Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 04-09-2021, 4:38 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
I'd love to quit for a better payed job. Unfortunately nobody will pay me what I make there.
If no one else will pay you comparably, you're either over-valued or no other business provides same service/product.

In a situation like that - people need to make the decision if they value money more than quantity of life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 04-09-2021, 7:32 AM

Hold the line. Do NOT capitulate. The injection is permanent. You're the one that would have to suffer the long term effects if there is any. Is your company going to take care of you if anything happens related to the shot, I highly doubt it.
Old 04-09-2021, 7:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scota4570 View Post
I'll stand by my original advice. Arguing with idiots and bullies never turns out well. It would have been better to shut up and forge a card. Then use the time to find a better job.

Since that ship has sailed make them fire you. At least you get unemployment. But now getting a new job is going to be more difficult because they will bad mouth you when your employment history is checked.

You might think twice about forging the Vaccine Card. Each one needs the Vaccine sticker label from health administrator that shows Vaccine type, lot number and date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2021, 8:08 AM
CGN Contributor

Hypothetically, if I were to get vaccinated to keep my job, would I have any recourse if I develop health problems due the vaccine?
Old 04-09-2021, 8:11 AM

Just tell them if everyone else is vaccinated except you then it’s not a worry anymore then right?

Even fully vaccinated can still be carriers from what Dr. Doublemask Fauci said so transferring to customers can still happen so what’s the point.

There will be lawsuits over this guaranteed, I just hope the Supreme Court will rule the right way. If you truly believe in not getting it then it is basically a religious exemption in my eyes.
Old 04-09-2021, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyron View Post
You might think twice about forging the Vaccine Card. Each one needs the Vaccine sticker label from health administrator that shows Vaccine type, lot number and date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The cards I have examined are hand written on card stock. There are no patient ID numbers filled in. No stickers present. The lot # is hand written.

It would not matter, many are taking a snap shot of it with there phone and using that. They are keeping the card itself in a safe place. Others are laminating the cards.
Old 04-09-2021, 8:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM6000 View Post
Hypothetically, if I were to get vaccinated to keep my job, would I have any recourse if I develop health problems due the vaccine?
Maybe not, but you and your co-workers are clearly being coerced to take a medical treatment. That's a big problem.
Old 04-09-2021, 9:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yes employers can mandate the Covid-19 vaccines.

Yes people can legitimately claim medical or religious objections and not have to take the vaccine.

Employers have to make a good faith effort to provide alternative work, but often, perhaps usually none is available and the person would be legally terminated.

Accommodation is essentially putting the person in a job position where they are isolated and will not interact with others; certainly from patients, customers, etc. If a company has positions like this where they can put people, these positions may be at lower salaries. Many employers will have no such positions to offer their employees who are unable to take the vaccine.

"Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)
Old 04-09-2021, 9:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
Yes employers can mandate the Covid-19 vaccines.

Yes people can legitimately claim medical or religious objections and not have to take the vaccine.

Employers have to make a good faith effort to provide alternative work, but often, perhaps usually none is available and the person would be legally terminated.

Accommodation is essentially putting the person in a job position where they are isolated and will not interact with others; certainly from patients, customers, etc. If a company has positions like this where they can put people, these positions may be at lower salaries. Many employers will have no such positions to offer their employees who are unable to take the vaccine.
Wrong, can't mandate this experimental treatment. If this was true, military personal would have been forced.
Old 04-09-2021, 3:25 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUTTER View Post
Wrong, can't mandate this experimental treatment. If this was true, military personal would have been forced.
and there is at least one pending suit over the "forced" vax. (I know you are aware)...

The whole topic is f-ing ludicrous and it's unbelievable that its even a thing.
Quote:
Quote:
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 04-09-2021, 3:56 PM

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/23/...-under-an-eua/

Federal law prohibits employers and others from requiring vaccination with a Covid-19 vaccine distributed under an EUA
Old 04-09-2021, 4:09 PM
Made in the USA

Navigate deceit.

We've seen numerous examples of manipulation over the past 12+ months... freewill and decisions... navigate the deceit and make your decisions.

