Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:04 AM

Let's be fair about one thing, there is a legitimate reason to not allow steel case* ammo in indoor ranges. Unburnt powder collects at the backstop, and steel strikes can start a fire, or do damage to the backstop itself.

*The easiest and quickest way to check is with a magnet... which will catch steel in the bullet, but false positive on a steel case with a pure lead-copper bullet. Which sucks, but how do you figure out if its a false positive without wasting a ton of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want people to get arrested for illegal guns? His lack of knowledge is annoying, but realize he spends a ton of time doing other things as a business owner, has a family, etc.

Not saying he should stay ignorant, but yall need to lighten up
If that were true, he'd say his peace and then STFU about it. Reserve the right to refuse service? Sure. Pretend to be a cop, DA, and judge? Now you've gone too far in your social justice crusade.

Quote:
And calling doj, even in OPs post, it sounded like a call to clarify something... the fact that doj wont clarify should piss people off more than owner not knowing
Which betrays a further idiocy: thinking that the CADOJ is there to provide legal advice. A very, very dangerous stupidity.
"You called the feds." "What? I got pinched!" "Which is what happens when you call the feds."
Old 04-18-2019, 10:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I shoot 6.8 and 300 aac no way he can have my brass. fk him
Old 04-18-2019, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Sounds like he at least had things printed out. If you are going to argue with every FUDder you come across, you could at least have some pc printed out yourself.

Because despite what you might think, your word doesnt mean crap. If you want to simply leave, and let him know his lack of knowledge will keep you from coming back, go right ahead.

If you actually want to educate people, go prepared
If you actually have documents printed out, you should also have some comprehension skills. If you’re going to puff your chest out and act like you’re the law, you should be able to back up your argument. He had no argument except to say, “Well if you’re right, I don’t see how it’s possible that a mag locked rifle can’t have 10+ in mag, but a rifle with a drop free mag can have more than 10.”

He thinks that the Dems have a solid lock out on 10+ mags. Except for “freedom week.” The guy is an idiot, and doesn’t want to comprehend the law.

You sound like you work there or are related to the guy. It’s okay for you to say someone is an idiot if they are. Your comment earlier about the owner “protecting his friends” is an almost exact quote of what he said yesterday. We’re you the other guy behind the counter?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheRepublic View Post
Spreading FUD is not something that should be supported. He's not our "daddy" his job is not to treat more knowledgeable gun owners as his children. Inspecting people's firearms for "compliance" and harassing people for exercising their natural human right is supporting oppression. Last thing we need is more lib doj stormtroopers and oppressors.
Then dont go to his shop. Its his private business. You want to shoot there? Follow his rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Scathing rebuke in bold.
Im sorry mr handicapped man, I didn't mean to offend you
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
Let me guess. You are either the asshat in question or are a close friend/relative? No, normal person would have such a vitriol response to the comments about the shop.
Neither. Just a regular at his range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveTPO View Post
Originally Posted by vintagearms
Did you read the rules?: No brass collecting allowed. F that. On that rule alone I would never shoot there.

I'll take a wild guess and say you don't reload. For those of us that do, the brass case, as I'm sure your must be aware, represents a major component cost in the assembly of ammunition. Being prohibited from picking up my own brass would absolutely be a deal killer for me.

I'm not sure why anyone would prohibit the use of steel cased ammunition. Maybe those spent steel cases foul the treasure trove of brass that is swept up at the end of the day to be reloaded for resale or sold as (valuable) scrap metal.
I do reload. And if I want to shoot after dark, by myself within 5 mins from my house, I use his range. And I follow his rules... because its his shop
Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Then dont go to his shop. Its his private business. You want to shoot there? Follow his rules

Im sorry mr handicapped man, I didn't mean to offend you

Neither. Just a regular at his range.

I do reload. And if I want to shoot after dark, by myself within 5 mins from my house, I use his range. And I follow his rules... because its his shop
For a goofy, holier than thou apologist, you sure dont follow the rules around here.

