Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-31-2021, 8:13 PM

ACSO does issue CCW's. And what you said makes no sense considering neither the police officer nor the Business owner in Oakland Chinatown were charged with a crime. Both of those shootings were questionable and easily could have been charged as crimes but prosecutors used leniency in both cases.
Old 04-01-2021, 2:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
So is Alameda County still red or is it actually yellow?
Yellow. Employment risks (Yellow) works as well as business ownership risks (Light Red) and personal threats (Dark Red). Of course, with any one of those risks you have to prove they exist.

Read posts 614, 619 and 625 too.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-27-2021 at 7:50 PM..
Old 04-06-2021, 10:18 PM

Default LCM

Does anyone know if Alameda County allows CCW holders to use mags >10 rounds? The feeling I get from government here is that "only the police need more than 10 rounds".
Old 04-07-2021, 4:43 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbobfisher View Post
Does anyone know if Alameda County allows CCW holders to use mags >10 rounds? The feeling I get from government here is that "only the police need more than 10 rounds".
Don't have the permit, but I live in the county. Have never heard of that restriction.
Old 04-27-2021, 6:07 PM

They don’t check your carry mags. They only log your name and the handgun serial number when you qualify at the range. You are always encouraged to carry a spare mag anyway
Old 04-27-2021, 6:43 PM

I was referring to just carrying in general. I found some info that essentially it is legal to possess and carry >10 round mags but just that the "optics" are not good. People often associate >10 round mags with criminal behavior so proceed at your own risk. It's probably smarter to just carry 2 mags of 10 and that should be sufficient for any potential emergency situation.
Old 04-30-2021, 5:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
For any who don’t know SCOTUS has taken a major gun rights case. It should be heard in the fall and decision released sometime before 2022 July 01. The case has to do with our Right to Bear Arms. More at: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1676407
Old 05-15-2021, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Yellow. Employment risks (Yellow) works as well as business ownership risks (Light Red) and personal threats (Dark Red). Of course, with any one of those risks you have to prove they exist.

Read posts 614, 619 and 625 too.
What are the chances of approval if one helps run a business (co-owner or partner) involving carrying cash transactions in the volumes of 1-9k. Provided one can show receipts for the bank deposits.
Old 05-16-2021, 6:29 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetscience View Post
What are the chances of approval if one helps run a business (co-owner or partner) involving carrying cash transactions in the volumes of 1-9k. Provided one can show receipts for the bank deposits.
If they have clean GMC and follow my CCW Application Advice thread pinned at the top of the forum they are likely to be issued. Owners of tax paying businesses they care about; the lives of mere tax paying citizens, they don’t.

ETA: if you do apply let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Paladin; 05-17-2021 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-28-2021, 12:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Oakland homicides up 90% in 1 year. (I guess there’s never a non-LE social justice mediator around when you need one. )

So Oakland city government decides to cut OPD’s budget.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fallout-c...174753783.html

How will “the chief law enforcement officer of the county” (Sheriff Ahern) respond? Will he accept more than personal threats and business risks for acceptable Good Cause so that the law abiding can defend themselves?

Last edited by Paladin; 06-28-2021 at 12:19 PM..
Old 06-30-2021, 8:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Oakland’s violence is a national disgrace and makes European news. Will Sheriff Ahern have the cajones to follow in Sheriff Villanueva’s footsteps by liberalizing issuance of CCWs so the law abiding can protect themselves?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-chief.html

Last edited by Paladin; 07-08-2021 at 5:26 AM..
Old 07-05-2021, 8:47 PM

I'm pretty sure Oakland City Council will sleep well at night cutting the police budget and feeding Alameda County citizens to the wolves with no way of defending ourselves. We just need to "Nurture" the gang bangers/rapists and maybe they will give us mercy.
Old 07-06-2021, 1:23 PM

A friend of mine recently suggested I look into becoming a process server to make extra money on the side. Does anyone know if process servers have a better chance of being granted a CCW license from the Sheriff in Alameda County?
Old 07-07-2021, 11:43 PM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1079818343

Sherriff Ahern talking about CCW permits in Alameda County.
I'm laughing because he seems to not even understand his own policy, he still thinks the liability insurance policy is in place lol
Old 07-08-2021, 3:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

I'm laughing because he seems to not even understand his own policy, he still thinks the liability insurance policy is in place lol
Holy crap, both these guys are out of touch with reality.
Old 07-08-2021, 4:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMaverick View Post
Does anyone know if process servers have a better chance of being granted a CCW license from the Sheriff in Alameda County?
Probably yes, but “better” is a relative term. You never know for sure until you apply. Use my CCW Application Advice thread pinned at the top of the forum.

Let us know how it goes if you apply.

