Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
Approved Today with a restriction. Application went in end of Nov.
So......can you tell us what the restriction is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
Its very rare LEO encounter some armed crazy who is going to kill them, but it happens enough to warrant their training....... And its rare to encounter LEO willing to lie, cheat and falsify testimony, but it happens enough to warrant invoking all your rights the second you are stopped.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
Approved Today with a restriction. Application went in end of Nov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead9 View Post
Like Heatseeker, I'd like to know what kind of restriction Moore imposed. Also, since it will be public record soon anyway, what's the gist of your Good Cause Statement?
Where'd you go call_me_ski???

Do I smell a troll?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

The restriction limits carry to the confines of his home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 8:33 PM

I see that we are pretty close to the 14 day mark, does anybody have any idea what is happening ?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Where'd you go call_me_ski???

Do I smell a troll?
He's no troll. Wisely, he's doing what I asked and standing by for now.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-15-2011, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
He's no troll. Wisely, he's doing what I asked and standing by for now.

-Brandon
Good to know. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was strange that he posted what he did, and then disappeared. 3 or 4 of us asked for details over the last week, but nobody got an answer until now. I know we have to be patient, but it's getting increasingly diffcult to sit here in the dark...
Old 03-15-2011, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Good to know. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was strange that he posted what he did, and then disappeared. 3 or 4 of us asked for details over the last week, but nobody got an answer until now. I know we have to be patient, but it's getting increasingly diffcult to sit here in the dark...
This^.

All for a good cause...
Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 AM

Eagerly waiting for the next move.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Yes, I know it is for a good cause, to be patient, but it sucks that some people can't move out of the way for progress to move forward, and the people with the power tend to abuse it. Power trips is what it seems like
Old 03-15-2011, 11:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
Yes, I know it is for a good cause, to be patient, but it sucks that some people can't move out of the way for progress to move forward, and the people with the power tend to abuse it. Power trips is what it seems like
You should tell the NRA - loudly, and both Virginia and CA leadership - that they have a member in Sheriff Moore (allegedly, as per information from interviews with the sheriff) who, as a sheriff in charge of issuing carry permits, refuses to do so for the self-defense of law-abiding gun owners and NRA members. They might want to consider having a sheriff like that, proudly waving his NRA flag around as a defense against our request for him to respect fundamental rights, as a member.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-17-2011, 5:04 PM
Veteran Member

Can't wait to hear an update.
IDPA Member
Old 03-19-2011, 9:57 PM
Veteran Member

I just read this entire thread and i'm pissed off. I'm mad and i don't even live in SJ county.
this sheriff saying that he's a 2a supporter and NRA member is a joke. I wish someone would trash him at a friends of nra dinner in front of everyone.

I'm going to apply in madera in 1 week, wish me luck.

let's see if Mr. Anderson accepts 'self defense'

Last edited by Blackhawk556; 03-19-2011 at 9:59 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 8:45 AM

What is the consensus on interviewing with Sheriff Moore? I just got a call saying this is a "new" system he likes to do but its not required. Should I let my application stand or go in for the interview? Has anyone actually received their ccw after doing this interview? Seems like everyone that has interviewed did not like the results. Please reply back ASAP as I only have a couple of days.
Old 03-21-2011, 9:22 AM
Veteran Member

I say you should tell him to go pound sand. Chances are, you'll get denied either way. Why spend the time and gas?

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
What is the consensus on interviewing with Sheriff Moore? I just got a call saying this is a "new" system he likes to do but its not required. Should I let my application stand or go in for the interview? Has anyone actually received their ccw after doing this interview? Seems like everyone that has interviewed did not like the results. Please reply back ASAP as I only have a couple of days.
Unless you're able to articulate a tremendous more about your "greater need", then the interview is almost certainly without any value.

Old 03-21-2011, 6:09 PM

Quote:

Please explain this "new" system a little more. Are you saying the interview is not required? I have my application in and am waiting for the interview call. I would like to know how to respond when I get the call.
Old 03-21-2011, 8:47 PM

Its "not" required. You can let your application stand. Don't know what would be better but if you read the last couple of pages the interview does not look like it helps. That is all I can provide as I dont know the correct answer.
Old 03-21-2011, 9:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

There's not really a "correct" answer; unless you're more able to articulate the Sheriff's idea of "greater need" (a need to CCW more than 'ordinary' people, who, to him, do not need to - and should not - ccw), the interview does not help you.

Old 03-21-2011, 9:56 PM

Thanks for your reply Torquen and Wildhawker. It seems I may be better off letting my application stand on its own rather than doing the interview. I did not know this was an option. Thanks everyone who is contributing to this thread because your information is very helpful.
Old 03-22-2011, 6:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Quote:
You should tell the NRA - loudly, and both Virginia and CA leadership - that they have a member in Sheriff Moore (allegedly, as per information from interviews with the sheriff) who, as a sheriff in charge of issuing carry permits, refuses to do so for the self-defense of law-abiding gun owners and NRA members. They might want to consider having a sheriff like that, proudly waving his NRA flag around as a defense against our request for him to respect fundamental rights, as a member.