Any other slurs youd like to fling?
Quote:
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-18-2019, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
If you actually have documents printed out, you should also have some comprehension skills. If you’re going to puff your chest out and act like you’re the law, you should be able to back up your argument. He had no argument except to say, “Well if you’re right, I don’t see how it’s possible that a mag locked rifle can’t have 10+ in mag, but a rifle with a drop free mag can have more than 10.”

He thinks that the Dems have a solid lock out on 10+ mags. Except for “freedom week.” The guy is an idiot, and doesn’t want to comprehend the law.

You sound like you work there or are related to the guy. It’s okay for you to say someone is an idiot if they are. Your comment earlier about the owner “protecting his friends” is an almost exact quote of what he said yesterday. We’re you the other guy behind the counter?
Then you my friend are an idiot.

Now that that is out of the way, I neither work there, nor am I related. I am a regular patron at his range. I have talked with him and discussed legalities of certain issues. I have persuaded him on some, he has shown me otherwise on other issues.

You calling him an idiot because he misunderstands CA law, is stupid.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
For a goofy, holier than thou apologist, you sure dont follow the rules around here.

Any other slurs youd like to fling?
Sure, if youd like to keep being a goofy holier than thou keyboardist
Old 04-18-2019, 10:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Sure, if youd like to keep being a goofy holier than thou keyboardist
Beg, borrow, or steal a clue.

I didn't criticize your buddy, i mentioned gun enthusiasts in general. You took it as a direct attack on your paramour, apparently.

You thought you were going to flip that on me, but failed miserably. It was neither applicable nor witty. It just flopped.

Then you appear to have called me retarded or otherwise handicapped.

You are an emotionally driven shallow thinker, and youre in over your head.

Again, when trying to lord reasonableness over others, you should exhibit it yourself. Instantly devolving into a personal attack reveals what you truly are.

And it isn't much.

If you insist on skulking back and pretending to continue this, be original, stop trying to flip my words on me.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Even most local news stations get this right. Sounds like the owner thinks because he owns a gun business, that his customers should just take his word.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Then you my friend are an idiot.

Now that that is out of the way, I neither work there, nor am I related. I am a regular patron at his range. I have talked with him and discussed legalities of certain issues. I have persuaded him on some, he has shown me otherwise on other issues.

Personal attack preserved for posterity.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
My money, my choice. I am purposely ignoring a well-established indoor gun range in OC, due to their house rule to inspect the rifles. It's way too invasive, sorry
Quote:

CRPA has issued their legal opinion. It's really hard to misunderstand something there.

Last edited by riderr; 04-18-2019 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Beg, borrow, or steal a clue.

I didn't criticize your buddy, i mentioned gun enthusiasts in general. You took it as a direct attack on your paramour, apparently.

You thought you were going to flip that on me, but failed miserably. It was neither applicable nor witty. It just flopped.

Then you appear to have called me retarded or otherwise handicapped.

You are an emotionally driven shallow thinker, and youre in over your head.
It was a movie quote. I am one of the more logical thinkers in here. Everyone else is willing to burn a business that deals with a lot of new and unexperienced shooters just because the guy can be an *** and doesn't know the law back to front.

You want to discuss things? Lets do it. One of the only people in here that came close to offering any sort of real solution was eat dirt. You just came in and implied the owner knew nothing. Despite you not knowing him and going off of one anecdote from one person who went there once
Old 04-18-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveTPO View Post
Originally Posted by vintagearms

Did you read the rules?: No brass collecting allowed. F that. On that rule alone I would never shoot there.

I'll take a wild guess and say you don't reload. For those of us that do, the brass case, as I'm sure your must be aware, represents a major component cost in the assembly of ammunition. Being prohibited from picking up my own brass would absolutely be a deal killer for me.

I'm not sure why anyone would prohibit the use of steel cased ammunition. Maybe those spent steel cases foul the treasure trove of brass that is swept up at the end of the day to be reloaded for resale or sold as (valuable) scrap metal.

Reload or not it’s your property and you should retrieve it no matter what the policy is. It’s brass, it has recycling value as well as can be sold to people who do reload.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
It was a movie quote. I am one of the more logical thinkers in here. Everyone else is willing to burn a business that deals with a lot of new and unexperienced shooters just because the guy can be an *** and doesn't know the law back to front.

You want to discuss things? Lets do it. One of the only people in here that came close to offering any sort of real solution was eat dirt. You just came in and implied the owner knew nothing. Despite you not knowing him and going off of one anecdote from one person who went there once
Wrong.

I didn't “imply” anything. The word you are looking for in “infer”. YOU inferred that i was insulting your guy.

I correctly stated that the most hard headed, certitudinous people are males who think they are correct about firearms.

Argue all you want, i didnt pick a side, i just made an observation, which, if you weren't emotionally driven and invested, you would realize applies equally to the op.

Tell me more about your self professed logic. Reaching for personal insults on at least two occasions in one thread would seem to lay that claim bare.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-18-2019, 11:00 AM
Banned

Thanks for the warning. I would have left when they asked to fondle my guns.

I understand range owners trying to keep everything withing obvious compliance given public nuisance laws, but with RAW, BBRAW, featureless and maglocked rifles out there how can anyone working a gun counter tell what a "legal configuration" is anymore?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:12 AM

Is this the older white guy with mustache people are talking about?
Haven't been there in a log time, but have no problem with letting them see my rifle, got compliment on how light 2 of them are.
Also have taken new shooters there without issues.

Sister was there when some guy had his little kids there crying well he was shooting. That made her stay away for awhile.
He also said one thread protector had flash hider characteristics, and said I can't use it there.
But mostly no issues even when I would take 80% built guns there.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

owner sounds like the typical gun store FUDDER that thinks their word is law.

glad i don't live near it so i would never have to visit the business.

OP make sure to put a review online warning others. especially on google when you search the location.

this way others who actually know the actual law on this can avoid it instead of losing out on their lane rental fee and getting the cops called on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 04-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Even most local news stations get this right. Sounds like the owner thinks because he owns a gun business, that his customers should just take his word.
and randos going in to his shop think he should take theirs

Quote:
Personal attack preserved for posterity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
My money, my choice. I am purposely ignoring a well-established indoor gun range in OC, due to their house rule to inspect the rifles. It's way too invasive, sorry
CRPA has issued their legal opinion. It's really hard to misunderstand something there.
Cool
Old 04-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
In this case yes. It's arguably the biggest news to hit the pro-2a community in 20+ years. It wouldn't be hard to google search the ruling and its effects.

Furthermore, when you combine this newly found knowledge with 20+ years of your previous knowledge that SCM's have always been legal to possess and use, we wouldn't have this thread.

But we do. So it begs the question. Was his policy on SCM's before Freedom Week just as anti-2a? And what OTHER anti-2a policies does he enforce or believe? Just in case you didn't know, SCM's were legal to use and own a month ago, a year ago, a decade+ ago and every day in between.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Classic
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-18-2019, 11:52 AM

FWIW in my experience there the guy seems just plain scared of ‘scary black rifles’ and if you take one expect a talking too like you’re a little child and multiple inspections throughout your shooting session.

Handguns only don’t seem to give him the same creepy crawlies, so I would imagine short of 50rnd drums & glock fun sticks you could shoot your SCM’s in handguns there without notice....

I’m really hoping he loosen’s up a little soon, and does his research. I really want to try out my new glock drum and D60 10mins away, instead of driving 2.5hrs to the desert roundtrip.

Last edited by FlyingShooter; 04-18-2019 at 11:56 AM..
Old 04-18-2019, 11:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShooter View Post
FWIW in my experience there the guy seems just plain scared of ‘scary black rifles’ and if you take one expect a talking too like you’re a little child and multiple inspections throughout your shooting session.
Just like I thought. Owner is anti-2a.

He probably drives his Prius in the fast lane at 65 to make sure everyone is obeying the law.
Old 04-18-2019, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
In this case yes. It's arguably the biggest news to hit the pro-2a community in 20+ years. It wouldn't be hard to google search the ruling and its effects.

Furthermore, when you combine this newly found knowledge with 20+ years of your previous knowledge that SCM's have always been legal to possess and use, we wouldn't have this thread.

