Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2021, 3:48 AM

Default Hello...Moving from Maryland within 60 days

Hi all. Currently living in the DC Beltway and received a promotion with my employer and getting a pretty hefty paybump if I were to relocate to SoCal. More or less 60% paybump. With that said, my wife is originally from California and almost all of my relatives presently reside in California as well. So its a move we're both looking forward to as we've been away from all of our family for over a decade. We're moving to Thousand Oaks and are extremely excited.

Now with that out of the way, I am here for guidance pertaining to the firearms I have and want to bring into the State. I've read the stickys and made several modification to make them Legal per my understanding, but wanted another set of eyes to take a look.

1.) CZP01 - 9MM Pistol - Selling my 14 rd Mags in Virginia and coming over with only the 10 rd
2.) CZP09 - 9MM Pistol - Selling my 19 rd Mags in Virginia and coming over with only the 10 rd
3.) HKVP9SK - 9MM Pistol - Coming over with my 10 rd Mags
4.) AR-15. Model is a Colt AR6721 (does not have AR15 in its name). I've added the Magazine Lock to it. With the Mag Lock installed, are there any other modification i must make to make it CA Legal? I do have a Vertical Foregrip on it. I was confused whether I needed to add the Kydex Grip on the Pistol Grip with a Mag Lock or not.
5.) CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 - 9MM Assault Pistol in CA's language - Created a DIY Mag Lock on it. Again, do I need to get a Kydex Grip on the Pistol Grip when I have the Mag locked?
6.) HK SP5K - Holy Grail Pistol 1. Mag Lock installed. Again, do I need to get a Kydex Grip on the Pistol Grip when I have the Mag locked?
7.) MKE Z-5RS (MP5 Clone) - Mag Lock Installed. Again, do I need to get a Kydex Grip on the Pistol Grip when I have the Mag locked?
8.) Molot VEPR 7.62x39 - This is the sporter with the all Wood stock and Grip combined into one. It's an AK, but not (Can't accept AK Mags without modifications). I was confused whether I needed to do anything to it.
Old 09-27-2021, 4:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If pistols maglocked with magazine outside pistol grip can have threaded barrel and handgrip. No forward grip.
Old 09-27-2021, 5:05 AM

With regard to handguns: handgun flow chart
With regard to semi-auto long guns: semi-auto (AW) flow chart

Also, California has a handgun roster, meaning California residents can only purchase those specifically listed handguns from FFL, unless exempt, PPT, moving into California with previously purchased handguns, or inter-family transfer. Bring some handguns you wouldn't mind selling later down the road. They can sell for a pretty penny. Check out the WTB and WTS Handgun section to see what people are into.
Good luck komrade
Old 09-27-2021, 2:23 PM

Congratulations on the promotion??? While Thousand Oaks will be over an hour to https://www.ovgc.org/ it is a good range and has fairly inexpensive family plan. I usually go mid week. If you need a sponsor let me know.