-Brandon
NRA PVF Contact Information

Start hammering these guys.
Old 03-22-2011, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Unless you're able to articulate a tremendous more about your "greater need", then the interview is almost certainly without any value.
The Sheriff asked me to come in for interview and wildhawker is spot on. After the interview I feel the Sheriff wanted to get into my head and root around. I had a long "GC". I talked about my GC and elaborated on each point and reinforced what is taught in "NRA's Personal Protection Outside the Home" training class.
I did get a phone call from sgt. Palmer after the interview on day 90 saying I was approved.
Old 03-22-2011, 3:47 PM
Veteran Member

Brandon... 2 weeks +

we're all getting antsy

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-22-2011, 4:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
Brandon... 2 weeks +

we're all getting antsy
Please remain patient. Wheel are turning.

-Brandon

Old 03-22-2011, 9:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I need to apply in May(Money pending). Getting "detained" after being seen open carrying, while they run my name and numbers just isn't fun at all. I wish the people doing the detaining would tap our sheriff on the shoulder and advise him to change his policy, or at least send him a respectful memo.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=Gray Peterson;6052885]NRA PVF Contact Information

Start hammering these guys.[/QUOT

Email sent to NRA PVF.
will let you all know the outcome.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Jam View Post
The Sheriff asked me to come in for interview and wildhawker is spot on. After the interview I feel the Sheriff wanted to get into my head and root around. I had a long "GC". I talked about my GC and elaborated on each point and reinforced what is taught in "NRA's Personal Protection Outside the Home" training class.
I did get a phone call from sgt. Palmer after the interview on day 90 saying I was approved.
Thanks for the info. i am sort of leaning towards doing the interview and see how the cards fall.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwilly51 View Post
Thanks for the info. i am sort of leaning towards doing the interview and see how the cards fall.
Good luck with that.... We all went for the interview route as well and only 2 got approved and 1 of those has restrictions on his, so I wish you the best of luck and I sure hope you get it, let us know how it goes.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwilly51 View Post
As locksmith says, the cards seem to be fairly predictable right now. One does not need to count far into the deck to see how this sheriff projects his anti-gun bias upon law-abiding applicants.

-Brandon

Old 03-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Good luck with that.... We all went for the interview route as well and only 2 got approved and 1 of those has restrictions on his, so I wish you the best of luck and I sure hope you get it, let us know how it goes.
I will certainly keep everyone informed.
Old 03-24-2011, 9:53 PM

I hope you get it, but a leapord doesnt change it's spots, so his reputation and past actions speak for their selfs.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 PM

Has anybody heard anything on their appeal, or do you Brandon have any idea on how quickly the appeals are going and if any denials have been over-turned ?

I wrote to NRA and recieved a response within hours, asking if I had been personally denied or if i knew of any any people that had been. and asking how i came to find out this information, and they said they would be looking in to it.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Has anybody heard anything on their appeal, or do you Brandon have any idea on how quickly the appeals are going and if any denials have been over-turned ?

I wrote to NRA and recieved a response within hours, asking if I had been personally denied or if i knew of any any people that had been. and asking how i came to find out this information, and they said they would be looking in to it.
IIRC, the appeal is boiled down into a meeting with Moore, essentially another shot at pitching your good cause. I have not heard of any successful appeals so far.

-Brandon

Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 PM

Brandon- what would be your response to the 2nd interview, do you have to show to the appeal or can you tell Sheriff Moore to pound sand ?, and let the original "G.C." stand, this is a little confusing for me, cause you are requesting him to look at your packet again, and upseting him with a no-show could hurt the approval of a issuance ? I'm just a little tired of wasting my time, in the process so far.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Brandon- what would be your response to the 2nd interview, do you have to show to the appeal or can you tell Sheriff Moore to pound sand ?, and let the original "G.C." stand, this is a little confusing for me, cause you are requesting him to look at your packet again, and upseting him with a no-show could hurt the approval of a issuance ? I'm just a little tired of wasting my time, in the process so far.
If you appeal, the polite thing would be to follow through in good faith. As a rule, however, I don't believe the oral interviews to be of value unless you're unable to articulate the statement of cause fully in writing.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:00 AM

just recieved my appeal date for 2nd interview, it is on April 5 @ 4:00 pm
Hope all goes well.
fingers, toes and eyes crossed.
any help on how to handle 2nd go round with sheriff would be helpful.
Old 03-29-2011, 7:18 PM

Wildhawker, do you want us to appeal? Or do we just let you do your thing?
Old 03-29-2011, 8:06 PM

Yes, I like what meathead said as well, I think that is how I should have asked. Awaiting your answer ..............
Old 03-29-2011, 9:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

My preference would be for everyone to not appeal at this time.

-Brandon

Old 03-30-2011, 8:12 AM

I was hoping for an appeal......just waiting for the "day" when i can......or given to go by the people in the know !
Old 03-30-2011, 9:49 AM

Is it also safe to say that now that since the "drill" has been run, others should wait to apply until we get this thing sorted out? If so, people that haven't applied yet should hold off for now. It seems like a waste of time and money to submit an initial application at this stage, but I could be wrong...