Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 04-18-2021, 9:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Corp. Amrerica 9 to 5...

Yo-ho, yo-ho, Corporate life for me...
and dealing with incompetence... even in I.T...

https://youtu.be/64yB16Z4MQ0

Last edited by the86d; 04-18-2021 at 9:52 AM..
Old 04-19-2021, 5:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Uhh ok. That song was awful.

IT is bursting with incompetence. Everyone sees we make a lot of money so you have a bunch of tards thinking they are going to put down their rock beater and start coding or programming infrastructure. It is frustrating. We buy machines for 100's of thousands of dollars and you get the computer controller and you're like WTF is this? Not only is it 1990s tech, its not even anything would have set up in the 90s. Then they tell you their crap won't run on anything current. I take it for an hour and make it all run in Win7 or Win10 or Linux or whatever and they ask how you did it. I tell them to F off go hire competent people. A lot of those people monkey punch or just follow a list without ever understanding what they are doing or why they are doing it. See the same thing in some proprietary cloud based fab stuff we use. I don't know everything about tech (or I would leave it honestly... I have to always be learning) but holy Jebus a lot of stuff I see is just bad. Completely wrong. Millennial *** garbage. No thought put into it. No understanding of the problems you are trying to solve. So many things done just for the sake of doing things or because it looks pretty or because its trying to be "inclusive".

See man now you got me all worked up. LOL
Check it out I'm like a buzz bomb
Old 04-22-2021, 3:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Wow now that you mention it, we have only one Woman, an Asian, and a guy from Africa that REALLY knows his SH!+. Seems pretty White-washed...
I didn't realize it, but we are 62.5% WHITEISH MEN, 75% Witeish, and MOST OF US CHRISTIAN....
TRIGGERED!!!

We are all pretty Rock-Solid, and the Woman called me today and wanted a second opinion, she was just second guessing herself, but did everything right, AND the guy from Africa just traded On-Call weeks with me, so I might have "an extra beers" tonight, as I was supposed to start on-call at 4PM PST, BUT... NOT TONIGHT...

Our team is Company-Vets, 3/8 of us acquired from an acquisition, MOST of us know WAY more than "our jobs", as we were rouges of the IT field, and wore many hats in prior lives, pre-aquisition...
We acquire so much yearly that I think we are run by the Ferengi!

Last edited by the86d; 04-22-2021 at 3:24 PM..
Old 04-23-2021, 6:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

See there, you HAVE to know more than just IT if you want to be competent in IT. Sure I can setup all kinds of routers, infrastructure, got my Cisco certs and all that crap. But what use is it if you don't know WHY you are doing what you are doing? What is all that IT crap connected to? Who are you supporting? What are they doing? I support an engineering and fabrication company. So I get to do all the normal IT stuff, but then stuff like programming robotic rotary welders, or CNC machines or whatever. And not just programming, I will get in there and mess with the mechanical side too. Swapping motors or gearing or whatever. I learn what they are doing and how they are doing it so I can make their lives easier/better/more efficient with technology. How can I help them get the CAD files to the robots in the best way possible? I have gotten plenty of offers to go do datacenter or pure tech work. I have no interest in that. It doesn't matter and theres a million people that can monkey punch that crap. I want to use my tech skills in an actual industry.

The last company I worked for also acquired a ton of small companies. I was a wiseguy of sorts having to go in there and clean up their tech mess and evaluate their tech guys. Those were fun times. Interesting when people got defensive of their junk. I get it. They built their babies and loved them. In reality its just crap though so what can you do? Put it down gently.
Check it out I'm like a buzz bomb