Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 12-18-2020, 1:10 PM

Default Suggestions for AIWB holster only using UltiClips, no belt?

I hate wearing a belt unless I really have to. I have tried a few belts to try and get AIWB feeling comfortable but no dice. I normally wear shots and a regular tshirt. I have tried a Vedder light tuck with and without the claw. So far the most comfortable is with no belt just throw it in the shorts the problem is the weight drags down my shorts and you can see the clip. There is also not good retention on the clip.

UltiClips seem like a good solution but need them paired with a comfortable holster. I tried 4 o clock which felt better but then when I bend down/over it shows.

I'm new to carrying so trying to find the right thing like probably most of you have already gone through. Also tried a hybrid leather/kydex holster with 2 clips but that was even worse.
Old 12-18-2020, 4:16 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't know if this helps you or not. But Phlster has a new...contraption...coming out for wearing holsters without a belt...sort of.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/phlster-enigma/

Fighter Pilot
Old 12-18-2020, 4:26 PM

You can replace your Vedder clips with these. https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/HL...s™-c26960683 They have more options than UltiClip.

Won’t help with the weight problem though. Kind of need a belt for that, or suspenders I guess.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:05 AM

Tier1 makes good AIWB holsters with the option of getting the utiliclips on them.

They're really only recommended for smaller guns otherwise your pants start to sag.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

I really have to question whether a holster help only by the waistband of a pair of shorts is going to work when you draw.

A real gunbelt is needed to support the holster for both carry and the draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-21-2020, 11:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Summer time, I usually AIWB because I'm in shorts and a t-shirt most of the time and it's easier for me to conceal. I found the trick is finding the right belt. I use one of these ratchet belts to get the right fit. They're pretty thick and rigid, so it'll hold the holster in the right spot, but they're still comfortable.
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 02-25-2021, 1:34 PM

Most of your non belt carriers are ex NFL players who wear sweatpants with Glocks. I say ex because many of them dropped the gun while partying in a club.
Old 02-26-2021, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't buy anything here View Post
Most of your non belt carriers are ex NFL players who wear sweatpants with Glocks. I say ex because many of them dropped the gun while partying in a club.
Guess you have never visited a Woman's CCW Facebook group.
Seems 90% of them don't wear anything but leggings!!
No belts, no pants, bunch of bedazzled guns and holsters, guns carried in their boob area.
Makes me cringe as a Woman to see that crap.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain