Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 12-18-2022, 8:24 AM
Veteran Member

Started out with the Air Force M261 conversion and mag inserts with an Olympic Arms Stainless Ultra Match (SUM) upper, 1:10 twist and Stagg lower. Worked very well with heavy subsonic bullets from PMC (no longer available.) Lighter bullets were not as accurate.

Picked up a CZ V22 dedicated upper. Side charger, no place to mount a front sight. Proprietary mags. No place to mount a front sight, but functioned well and fairly accurate with the right ammo. I forgot what it liked to shoot.

My last build was a CMMG dedicated upper. I like this build the best. Tried a variety of magazines until I settled on the S&W 15-22 mags. LRBHO feature works with these mags. I don't remember which ammo it liked.

In between the builds I picked up the Umarex Colt M4 .22 rimfire carbine. Looks like a real Colt, especially with the rollmarks, but it is not an AR. Fun plinker. Kids like it. Don't really care for it.

I still have everything. Probably time to get rid of everything except the CMMG. That's the only one I would keep.
Old 02-17-2023, 8:16 AM

I decided to roll my own. The lower is done and has a binary trigger. Bought most of the parts from right to bear arms. 16 barrel with triangle hand gaurds. I found an A1 upper just ordered. Now waiting for my parts and time to assemble. Man the parts add up quickly but I will have what I want.
Old 02-20-2023, 8:01 PM

@jason925, you gone the right direction.
Old 02-20-2023, 8:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I bought a complete M&P15-22 for less than I could build an upper and a lower for with 22 conversion parts.
M&P mags are better than any of the various AR-15 22 caliber conversion mags.

I have a 22LR built on a regular AR receiver set too, but when I go to the range, the M&P is the one that always goes with me.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Barrel, sight and trigger work on most pistols and shotguns.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and saturday appointments available.
Old 02-25-2023, 8:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
I bought a complete M&P15-22 for less than I could build an upper and a lower for with 22 conversion parts.
M&P mags are better than any of the various AR-15 22 caliber conversion mags.

I have a 22LR built on a regular AR receiver set too, but when I go to the range, the M&P is the one that always goes with me.
I'm of the same mind. M&P 15-22s work great, their mags are the best they're relatively inexpensive and my grandkid's love them for the weight. I do have an AR22 also I'm working on just for a retro style .22lr. Like many I started with an Atchison military .22 conversion back in the late 70's and still have it.

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"