Whatever your decision- own up to it in the end. Don't point blame after. Take responsibility for your decisions.

We'll see how this all shakes out.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 04-09-2021, 4:54 PM
CGN Contributor

I sent an email asking if my continued employment is conditional upon me being vaccinated. I did not receive a firm answer on the policy being implemented. The boss told me yesterday that she'd have a policy next week if we didn't vaccinate. She's expecting an answer by the end of the week (today.) We'll see.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:06 AM

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtoo...ccination.aspx

"If a vaccination requirement screens out a worker with a disability, however, the employer must show that unvaccinated employees would pose a "direct threat" due to a "significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of the individual or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation."

The EEOC said employers should evaluate four factors to determine whether a direct threat exists:

The duration of the risk.
The nature and severity of the potential harm.
The likelihood that the potential harm will occur.
The imminence of the potential harm. "

Since others choose to get vaccinated a non-vaccinated individual poses no threat to them. Therefore, being non vaccinated fails the EEOC criteria. If you are in a union they may be of some help.

Last edited by Scota4570; 04-10-2021 at 10:08 AM..
Old 04-10-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
I know people that got the shot and are fine (and are still gun-owning patriots to boot) so I'd say get the shot and save the fighting for something that isn't a petty issue.
I wouldn't consider injectng an untested substance into one's body a "petty issue". If that's your stance, I imagine you'd roll right over for 2A confiscation since it's a petty issue to some. What about "My body' my choice"? Works for the pro-abortion devils.

"Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers
Old 04-10-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I brought up EUA and it fell on deaf ears. I speculated the boss' mind was made up before the our meeting. I knew that a policy and an ultimatum was going to happen. The ultimatum wasn't explicit, but we all knew what it was.

I was blunt in our meeting. She said she wanted to know what my concerns were and we'd discuss it. I told her my input would not have any effect on her decision or the policy.
Quote:
From what I've read, the EEOC states that employers can mandate vaccinations as a condition of employment. It has to do with workplace safety. SCOTUS ruled on the issue a few years ago. There are two exceptions: sincere religious belief and medical issues. It doesn't look like the unapproved vaccine having a EUA is a barrier.
That's all pre-COVID, and while I haven't read this specific data, I'd speculate it was for fully FDA approved vaccinations, as in not experimental ... as we all know, the COVID vax is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Find a lawyer and argue that the vaccine is not FDA approved. It is approved under "Emergency" conditions, so it has not been subjected to the same level of rigorous testing as needed for standard approval.

This is one of the reasons that they can't mandate that the military receive it yet (my son's in the Navy).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
How can they legally make it mandatory? I work in a hospital directly caring for patients in the East Bay and it's not even mandatory there.

Quote:
I sent an email asking if my continued employment is conditional upon me being vaccinated. I did not receive a firm answer on the policy being implemented. The boss told me yesterday that she'd have a policy next week if we didn't vaccinate. She's expecting an answer by the end of the week (today.) We'll see.
You might want to send an email asking her if she's sought legal opinion about her ability to enact such a policy, and the company's liability risk.

I work at a California Community College, and am a member of the task force assembled to oversee our response to COVID and planning for re-opening. Naturally, the mandatory-vax question came up and the answer was an emphatic NO! NO!! NO!!! Our Director of HR, our VP of Administration, and our Director of our Student Health Clinic (our acting medical expert, and he's pretty good, definitely no Fauci) all affirmed we will not be taking that off-ramp. It was stated that even if we wanted to mandate vaccinations, we couldn't because ... wait for it ... it's EXPERIMENTAL! That said, we're a state operation so I don't know what limitations/freedoms exist for private-industry. There is a local restaurant that's rehiring and is offering a bonus for employees that can present a valid vax-card, but I don't know if they can legally ask if an applicant has had the COVID-vax.

I suspect your boss/supe/manager/owner/whatever is trying to enact policy based solely on what she wants. Sounds like she's either unaware or willing to ignore what could be some serious legal limitations and implications
Old 04-10-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
We have three employees that have not vaccinated and the boss is trying to convince us to. If we do not, a policy will be issued next week (what about future employees?) One agreed to get it and another told me she will be looking for a new job. I am still contemplating. I have been with the company for over 20 years and I don't want to burn any bridges (I need a good reference.) I have a dilemma, do I stick with my beliefs and suffer the consequences or capitulate? I know it seems like a petty issue over a shot, but this issue doesn't sit well with me.

I refused the shot and notified my company that I will not comply. They are not pushing the issue.
My grounds were: Religious reasons and NoN-FDA approved unsafe vaccine .
If they fire me I will
search around and find Legal council that is representing employees in similar situations and sue the business and manager .

Last edited by fighter4cage; 04-10-2021 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-10-2021, 11:30 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter4cage View Post
I refused the shot and notified my company that I will not comply. They are not pushing the issue.
If they fire me I will
search around and find Legal council that is representing employees in similar situations and sue the business and managers .
I suspect there will be many lawsuits - if employers push this nonsense.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 04-10-2021, 11:41 AM

According to the ADA I don't have to wear a mask or get vaccinated because of my condition.
Whats your condition?
According to the ADA you cant ask me that...
Old 04-10-2021, 12:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeywee View Post
Call a lawyer that deals with discrimination or medical issues. You could sue them over HIPAA violation.
Nothing at all to do with HIPAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-10-2021, 2:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Nothing at all to do with HIPAA
Show me the law where it states or you could ask about someone’s medical history, last I checked that’s a HIPAA violation and yes I did look it up
Old 04-10-2021, 2:24 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Show me the law where it states or you could ask about someone’s medical history, last I checked that’s a HIPAA violation and yes I did look it up
I believe hippa is regarding med facility not providing info.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 04-10-2021, 2:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Wrong. You said it is a HIPAA violation to require an injection. It isn't. I do this for a living, by the way, so I didn't need to "look it up".

And it's NOT a HIPAA violation to ask about a medical condition. HIPAA is about making certain disclosures of medical information illegal. It doesn't make it illegal to ask someone a medical question.

Whatever you checked is wrong.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-10-2021, 2:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
I believe hippa is regarding med facility not providing info.
Exactly. If they called your doctor and asked about your condition, HIPAA prevents that disclosure. It doesn't make it illegal to ask about a condition.

Google isn't always your friend.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-10-2021, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter4cage View Post
If they fire me I will
search around and find Legal council that is representing employees in similar situations and sue the business and manager .
Keep documents on everything, emails, hand written notes, everything. If it is not on paper it does not exist. Take them home.

Talk to everyone you can at work about it and record their names and the date. It does not matter if they are part of it. IF you do go to court subpoena everyone as witnesses. That will shut down the business. It will give you leverage for a settlement.

Last edited by Scota4570; 04-10-2021 at 2:34 PM..
Old 04-10-2021, 2:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUTTER View Post
And last I saw over 40% of the Marines have refused to be injected.
Old 04-10-2021, 2:46 PM
Calguns Addict

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/23/...-under-an-eua/

Federal law prohibits employers and others from requiring vaccination with a Covid-19 vaccine distributed under an EUA
Old 04-10-2021, 2:50 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinwoodland View Post
And last I saw over 40% of the Marines have refused to be injected.
Last I heard many local LE and Fire have refused.

The reason the news keeps pushing "free vax" and "no appointment needed" - is because they aren't getting as many volunteers as they planned.. the manipulation isn't working anymore.

Deceit doesn't work when it gets no cooperation.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"

Last edited by LBDamned; 04-10-2021 at 2:53 PM..
Old 04-10-2021, 2:56 PM
Banned

Default I just looked it up again and I’ll post what I read

Quote———FACT: HIPAA prohibits healthcare providers from disclosing personal health information to employers without patient’s consent.

In most cases, employers are not allowed to access a patient’s medical records. This is not dependent on whether they are paying for their care or on their insurance plan.

