Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-21-2021, 6:17 PM
Enemy of Antivaxxers
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedShots View Post
Who is we? A lot of gun owners use the term and some of them when in the public arena. Maybe the we is your circle of friends or acquaintances only?

It doesn't hurt. And you know this for a fact right because every gun law in Ca approved by the voters was so because words and perceptions didn't matter?

I say that using the term is at least harmful because it creates a bad perception, can be heard or read in public forums of all types and you argue that lets just keep doing what we've been doing because we are winning so often, is that right?
No, i argue claims that saying “evil features”, which was the example you chose, is causing any harm. Nobody is discussing features at starbucks or anywhere outside the hobby.

Now youre desperately trying to stretch that to cover “every gun law”, lets go there. Tell me what negative term we used that caused us to have a ten day wait.

Then safe handling.

Next, tell me what term did we use for C and R so that we can no longer do ftf transactions.

Then, what term triggered the mandate that we undergo a background check to buy ammo.

Its a tsunami of regulations designed to boil the frog and erase the right. Its got nothing to do with air quotes or the mention of evil features. Again, nobody knew what a “feature” was until they were banned, so Elvis had already left the building.

I don’t disagree that we should always put on the best face in public, i do not disagree with that premise.

I do disagree that you seeing air quotes in a gun store is in any way responsible for or leading to more regulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... Iím definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX