliant Quick Disassembly Button or something like that.
Old 02-27-2018, 3:37 PM
Casual Plinker
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

something with california in it...
cali-switch, cali-pin I dunno, those don't really have a ring to them
Old 02-27-2018, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
Flip switch for the current speed switch

Speed switch for the former killswitch
Yeah. Better naming.

Killswitch, although cleaver, has got.... it's got the word "kill" in it. I don't know what else there is the say. It'll attract the wrong kind of attention from lawmakers.
Old 02-27-2018, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlentzner View Post
I'd make the most innocuous name possible and include 'compliant' in there somewhere. That way anytime someone mentions it they have to say the word 'compliant' - underscoring that it is a device that meets CA law.

Any kind of sexy marketing name is just asking for trouble IMO. Just red meat for the politicians. You won't need it anyway if you've truly built a better mousetrap. People will seek it out no matter what it's called.

California Compliant Quick Disassembly Button or something like that.
Yup. I agree completely. See my post just above.
Old 02-27-2018, 4:43 PM
Vendor/Retailer

It’s in Calguns hands. You guys are naming it. The more we have to choose from the better. Keep em coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANTIS BLACKBEARD X AFFILIATE LINK https://mantisx.idevaffiliate.com/id...id=528&url=172

DRYFIREMAG AFFILIATE LINK https://www.dryfiremag.com/?ref=Protohyp
Old 02-27-2018, 6:15 PM

Random thoughts....
CalPin
CaDisc
CalCam
CamPin'
WTFPin
SafePin
DaisyPin ---- need to shape and paint like a daisy tho
When in doubt, "Fred' or "Bob" or "Dude" usually come to mind
Old 02-27-2018, 6:22 PM

Interesting
Old 02-27-2018, 7:37 PM

SpringPin ?

Simple and doesn't have the words "speed" or "Kill" cause one link to your video and the name "SpeedSwitch" and they'll want to ban it.
Old 02-27-2018, 7:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Cameltoeharriswitch?
Old 02-27-2018, 8:16 PM
Uhaul Enthusiast
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Compliant Qwik-Pin
Old 02-27-2018, 8:27 PM
Veteran Member

Why not name it after yourself?

proto-pin
hyp-pin

You could be the next tesla-coil.

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
Old 02-27-2018, 8:41 PM
CGN Contributor

Default SpeedSwitch vs. ?Switch (help us name it)

Snowflakeswitch ... jokingly, kinda
Old 02-27-2018, 8:56 PM

Liberty switch

https://akthumbgrips.com/ VIDEO REVIEW> https://youtu.be/uwOoGQZtnf4
Old 02-27-2018, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedie View Post
Random thoughts....
CalPin
CaDisc
CalCam
CamPin'
WTFPin
SafePin
DaisyPin ---- need to shape and paint like a daisy tho
When in doubt, "Fred' or "Bob" or "Dude" usually come to mind
I was thinking one close to the above, "Safety Pin".
Old 02-27-2018, 9:29 PM

CCB - california compliant button
Old 02-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Caltaco View Post
I was thinking one close to the above, "Safety Pin".
I like "safety pin".

I'd buy a bunch of those.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:57 PM

The kingpin

Since it is the king of takedown pins
Old 02-27-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
How about FUDOJ Switch?
Love it! Props.

But on a serious note. The ?Switch is indeed more of a button.

-Speed Button (which goes well with the other option Speed Switch)
-FTB (Fast takedown button)
Old 02-28-2018, 6:21 AM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post
I like "safety pin".

I'd buy a bunch of those.
Yup, was going to recommend working the word "safety" in there. Maybe "Safe Disassembly Pin."

Nothing that makes reference to killing, making anything faster, or even shooting the firearm.
Old 02-28-2018, 8:06 AM
Calguns Addict

On a serious note, how about MagFree button/switch?

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 02-28-2018, 3:27 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Thanks guys...great suggestions. keep em coming...
Old 02-28-2018, 6:26 PM

How about

1. Cay-Comp
2. K-Comp
3. ProComp

First two In honor of where it came from (california), and third in honor of who invented it (protohyp)
Loren
Old 02-28-2018, 6:44 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenF View Post
How about

1. Cay-Comp
2. K-Comp
3. ProComp

First two In honor of where it came from (california), and third in honor of who invented it (protohyp)
Loren
brownie points work very well!
Old 02-28-2018, 7:09 PM

SFTB - Switches For The B#tches

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk