Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: As a Christian, do you believe in the Rapture?
YES I believe in a Rapture (either Pre, mid or post trib) 5 8.47%
NO I do not believe in a rapture, but I believe in the 2nd coming 11 18.64%
YES I believe in a rapture AND the 2nd coming. 32 54.24%
I’m not sure if I believe in a rapture or not. 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2022, 6:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletboy View Post
No... this is the Post-trib view. That the rapture and second coming are essentially two simultaneous events. There is a lot of biblical evidence for this view. But there is also biblical evidence for the other 2 main views as well. It's not decided theology among the church.

Have a read: https://www.biblebb.com/files/eschatology.htm
Then where and when does the wedding feast of Christ and is bride occur in the “up and immediately back” scenario? And where does scripture say the church must suffer seven years of God’s wrath along with the sinners on earth?
Old 12-15-2022, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
Then where and when does the wedding feast of Christ and is bride occur in the “up and immediately back” scenario? And where does scripture say the church must suffer seven years of God’s wrath along with the sinners on earth?
It's not a simple answer to your question, and one that I'm not going to engage in fully because I'm not interested in really arguing about it online. I listed a link that has the biblical support for each POV. Feel free to research it at your leisure.

I'm not interesting in having a "No I'm right - you're wrong" discussion online with other Christians. That doesn't really accomplish anything and you have to come to your own understanding and belief. I'm not trying to force mine on anyone.

All that to say, as a graduate from a bible college, one who spent time in seminary (about a year) and has worked in ministry for 15 years, I'm telling you that the 3 differing main views is the accepted sort of "window" of what the church believes regarding the rapture and second coming.

I said in another comment that I used to hold a Pre-trib view but after a lot of research, study and listening to many others I now hold a Post-trib view.

Old 12-16-2022, 7:44 AM
Veteran Member

No one knows the day or hour of His return, as Jesus detailed in Matthew 24:36-44.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

In light of these words of Christ, consider the timeline below. When Israel signs the covenent with the antichrist and if we are still here, then we would KNOW that Christ will return in 7 years. If we are on earth we would know exactly when He returns. That would be contrary to scripture. So the rapture at the end of the 7 years does not work with the statement by Christ. Neither does a mid-trib rapture. For we would know that He returns in 3.5 years.

The only scenario that is not in opposition to scripture is a pretribulation rapture of the church.

Matthew 25 - The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

“And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

“Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
Old 02-20-2023, 8:35 PM

Read 1 Thes.5. The Lord does not come at any moment to us, unless your a child of darkness. We need to rightly divide the word. 1Thes 2.15 to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. We need to pay attention to the intended audience is for the scriptures you quote. The book of Matthew presents Jesus as Jehovah’s King. It was addressed to the Israelites not the church or the gentiles. Remember in Matth 15.22 “And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.” She calls Him “Son of David “ recognized Him as the King. The next verse we see “But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.” Why did He blow her off? The answer is in the next verse “But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” If you noticed the list of ancestors is different in Matthew than Luke. It shows He is the King. When we study the gospel with the Spirit, we will see Matthew showing Jesus as king, Mark shows Him as Jehovah’s Servant, Luke as Jehovah’s Man and John as Jehovah Himself. By rightly dividing the word we will be able to tell the differences between the church, the kingdom, the bride and the body. I don’t think most Christians are trying to deliberately deceive, they are just teaching what they were taught by some other well intentioned person perpetuating incorrect information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2023, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugiak View Post
Read 1 Thes.5. The Lord does not come at any moment to us, unless your a child of darkness. We need to rightly divide the word. 1Thes 2.15 to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. We need to pay attention to the intended audience is for the scriptures you quote. The book of Matthew presents Jesus as Jehovah’s King. It was addressed to the Israelites not the church or the gentiles. Remember in Matth 15.22 “And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.” She calls Him “Son of David “ recognized Him as the King. The next verse we see “But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.” Why did He blow her off? The answer is in the next verse “But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” If you noticed the list of ancestors is different in Matthew than Luke. It shows He is the King. When we study the gospel with the Spirit, we will see Matthew showing Jesus as king, Mark shows Him as Jehovah’s Servant, Luke as Jehovah’s Man and John as Jehovah Himself. By rightly dividing the word we will be able to tell the differences between the church, the kingdom, the bride and the body. I don’t think most Christians are trying to deliberately deceive, they are just teaching what they were taught by some other well intentioned person perpetuating incorrect information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the problem though... that phrase is so loaded, "rightly dividing the word".

I went to bible college and seminary. I've been personally and academically studying the bible most of my adult life. I know other Christians who went to the same seminary, go to the same church, etc, and they came to different conclusions. There are some issues in scripture where there is legitimate difference of opinion on.

Ever heard of the phrase, "be a Berean"?

It references Acts 17 when Paul went to Thessalonica and came cross the Berean Jews... instead of just taking wholesale what Paul said to them it says in Acts that they, "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so..." (Acts 17:11)

Hence the phrase "be a Berean". Go make a diligent search of scripture to see if it is true. Too many people believe what they believe not because of a personal diligent search, but like you said they were taught that - or someone like John McArthur said so or they simply don't have the personal education or understanding to make their own search to see if what is said is true.

Old 02-22-2023, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

I have been reading and researching the Bible KJV and NKJV for 65 plus years since 10 plus years, and regardless of the latest joe cool, joe is the best teacher etc, I have done my research with several research tools for about 55 years of the 65 plus years. Maps of the " Great Sea " region, maps of the Mid East area and Bible dictionaries and certain books by who I consider to be trustworthy authors. Ever been listening to someone speaking/preaching about OR around the scriptures and from down in your chest " TILT " come up into your head ? Every now and then I have experienced that. Put much volumes of the bible into your reading, meditate on your reading and sometimes just LISTEN quietly after your reading. Uh ya know, HE will speak into your heart from time to time, sometimes its a scripture, other times its a direction for this or that answer you need or desire. HE will give you insight concerning The Rapture. Bless all of the Bros responding to this thread.

Psalm 1
Old 03-06-2023, 3:43 AM

I Believe and Know this...

ALL will be revealed in His time to those that Believe.

Last edited by Scooooter7; 03-06-2023 at 3:44 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 03-06-2023, 10:50 AM

From the stories of Jerico to Sodom and Gomorrah, God removed the righteous and the repetends from harm before He destroyed the cities so yes, I believe in the Rapture.