Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2021, 6:08 PM

Default Turners wait time on backorders

Hello,

Just placed an order from Turners in Reseda, there is no definitive date on when the gun will arrive, is this the norm as of late? Haven’t bought a new gun in a while.
Old 08-12-2021, 6:22 PM
Calguns Addict

What gun did you order?

iTrader
Old 08-12-2021, 6:46 PM

I've placed deposits on firearms at Turner's many times you'll probably get a call in a few weeks to come down and start dros. I've always got what I ordered it just took some time
Old 08-12-2021, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
What gun did you order?
I ordered a Glock 20 SF
Old 08-13-2021, 11:48 AM

Oddly enough - was told one customer was waiting 1 year for a Glock 20, another store said that they couldn’t see it taking a year for a Glock. Both stores are Turners.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaron63 View Post
Hello,

Just placed an order from Turners in Reseda, there is no definitive date on when the gun will arrive, is this the norm as of late? Haven’t bought a new gun in a while.
Depends on the gun. Turner's wants to get the gun into your hands as soon as possible. Once they get the shipment of guns at the main Turner's warehouse, the guns are logged and then shipped out to stores to complete orders. From warehouse to store is likely just a matter of a few work days, tops. They dont spend days fondling the guns in their warehouse or the backroom of their stores.

If you ordered a gun that is in high demand, Turner's is in line for order fullment just like other gun stores across the US. Turner's buys a lot of guns, so they may get a quotient of good customer line positioning, so maybe it will arrive a bit faster than at a store that does not order in relatively big quantities like Turner's.

Did Turner's give you a serial number? If so, they likely already have the gun in their warehouse and then the wait won't be long.

The wait is always tough...even just the ten days for in the gun case purchases. Patience is a virtue these days.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Depends on the gun. Turner's wants to get the gun into your hands as soon as possible. Once they get the shipment of guns at the main Turner's warehouse, the guns are logged and then shipped out to stores to complete orders. From warehouse to store is likely just a matter of a few work days, tops. They dont spend days fondling the guns in their warehouse or the backroom of their stores.

If you ordered a gun that is in high demand, Turner's is in line for order fullment just like other gun stores across the US. Turner's buys a lot of guns, so they may get a quotient of good customer line positioning, so maybe it will arrive a bit faster than at a store that does not order in relatively big quantities like Turner's.

Did Turner's give you a serial number? If so, they likely already have the gun in their warehouse and then the wait won't be long.

The wait is always tough...even just the ten days for in the gun case purchases. Patience is a virtue these days.
Thanks for your reply, there was no serial number listed on the receipt. So it's just a matter of patience from what I'm seeing. On the upside, more CA residents exercising their 2nd amendment rights.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My experience is that it is somewhat of a crxpshoot. Sometimes things arrive quickly. Sometimes they do not.
Old 08-15-2021, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, there was no serial number listed on the receipt. So it's just a matter of patience from what I'm seeing. On the upside, more CA residents exercising their 2nd amendment rights.
Since there is no serial number yet, the gun likely has not been shipped from the manufacturer. Turner's will call you to complete the paperwork once they have the SN and gun. The wait is always tough. Turners will no doubt get it to you as soon as they can...I have had very good luck with Turner's, specifically their San Bernardino CA store and the main warehouse.
Old 08-15-2021, 1:23 PM

Turners stores all do a wait list with a deposit I wanted to get a G26 and they had 9 people ahead of me so I decided to look elsewhere and found one a day later.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:24 AM

It varies i've waited up to 6 month's for my Ruger GP100 in stainless steel. Now waiting for my Springfield Scout Squad Walnut stock 308WIN. Was told a hefty wait time. Hopefully I get it before this years end.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:25 PM

I was lucky as I bought both my Ruger and Scout Squad just before things went south. They were both in stock when I went to my LGS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2021, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Good luck with them. Good luck.
Old 08-24-2021, 5:00 PM

Yes good luck with those people. Buy from a LGS that cares. Communication by them from my experience has been poor at best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2021, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotoring View Post
Yes good luck with those people. Buy from a LGS that cares. Communication by them from my experience has been poor at best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Already cancelled and got money back, found one at LGS that just happened to have one in back! Each time I called Turners, they were willing to help as much as possible, I guess supply of the larger caliber Glocks are taking a back seat in production to the G17 and 19.
Old 08-24-2021, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Since there is no serial number yet, the gun likely has not been shipped from the manufacturer. Turner's will call you to complete the paperwork once they have the SN and gun. The wait is always tough. Turners will no doubt get it to you as soon as they can...I have had very good luck with Turner's, specifically their San Bernardino CA store and the main warehouse.
Absolutely correct! Large shops like Turners are at the mercy of the manufacturer or a distributor to fill large quantity orders. A smaller LGS can order ones and twos at a time to fill their orders.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:42 AM

ill be lucky to get my M1A Scout Squad by December in the walnut stock configuration. I guess I have to be patient.
Old 09-19-2021, 5:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Hello,

Took me nine days to get my 1911 in from the day I ordered it.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:52 AM

I have purchased several guns from Turners in Reseda. I love the staff but you can wait quite some time. I just purchased a gun they nationally advertised in their Black Friday ad to find out they do not have it in stock and have no idea when it will be. If it's in their warehouse they get deliveries Tues and Fri I believe if not...
Old 12-18-2021, 5:19 PM

Fast forward to now finally got my Scout Squad in October of 2021. Took 3 months to get. Not bad timing being the gun was backordered and had 10 people in line ahead of me.