Last edited by Paladin; 07-17-2021 at 4:11 PM..
Old 07-08-2021, 4:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

They talk about CCWs from 07:15-09:35

IIRC the legislature forbid requiring homeowners insurance policy requirements almost a decade ago. They discriminate against non-homeowners and have a disparate impact against minorities. Ahern saying he still required that shows how rarely he deals with or even thinks about issuing CCWs, about enabling Ala Co residents to defend themselves.

I wonder if Ahern did this interview (I can’t recall anyone previously posting a video interview of him), because he’s going to have a challenger for being sheriff next June? In the last 10 minutes of the interview he says he’s running for re-election.

Last edited by Paladin; 07-08-2021 at 5:28 AM..
Old 07-08-2021, 5:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Less than 11 months until the next sheriffs’ election! (early June 2022) If he hasn’t already, he’ll probably decide soon if he’s running again because he should lock-in endorsements of local and state politicians early.

Let us know if you hear about any challengers and their positions on CCWs.

Last edited by Paladin; 07-08-2021 at 5:45 AM..
Old 07-08-2021, 6:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Less than 11 months until the next sheriffs’ election! (early June 2022) If he hasn’t already, he’ll probably decide soon if he’s running again because he should lock-in endorsements of local and state politicians early.

Let us know if you hear about any challengers and their positions on CCWs.

The one opponent with any info up looks to be great option
https://ebcitizen.com/2021/03/16/202...march-primary/

JoAnn Walker
https://www.walker4sheriff.com/platform
Quote:
I am JoAnn Walker and I am running to be your next Alameda County Sheriff. There is a great deal of work that needs to be done to effectively reduce crime while also building public trust, truly protecting and serving the residents of the county and safeguarding officer well-being. As a 25-year veteran of law enforcement, my career has given me keen insight into strategies that work and strategies that look good on paper but fall apart on the street. It is my hope to take my knowledge, perspective and mentoring skills and use them to refocus the Alameda County’s Sheriff Office (ACSO).

ACSO is charged with a complex balance of responsibility interwoven into the fabric of our communities’ daily lives — ranging from the crime laboratory to the coroner’s bureau to the county jail. The ACSO is who we turn to in times of large-scale emergency and crises and is even at the forefront of providing fish and game enforcement.

So, it is not lost on me how momentous it is that I — a Black woman — have taken on the charge to fix and reform how justice is served in the county. I know all too well how the wheels of justice have not worked for our BIPOC and other minority and disenfranchised communities. I know the legacy of ACSO — from its Urban Shield program to its historic ties with white supremacy or to its over-criminalization of our Black and Brown youth. I am taking a big step of faith by entering this race that typically is uncontested. I have faith that voters in Alameda County are ready for a change in how our community is policed.

We need to address the long-standing issues within the ACSO. Whether it is the public health and safety issues in our County jail or the problematic partnership with ICE or even its embarrassing backlog of untested rape kits, it is going to take a leader with tenacity, the will to do better and integrity.
Yesenia Sanchez
https://sanchez4sheriff.com/
Quote:
Yesenia Sanchez for Alameda County Sheriff
WEB SITE COMING SOON
The other mention in the East Bay Citizen list, Marty Neideffer, appears to have dropped out.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/...ction-in-2022/
Quote:
[snip]Marty Neideffer, captain of the sheriff’s office youth and family services bureau, suspended his campaign last week and will support Ahern, he said.[snip]
Old 07-09-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Probably yes, but better is a relative term. You never know for sure until you apply. Use my CCW Application Advice thread pinned at the top of the forum.

Let us know how it goes if you apply.
Thanks, and I just looked at your Application Advice thread and it is indeed an awesome resource for those of us wanting a CCW. I will definitely update the boards if I submit an application, but the more I've learned about being a process server the less I think it's worth the trouble. Getting a CCW in Alameda County would be a great perk if it indeed helped the application though.
Old 07-09-2021, 6:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

I’m laughing because Ahern actually claims rural counties need more CCWs than urban! What rural CA city or country has a violent crime rate anything near Oakland’s?

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local...232198382.html

According to this 2 year old article Fresno SO had issued 15,000 CCWs and Fresno PD had issued 2,400. That’s a total of 17,400 for a population of 1M. Compare that to Alameda Co where Ahern’s issued only ~300 for a population of 1.7M — a lot larger population with a TON more violent crime yet only 1/58th of the CCWs.

You can’t get much worse than Ahern. Don’t reward this behavior with 4 more years.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-02-2022 at 8:04 AM..
Old 07-10-2021, 3:57 PM

Well, I'm a small business owner and carry large sum of cash every single day.