But we do. So it begs the question. Was his policy on SCM's before Freedom Week just as anti-2a? And what OTHER anti-2a policies does he enforce or believe? Just in case you didn't know, SCM's were legal to use and own a month ago, a year ago, a decade+ ago and every day in between.
I thought his head was going to explode when I informed him that my rifle has actually been compliant with the 30 round mag I was using for the past 25+ years.
Old 04-18-2019, 3:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I have not seen that word in a forum in a long, long, time
Old 04-18-2019, 3:57 PM
Veteran Member

I wanna get on this but too much negativity, I don't know how this lead to an egotistical debate.
Old 04-18-2019, 4:10 PM

D-did he get banned? :| the show's over it was getting good.
Old 04-18-2019, 4:20 PM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnWnMe View Post
I have not seen that word in a forum in a long, long, time
Well, it's C87. His vernacular is sanctioned by the law

I do, however, take a shot everytime he says "clue" "wrong" and "blovat" I usually don't last after reading 3 of his posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.
Old 04-18-2019, 4:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well when “randos” are giving him EXACT legal answers on the law of 10+ Mags in FEATURELESS rifles, it’s not really an opinion. It’s FACT! Not like I was pushing him on a “gray area” subject. The law is very black and white. He chose to lose business over his feelings. Pretty dumb in my book...
Old 04-18-2019, 4:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDawgJJ View Post
Well, it's C87. His vernacular is sanctioned by the law

I do, however, take a shot everytime he says "clue" "wrong" and "blovat" I usually don't last after reading 3 of his posts.
I will not be "Newhart"-ed, sir.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-18-2019, 4:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Wrong.

I didn't “imply” anything. The word you are looking for in “infer”. YOU inferred that i was insulting your guy.

I correctly stated that the most hard headed, certitudinous people are males who think they are correct about firearms.

Argue all you want, i didnt pick a side, i just made an observation, which, if you weren't emotionally driven and invested, you would realize applies equally to the op.

Tell me more about your self professed logic. Reaching for personal insults on at least two occasions in one thread would seem to lay that claim bare.
When someone tells you they are the most logical person , they are probably not , pure philosophy. His user name and attitude screams right-wing authoritarianism . I'm gonna have to agree with the man with the best legs on CG, lol..But I am open to hearing his and her responses as long as it's productive to the forum.

Anywho, we all gotta get along, we are grown men, it's HELLA(CG NorCal) funny too see two people debate off-topic on an off-topic thread. My mind is boggled, plus I'm probably not helping either

Last edited by deerdeerdeer; 04-18-2019 at 4:36 PM..
Old 04-18-2019, 4:37 PM

Hey guys...

I really am no one to anyone, but is there any possibility that we can tone down the negativity?

Look, I like spirited debate as much as the rest, but why are we attacking each other? Haven't the libtards in Sac got enough acreage in the gun debate?

RE: Steel case. There are several reasons mentioned, but one poster spoke of the metal core of most steel cased ammunition. That's valid enough to warrant it, at least to me. Yes, many ranges also moonlight as brass salesmen, but if that's the case and is the only reason, they could just buy one of those rolling magnets and that solves the issue. They wouldn't have the customer relations problem.

RE: My brass. Unless a range has it in writing that by signing below, I give up my right to recover my brass, then they don't have a right to keep it. Anything that falls forward of the firing line stays for obvious reasons, but behind it...if I dropped it, it's unquestionably mine still unless I abandon it there. IANAL, but there are some here who may be able to shed specific legal light on that.

RE: Inspections of my gun. I agree with the posters who say his range, his rules, but I draw the line at them inspecting the firearm. Unless he is fully versed on the law, penal codes, and an LEO, he gets no such courtesy. I even question the LEO's ability on private property to do such an inspection, but I am not that well versed in the law to fight it since I am, technically, using in public view. I will simply say thank you for the lane time and leave. If it happens early on, I will insist on a refund, as the owner/employee's interference of my enjoyment of the facilities forced me to leave, but otherwise, I just don't come back and do what the OP did. Post about it.

I have learned A LOT from those here far more knowledgeable than I am on everything gun related, but can we PLEASE stop antagonizing each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Old 04-18-2019, 4:46 PM
Veteran Member

^^^

Last edited by deerdeerdeer; 04-18-2019 at 4:48 PM..
Old 04-18-2019, 5:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex1man View Post
D-did he get banned? :| the show's over it was getting good.
He's probably on time-out.

