Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 10-22-2021, 4:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So I call after it’s been 75 days since I mailed my application in?
Old 10-23-2021, 7:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersx View Post
So I call after it痴 been 75 days since I mailed my application in?

Yes. You値l likely find they clear you right then and it will be mailed within a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-26-2021, 7:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfchew View Post
I may have missed it in here but where do you get the finger print cards and who is authorized to do them? Don't feel like spending 100 dollars for the sheriffs office to do it
Call around, I found a mom & pop shop that charged me $30 to roll, and $5 for each card. Cost me $40 to get it done. I probably should have paid another $10 for an additional 2 cards in case I find I want a Utah Permit. I would just need the class.
Check Cashed: 07/21
Interview Call:
Interview:
Live Scan:
CCW training:
Call to pick up:
Hoping for Interview Call in 2022, but that is a long shot.
Old 10-26-2021, 1:03 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
I probably should have paid another $10 for an additional 2 cards in case I find I want a Utah Permit. I would just need the class.
Not to drag this too far off-topic since this is arizona thread, but when I took my "UT class" (which was actually just my CA class), they rolled prints for us there as part of the class. So if you do end up pursuing UT, call and ask your instructor if they do that, and it might save you some time/money.
AW Reg. will be reopened Jan. '22 to those who weren't able to register by 7/2018. We don't know what that means for firearms made compliant when reg. failed or if they can or must be converted to AW configuration before registering. There's a moratorium on prosecutions for possession of AWs which were eligible for registration, but AWs acquired after 2016 can still be prosecuted!
Extremely important note: DON'T register anything acquired after 2016!!!
Old 11-15-2021, 11:45 AM

80 days since app was received. Called today and was told license will be arrive in two weeks.
Old 11-15-2021, 9:49 PM

It's been 72 days since I mailed my application. I received my Utah non-resident two weeks ago. Is AZ avoiding processing non-resident applications until you call in?
Old 11-16-2021, 6:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
It's been 72 days since I mailed my application. I received my Utah non-resident two weeks ago. Is AZ avoiding processing non-resident applications until you call in?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 11-16-2021, 6:24 PM
Calguns Addict

AZ has been extremely slow.

I believe they are going as fast as they can with the amount of permits they have to do.

Mine took, for ever seems like.
Old 11-17-2021, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
AZ has been extremely slow.

I believe they are going as fast as they can with the amount of permits they have to do.

Mine took, for ever seems like.

With no trips planned to NV, I知 not in a hurry to get mine, so I知 letting it take its natural course. My 80 working days was up end of September. I could call, but now I知 just curious what the actual wait time is. I値l post when it comes.
Old 11-17-2021, 4:06 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
With no trips planned to NV, I’m not in a hurry to get mine, so I’m letting it take its natural course. My 80 working days was up end of September. I could call, but now I’m just curious what the actual wait time is. I’ll post when it comes.
The thing is, a number of people (myself included) had background checks that were "flagged" for nonsensical reasons like "has the same first and last name as another person in the United States", and those flagged backgrounds seem to cause the app to fall into an indefinite limbo that can only be ended by being a squeaky wheel, as oceanbob put it.

So there's a very real chance that your app simply never gets processed if you don't call them.
AW Reg. will be reopened Jan. '22 to those who weren't able to register by 7/2018. We don't know what that means for firearms made compliant when reg. failed or if they can or must be converted to AW configuration before registering. There's a moratorium on prosecutions for possession of AWs which were eligible for registration, but AWs acquired after 2016 can still be prosecuted!
Extremely important note: DON'T register anything acquired after 2016!!!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:22 PM

Call best way to find out what happen, i have both my utah and AZ. wouldnt have gotten them without calling. Really nice people and they seem happy to send them.
Old 11-24-2021, 7:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Agreed I called yesterday and a very pleasant woman answered the phone. She answered are you checking in the status of your CCW, took about 5 minutes total she will ask you for SS# then you wait on phone while she clears you. Super easy.