Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-01-2021, 9:48 PM

I was going to apply this morning, but I re-read the directions, and it says no single-shot exemptions. A majority of my pistols are SSE. Now of course I can't find a Shield 9mm like two I already have. Anyone know why the SO isn't allowing SSEs on permits?
Old 04-04-2021, 12:02 PM

Just curious - does anybody know how many CCW holders we have in SoCo now?
Old 04-07-2021, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P220forever View Post
Just curious - does anybody know how many CCW holders we have in SoCo now?
Probably a decent amount. In 2019 when I was issued my permit I believe I was told roughly 148 active permits we on the record. With a couple hundred applications being processed at that time.
Old 04-10-2021, 7:40 AM

SoCo states ‘no modifications’ for your CCW. Does anyone know if this this applies to the firearm only, or the magazine(s) too? For example, would a Pearce magazine extension for a G26 be considered a mod to the firearm?

I am thinking that since the Pearce is not a part of the factory package, it would not be permitted, but thought to ask here to see if others have gotten approval to use the Pearce or any other kind of mag extension. I am not asking about increasing capacity beyond 10 rds, just for a grip extension.
Old 04-10-2021, 9:44 AM
:)
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnovin View Post
SoCo states ‘no modifications’ for your CCW. Does anyone know if this this applies to the firearm only, or the magazine(s) too? For example, would a Pearce magazine extension for a G26 be considered a mod to the firearm?

I am thinking that since the Pearce is not a part of the factory package, it would not be permitted, but thought to ask here to see if others have gotten approval to use the Pearce or any other kind of mag extension. I am not asking about increasing capacity beyond 10 rds, just for a grip extension.
My opinion is the magazine is not part of the firearm. It’s a separate thing. As far as modifications to the actual firearm, the only thing they allow is an upgrade to night sights. I got the info on the sights directly from the SCSO.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:56 AM

I can see that logic too. You can buy a stock ‘firearm’ without magazines. Mine came with night sights, so good to know they approve that. It was an OEM option anyhow.

I have both types of mags, OEM and with Pearce extensions, so I can qual with either although I prefer the extensions.
Old 04-19-2021, 7:52 PM

Does anyone know when in the process the serial number registration is checked against the CADOJ database?

I recently got my livescan approval and just need to do the training and letters of rec. However, I haven't received a confirmation letter from the CADOJ for my new resident form application (they did cash my check in early March). I'm just wondering if this is going to hold me up.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2021, 8:04 PM

I got contacted after they received my livescan back, and I provided my training cert and letters. I think they ran the weapons prior to sending the whole application to the LT for final sign off. As long as the guns on your application are registered in your name, you should be good. I ordered my record from CADOJ and it took 10 months to get it back, but the SO didn't ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sBlind View Post
Does anyone know when in the process the serial number registration is checked against the CADOJ database?

I recently got my livescan approval and just need to do the training and letters of rec. However, I haven't received a confirmation letter from the CADOJ for my new resident form application (they did cash my check in early March). I'm just wondering if this is going to hold me up.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2021, 3:51 PM

Finally picked up my permit today, almost one year since I applied. I have to give a tremendous amount of respect to Alicia for the job she's tasked with doing to get people through this process. I was not aware of the amount of time spend on CCW applications until I saw what was in my file. Everyone make sure and give her big appreciation if/when you interact with her!

Last edited by ACO516; 04-24-2021 at 11:54 AM..
Old 04-22-2021, 3:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Does anyone have the caliber requirements for a CCW gun. I have searched the sheriffs web site but could not fine anything.
Old 04-22-2021, 6:05 PM

DGC357 made the following post in Nov 2019. I’ve not seen any updates to this since then. If others have more info, please share.

“ I just want to make sure everyone knows that there are restrictions to what can be added to your permit and carried. This is new information to me.

You can only add handguns chambered in .38, .357, 9mm, .40 and .45 to the permit. No competition weapons or modified weapons of any kind can on the permit. For now, the weapons listed on your permit need to be just as they were when they left the factory. Any modification voids the permit.

This is per SCSO CCW Policy 207.6.1 (c) with further clarification made directly with the SCSO.”
Old 04-22-2021, 6:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Still not able to find any caliber restrictions. That section is gun modification.

The alteration of any previously approved firearm including, but not limited to adjusting the trigger pull, adding laser sights or modifications shall void any license and serve as grounds for revocation.
Old 04-22-2021, 6:36 PM

‘with further clarification made directly with the SCSO.”

My understanding was that DGC357 had checked with the SCSO. I could be wrong about that. If that short list of calibers does not include what you want to carry, perhaps checking with them would clarify as they have not publicly posted specific calibers.
Old 04-22-2021, 9:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I guess I will just have to ask the source, Alicia.
Old 04-23-2021, 8:02 AM

My CCW trainer said that no 10mm for Sonoma County
Old 04-23-2021, 8:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I thinking going small as in .32 PPK.
Old 04-23-2021, 1:20 PM

From what I have heard from sources is that nothing other then 38,357,9mm, 40 and 45. I haven’t heard anything about 10mm but I haven’t asked.

I did hear in the last couple of months that they are allowing 380 but nothing smaller.
Old 04-24-2021, 7:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

They allow .380 for their officers personal carry. It is just a less powerful 9mm.