Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 09-21-2022, 6:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

And here we go!

A judge on Tuesday rejected Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith’s late-stage attempt to quash her corruption trial by invoking a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling on concealed-gun permits — paving the path for the trial to get underway.

Quote:
SAN JOSE, CA – AUGUST 17: Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith speaks during a news conference at the sheriff’s office in San Jose, Calif., on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021. (Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group)
On the eve of Smith’s civil trial — which begins with jury selection Wednesday — San Mateo County Superior Court Judge Nancy Fineman denied a request from Smith’s attorney to dismiss six of the seven accusations filed by a Santa Clara County civil grand jury last December.

Allen Ruby, Smith’s attorney, had argued in filings and in court Tuesday that Smith cannot be prosecuted for favoritism in the awarding of concealed-carry weapons licenses because the Supreme Court’s landmark Bruen decision in June struck down the legal framework under which those licenses were granted.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/09/...rt-gun-ruling/

https://apnews.com/article/elections...cf4392ffe9646e
Old 10-17-2022, 4:11 PM

Hello CalGunners

Remember to vote for Kevin Jensen for SCC Sheriff. Ballots are being sent out and he's our only viable candidate. The other candidate proclaimed in recent past that he was the only Democrat in the running as well as stated he would potentially add a new requirement for CCW issuance as well is supported by a group who contributed to Laurie Smith.

Kevin's opponent is also endorsed by https://gunsensevoter.org/gun-sense-voting-candidates/ which is an extension of Mike Bloomberg's Everytown Anti-Gun organization.

Remember for Santa Clara County - KEVIN JENSEN (capped to not be confused with his competitor with a very similar last name), is the only candidate to support.

https://www.kevinjensen4sheriff.com
Let's cross our fingers on this one and spread the word.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofWWIIDI View Post

i came to this forum with like minded individuals, we all share a common interest here, and plenty of the folks here have spend countless hours researching every angle to this election cycle. i would trust that asking for what amounts to a guide of the top 2A friendly candidates that we should be looking at would be a legit and helpful request for anyone, not just me. so im not entirely sure what you would be facepalming me on. That being said I would suggest you go right ahead and do what the gif in your signature implies.

Best of luck to Jenson today.
Old 11-08-2022, 9:36 PM

Not looking good for our boy Jenson....88% of results in (according to Mercury News) and trailing by ~8k votes.

In other (predictable) news, every state wide seat went Dem by a huge margin. Only positive news I see is Cindy Chavez looks like she may be defeated in the San Jose mayor race. I keep filling in my ballot and spreading the word, but story never seems to change......