Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-27-2021, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaliber View Post
Unless there is a strong reason otherwise, I would definitely submit before SCOTUS renders a decision in Bruen. I think a very likely outcome is mandatory Shall Issue, but with permits still required and in CA issued by the Sheriff. Basically the same as if we had won Peruta. If that happens, the flood of applications will be biblical and the delays will be glacial. I'd want my place in line before that happens.
How long does it usually takes SCOTUS to render decision after the trial? I was thinking reapplying within a year of application, in my case April 21st

4/21 Application accepted
6/14 Preemptively started Livescan
6/19 LiveScan fully complete
7/15 Deputy called (with unacceptable date/time).
8/25 Appointment set for 9/10
9/10 Interview complete. Waiting for "Proceed to training"
10/02 - 9/29 (Date in letter) - DENIED

Last edited by LrdVaderZ; 10-27-2021 at 7:42 PM..
Old 10-27-2021, 7:43 PM

Applied late may/early June.
6/22 Check cashed
11/4 interview scheduled
Old 10-27-2021, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVaderZ View Post
How long does it usually takes SCOTUS to render decision after the trial? I was thinking reapplying within a year of application, in my case April 21st
There is not really a standard you can rely on. Paladin thinks Feb. I think. Maybe your best bet would be to have your application FULLY complete with all supporting docs updated at all times. The day the decision is announced, if it is Shall Issue, sign, date, and overnight mail to the HQ address. I doubt many will have their applications arriving at LASD the day after the decision.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 10-27-2021, 8:03 PM

Quote:
There is not really a standard you can rely on. Paladin thinks Feb. I think. Maybe your best bet would be to have your application FULLY complete with all supporting docs updated at all times. The day the decision is announced, if it is Shall Issue, sign, date, and overnight mail to the HQ address. I doubt many will have their applications arriving at LASD the day after the decision.
Do you think using white glove service will help? I wonder if they'd be able to catch stuff I may overlook. I'm unfortunately (I think) a classic nerd - can build almost anything from office desktop to servers/gaming systems, but to put together a decent GC statement, I make a HUGE mess

Last edited by LrdVaderZ; 10-27-2021 at 8:12 PM..
Old 10-27-2021, 8:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
There is not really a standard you can rely on. Paladin thinks Feb. I think….
Slight clarification: late June is the safe bet but I can make an argument it could come as early as late February, so be ready for anytime between St Valentines Day and Independence Day.

Oral arguments will be live streamed on SCOTUS homepage next Wed at 7:00 am our time.

FWIW since it appears LASD is still Light Green I’m backing away again from monitoring this thread. Again, I suggest applicants with solid Dark Green “Daily Routine” risk and excellent GMC to apply. If any DG get told to get training, please PM me.

Don’t forget to tell newbies to use my CCW Application Advice thread pinned at the top of the forum.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.
Old 10-27-2021, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVaderZ View Post
Do you think using white glove service will help? I wonder if they'd be able to catch stuff I may overlook. I'm unfortunately (I think) a classic nerd - can build almost anything from office desktop to servers/gaming systems, but to put together a decent GC statement, I make a HUGE mess
I have not seen any feedback on anybody that has used a professional service. I have a standing offer for anybody applying in the counties I monitor, (LA, SD, OC, and Riverside) to look over your GC and help polish it up. More eyes is better as far as I'm concerned, theirs or mine. Take your best shot and PM it to me. I want to start with what you consider the best you can do.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.

Last edited by MajorCaliber; 10-27-2021 at 9:22 PM.. Reason: add
Old 10-27-2021, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
What are you carrying, and how? (anyone can answer, not just Rpak)

I go with either a Glock 42 or a SW Shield, depending on whether what I am wearing demands a smaller gun or allows for the slightly larger one. I mostly pocket carry (kydex pocket holsters or De Santis sticky cloth ones), though got a nice jacket on amazon with built-in holsters for cold weather carry.
I bought the Springfield XD9 sub-compact, hoping that we win the Duncan v Bonta case and will be able to have more than 10 rounds in the magazine. But since the XD is top-heavy and doesn't feel as balanced, I just bought the M&P Shield which I will be picking up tomorrow.

7/2 Application Received
8/9 Check cashed
Still waiting...
Old 10-27-2021, 9:26 PM

Quote:
I have not seen any feedback on anybody that has used a professional service. I have a standing offer for anybody applying in the counties I monitor, (LA, SD, OC, and Riverside) to look over your GC and help polish it up. More eyes is better as far as I'm concerned, theirs or mine. Take your best shot and PM it to me. I want to start with what you consider the best you can do.
Thank you I will definitely PM it to you