Isn't paramour a female artist?
Old 04-18-2019, 5:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
He's probably on time-out.
He/she came out swinging. I'm guessing it's not the first time.

MLC, First 3
Old 04-18-2019, 9:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
I’m not from the area, but was passing through. Met my brother at Beaumont Indoor Shooting Range to sight in a couple rifles. Figured it would be decent since the have a 75’ rifle range. My bro also wanted to try out a couple of my CCW guns.

Anyway, upon check-in, they “must” inspect rifles for compliance (Light bulb number one). My rifles are in FEATURELESS configuration, so no worries there. I also have 30 round mags (not loaded) in the magwells. Owner looks over the rifles, verifies legality of features and says, “Have fun and be safe!”

Head in to the range, load up 5 rounds in to an AR, and sight it in. Done deal! Load up a full 30 rounder and start plinking away. Get through the mag, set the rifle on the bench, turn around and in walks Mr. Owner.

Owner: “How many rounds did you just shoot out of that magazine?!”
Me: “30, sir.”
Owner: “You realize you just manufactured an AW by putting that magazine in your gun?!
Me: “No, sir, I did not. This rifle is featureless, just as you verified upon check-in. I can use any mag I so please in it.”
Owner: “No, that is against the law and is not allowed on my range!”
Me: “It’s not against the law, it is actually 100% legal! But if this is your range policy, by all means I’ll respect it the rest of the time I am here.”

He storms off and walks back in with a binder. Then attempts to prove me wrong with ATF print outs. I again attempt to explain, but it’s going in one ear and out the other. Again, I say, “No problem, sir. Your range, your rules.” Walk back to our lanes and he shut them down. Figures! Pack up, walk out to the store front and he’s on the phone with DOJ asking about legality of featureless and 10+ mags. They of course refuse to answer the question. He again starts to argue with me as I attempt to explain fixed mag vs BBRAW vs Featureless. He couldn’t comprehend how a fixed mag rifle could not accept 10+ yet a standard mag release featureless could. I again explain “evil” features. Then I say, “Look, we can agree to disagree. Your range, your rules.” He says, “I disagree!”

Okay, bud. Let it be known, for all you freedom loving AR shooters, steer clear of Beaumont Indoor Shooting Range.

And I know.. Cool Story Bro... Why would you take a rifle to an indoor range...
If you left before your time was up; dispute the CC charge.
Old 04-18-2019, 9:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliberetta View Post
Some people are full of fear, which manifests itself in irrational behavior.

You can find a lot of them spread out across the land in California... unfortunately, many of them are gun owners, gun store and range employees and owners who unleash that fear on their own kind.
that and they forgot to wash their hands after cleaning up lead dust a few too many times...
Old 04-18-2019, 9:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want people to get arrested for illegal guns? His lack of knowledge is annoying, but realize he spends a ton of time doing other things as a business owner, has a family, etc.

Not saying he should stay ignorant, but yall need to lighten up

And calling doj, even in OPs post, it sounded like a call to clarify something... the fact that doj wont clarify should piss people off more than owner not knowing
I think we did and we concluded he is an ignorant wanna be cop.

Quote:
Will do. Will never go.

Cheers

Last edited by sl0re10; 04-18-2019 at 9:36 PM..
Old 04-18-2019, 9:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Dirt View Post
O k .....let me throw this question out there ..

( just a little off topic )

How many here would be up to a Cal - Gun shoot there ?.
seems like a long drive / lot of work to get thrown out.
Old 04-18-2019, 9:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
Let me guess. You are either the asshat in question or are a close friend/relative? No, normal person would have such a vitriol response to the comments about the shop.
Just one shill account; they're lazy.

When I criticized the old* Angeles reloading store I got two. 50% more effort!

* I think it is run by new people now so, of course, I'm over it now
Old 04-18-2019, 10:02 PM
Banned

Video proof or it never happened. Starting to see a whole lot of these tall tales of ranges and ffl's doing bad but no proof. Next story...