I applied Alameda County CCW on April. All docs seems good and goes smoothly. During wait for respon, I email them and state scary thing happened on my home way(somebody's car follow me for a long route.) at late night on May 4th.
After that email 2 weeks later, they put me to a interview on first weekday of July(couple days ago).

For the interview, just some normal questions and I had a good interview with a kindly officer(not Sheriff Ahern), and not been in any trouble in Dublin. Also told him that on June 24th my store stolen from broke in back door(which has a PD case#).

After the interview, I asked that officer how long would have the result. Answer was not clear and told me couple months(but he means after my apply date April). So it's 9 weeks from apply day to interview day.

I'll post here if any update.

EG
Old 07-17-2021, 4:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

More Asians suffering strong arm robbery on Sheriff Ahern’s watch.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elderly-a...000310594.html

Oakland bursting at the seams with violence, even UK press reporting on it!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...udget-cut.html

When will Sheriff Ahern let the law-abiding at least defend themselves?
Old 07-21-2021, 6:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Looks like Ahern is running for re-election. This will be his first campaign. How? Just look into the sleazy game played by he and Plummer to get him into office and you’ll know all you need to about his and Plummer’s character.

Time for a new, younger sheriff who rose through the ranks when nationwide CCWing was common. There’s no reason for us to support Ahern when he won’t readily issue CCWs by liberalizing acceptable Good Cause.

Quote:
The race so far includes JoAnn Walker, a 25-year San Francisco police officer who lives in Hayward and announced her candidacy in January. Alameda County Sheriff’s division Commander Yesenia Sanchez has filed paperwork to run and created a campaign website.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/...ection-in-2022

Walker’s campaign has a FB page: https://m.facebook.com/JWalker4Sheriff/
Here’s her campaign website: https://www.walker4sheriff.com/

I couldn’t find a FB page or website for Sanchez.

Last edited by Paladin; 07-22-2021 at 3:42 PM..
Old 07-29-2021, 7:46 PM

Alameda County is beyond saving. The seat of power is in Oakland, no sheriff candidate dare to offend that power base. DA O'Malley and AG Bonta are both from that swamp, that's all we need to know.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:35 AM

Recently went back to qualify.
A few key items:
- as of Oct 21, ~310 active CCW holders
- the order was reversed, starting from the closest to 25 yards out. This was fantastic, as you can see the impact with your first 30 out of 50 shots.
- changes of targets and scoring is planned for 2022
- didn’t have an opportunity to shoot much during the pandemic, and took a personalized training via GunKraft the day before. Unequivocally recommend you reach out directly not only for qualification prep, but also targeted lessons if you need.
Earned > 90% attributed in part to the targeted training for 1.5 hours.
Contact information is accessible via https://www.gunkraft.com/
Robin@

Please reach out directly if you need guidance. Happy to share my own experience(s). Also, for those in alameda county please do add more if appropriate

Last edited by weekend_fun; 10-12-2021 at 4:27 PM..
Old 10-17-2021, 9:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

In case some of you would rather wait for the courts than fight at the local level you may be waiting for years more… see https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...6#post26268406
Old 11-05-2021, 5:22 PM

[QUOTE=weekend_fun;26176013]Recently went back to qualify.
A few key items:
- the order was reversed, starting from the closest to 25 yards out. This was fantastic, as you can see the impact with your first 30 out of 50 shots.
QUOTE]

...This I think is a really good change in the qualification course of fire...for the reason you said, that it allows you to see your impacts and hone in your groups as youmove away from the target...exactly the way you would do while training...
Old 11-10-2021, 6:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You Alameda Co people need to attend you county NRA Members Council, contact the CRPA, GOC/GOA, etc to ensure a pro CCW candidate is elected sheriff on June 7th.
Old 11-10-2021, 7:50 PM

The current Commander of the Santa Rita Jail is running for sheriff against her boss Ahern
https://www.sanchez4sheriff.com/

I saw some Patch propaganda piece supporting her to bring "progressive" policing to the sheriff's office. Maybe that means releasing all the creeps from jail.
Old 11-11-2021, 8:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Does the sheriff host livestreamed virtual town halls (Facebook, Instagram)? If so, any news re CCWs?

You activists need to prepare a well written question to ask the sheriff what will they do if SCOTUS says in the NYSRPA case that SD = GC? Will they quickly change to accept that? If yes, are they preparing now for a massive flood of applicants starting this spring or summer?
Old 11-21-2021, 3:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

There have been several cases of rideshare drivers and many cases of food delivery drivers using CCWs to save their lives. If you do that work and live in a Light Red or Yellow county you may want to print out news articles about such attacks (ones with and without CCWing drivers), to prove elevated GC.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/philadelp...162744266.html
Old 12-01-2021, 1:15 PM

Hey Paladin

How critical is a driving record during the approval process in alameda county
If one has a speeding ticket or accident on their record does this get heavily considered?