The employer may obtain access to your medical records but only if you give your explicit, written permission. //Quote———

This is a quote from the hippa site I was reading
So basically what I said stands employer cannot ask for the information and by doing so is a violation because they’re not allowed to see your medical records unless you give them authorization just like what quoted above

So again when they mandate it a.k.a. asking for it there is your violation. They are not allowed to ask for it so buy them mandating it that is the same meeting is asking for it so yes that constitutes a HIPAA violation

Last edited by Mikeywee; 04-10-2021 at 2:59 PM..
Old 04-10-2021, 3:01 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Quote———FACT: HIPAA prohibits healthcare providers from disclosing personal health information to employers without patient’s consent.

In most cases, employers are not allowed to access a patient’s medical records. This is not dependent on whether they are paying for their care or on their insurance plan.

The employer may obtain access to your medical records but only if you give your explicit, written permission. //Quote———

So basically what I said stands employer cannot ask for the information and by doing so is a violation because they’re not allowed to see your medical records unless you give them authorization just like what quoted above
HIPPA doesn't matter in the context of thread topic... if an employer is stupid enough to require vax, there may be legal challenges- but hippa isn't one of them.

Even the quote you posted isn't relevant- employer is requiring info of and from employees, not med facility.

I'm firmly against it and would have an entirely different view of my employer (which is highly positive right now)... I hope there are so many lawsuits the courts can't handle them all and I hope employers that require it, lose their azz.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 04-10-2021, 4:14 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

I'd be curious as to her answer when you ask why she's so concerned that you get vaccinated. And let me guess... you'll still have to wear a mask right?
Old 04-10-2021, 4:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shotjoe View Post
What medical issues do you have?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I can't bend far enough to get my head up my backside. You know, like the Left does.
In fact, I think it's racist how far they are actually able to get their collective heads up in there.
Old 04-10-2021, 6:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
Last I heard many local LE and Fire have refused.

The reason the news keeps pushing "free vax" and "no appointment needed" - is because they aren't getting as many volunteers as they planned.. the manipulation isn't working anymore.

Deceit doesn't work when it gets no cooperation.
Same here. There’s even local news “investigations” trying to get to the bottom of why the cops aren’t getting the vax even when it’s available to them. The articles are written as if such a thing would be inconceivable.
Check it out I'm like a buzz bomb
Old 04-11-2021, 1:41 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Nut up or shut up.

Work requires a flu shot every year.

Get a flu shot every year.

Just get the prick and move on.
Old 04-11-2021, 6:58 AM

Sue the piss out of them. They can’t force you to take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2021, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike82 View Post
Nut up or shut up.

My work does not require a flu shot (California Community College) ... hospitals don't ... I've never heard of a place of employment requiring flu shots.
Old 04-11-2021, 9:18 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike82 View Post
Nut up or shut up.

No it doesn't.

No I won't.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 04-11-2021, 9:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:

So again when they mandate it a.k.a. asking for it there is your violation. They are not allowed to ask for it so buy them mandating it that is the same meeting is asking for it so yes that constitutes a HIPAA violation
Youre wrong. You cant get an understanding from Google. I went to law school and have handled such cases, you dont want to admit youre wrong and are googling.

It is NOT a HIPAA violation to ask for information. WRONG. NOT CORRECT, NOT “basically”, it isnt. HIPAA works the other way. Your provider cant PROVIDE the info.

The law doesnt work the way you wish it did so you could win this argument.

And requiring an injection isnt basically anything, and isnt a HIPAA violation.

Period.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-11-2021, 10:17 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by f14peter View Post
My work does not require a flu shot (California Community College) ... hospitals don't ... I've never heard of a place of employment requiring flu shots.
Do a google search for hospitals that require the flu vaccine as part of employment. It's been a thing for well over a decade.

Though the state allows you to decline, employers can mandate it.

Here's just one example of a multi-state hospital system that will fire you if you decline:

https://www.mdlinx.com/article/can-y...ights/lfc-3148
Old 04-11-2021, 10:20 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

The UC System also made it mandatory:

https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia...tive-order.pdf

The offer religious exemptions, but it sounds like it needs to be thoroughly justified. You don't get to say "I don't want it."