I likely have a couple points but tempted to try. If one gets denied in alameda county what is the turnaround time to reapply?
Old 12-01-2021, 4:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetscience View Post
Hey Paladin

How critical is a driving record during the approval process in alameda county
If one has a speeding ticket or accident on their record does this get heavily considered?

I likely have a couple points but tempted to try. If one gets denied in alameda county what is the turnaround time to reapply?
Not Alameda specific but in general it is very fact specific: what it was, how long ago and have you been a good boy since then. Naturally things indicating a propensity for impulsivity and irresponsibility hurt you.

IIRC there’s no law re waiting to reapply but ask their policy during the interview. Again it probably depends on your specific facts. If you’re on the edge of approval probably a year.
Old 12-05-2021, 9:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor

I live in Alameda county, and have lived here my whole life and have a record as a clean as a whistle, not even a speeding ticket, my mother has a business in Modesto (Stanislaus county). I often help her on weekends with the business and she handle large quantities of cash, am I able to get a CCW in either Stanislaus county or Alameda county given these reasons?
Old 12-06-2021, 12:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveradoColt21 View Post
I live in Alameda county, and have lived here my whole life and have a record as a clean as a whistle, not even a speeding ticket, my mother has a business in Modesto (Stanislaus county). I often help her on weekends with the business and she handle large quantities of cash, am I able to get a CCW in either Stanislaus county or Alameda county given these reasons?
If you apply in Stan they can only issue you a 90-day Business CCW.

Depending upon the specifics you may have a solid chance with Alameda Co. Or just wait until summer when SCOTUS may force things to improve nationwide.

ETA: if you help her informally and infrequently you’ll probably get denied.

If you are her employee and occasionally help her with cash you may get issued (if she got CCW for that reason).

If you’re her employee and always deal with the cash (she doesn’t need CCW), you have solid chance.

If you are joint owner and always deal with cash, better still.

Last edited by Paladin; 12-06-2021 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-06-2021, 12:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor

Default CCW

Quote:
If you apply in Stan they can only issue you a 90-day Business CCW.

Depending upon the specifics you may have a solid chance with Alameda Co. Or just wait until summer when SCOTUS may force things to improve nationwide.
is there a rule that says if I apply now and get denied that I have to wait a certain time to reapply?
Old 12-06-2021, 12:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveradoColt21 View Post
is there a rule that says if I apply now and get denied that I have to wait a certain time to reapply?
See post 674 above.

See my edit additions to my reply to you above
Old 12-20-2021, 9:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

LA Sheriff Villanueva regularly does virtual town halls on FB/Instagram. Does anyone know if Ahern does them? If so it would be a good chance to ask him “Why should we vote for you when you won’t let us defend ourselves & our families in public by readily issuing CCWs?”
Old 01-09-2022, 12:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Exclamation Come on guys, I can’t do EVERYTHING!!!

You Alameda Co people need to monitor your sheriffs race. It’s only 6 months away (June 7th). I just happened to decide to search for news stories about candidate Walker and came across this article saying there’s a virtual debate for the candidates Jan 9th at 1:30 pm — that’s in 20 minutes!!!!!!

If any of you get this in time to virtually attend the debate be sure to ask their positions on CCWs. (No, I don’t live in Ala Co.)
Quote:
Community group to host forum with Alameda County Sheriff candidates
Virtual event with Ahern, Sanchez, Walker set for Jan. 9

by Cierra Bailey / Pleasanton Weekly

Uploaded: Wed, Dec 29, 2021, 7:13 pm

The three candidates in the running to become Alameda County's next sheriff are set to debate key issues in a virtual forum hosted by community group Livermore Indivisible.

Among the contenders is incumbent Gregory Ahern, who has held his seat at the helm of the Alameda County Sheriff's Office (ACSO) since 2007. His challengers are ACSO Division Commander Yesenia Sanchez and veteran San Francisco Police Department Officer JoAnn Walker.

The forum is set for Jan. 9 at 1:30 p.m. and is co-sponsored by Livermore Vine, Pleasanton Weekly, The Independent and Indivisible East Bay.

<snip>

Livermore Indivisible is accepting email submitted questions for the candidates through Jan. 5. Questions can be sent to info@livermoreindivisible.org. Registration to attend the forum can be found here.
https://www.pleasantonweekly.com/new...iff-candidates

ETA: be sure to monitor those 4 sponsoring news sites for follow up articles about the debate to see if anything was said about CCWs. Please post what you find out.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-09-2022 at 12:44 PM..