Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-30-2023, 4:44 PM

Default 2021 Transfer to son

Quick question. In September of 2021, I moved to Florida. Before I left, I completed the inter family firearm transfer. Among the firearms transferred was a California compliant AR15. Today, I got a text from my son and he received a letter from the DOJ requesting pictures of the AR15... I asked my son to sent me a picture of the letter.

Has anyone experienced anything similar??
Old 01-31-2023, 5:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67siia View Post
Quick question. In September of 2021, I moved to Florida. Before I left, I completed the inter family firearm transfer. Among the firearms transferred was a California compliant AR15. Today, I got a text from my son and he received a letter from the DOJ requesting pictures of the AR15... I asked my son to sent me a picture of the letter.

Has anyone experienced anything similar??
Yes, it's a trap.

There is no legal reason to provide pictures of any firearms to the CA DOJ when submitting this; or any other, form. They are asking for them to "make sure the rifle is CA compliant". Of course if they see something that they don't like like they will send nice men out to the house around 0300 hours.

He could reply to them to provide the CA PC that requires him to provide pictures or do nothing at all.

Sent from my Amazon Fire Tablet using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 01-31-2023, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Yes, it's a trap.

There is no legal reason to provide pictures of any firearms to the CA DOJ when submitting this; or any other, form. They are asking for them to "make sure the rifle is CA compliant". Of course if they see something that they don't like like they will send nice men out to the house around 0300 hours.

He could reply to them to provide the CA PC that requires him to provide pictures or do nothing at all.

Sent from my Amazon Fire Tablet using Tapatalk
It's not clear to me who the AR15 was xferred to, the dad or the son.

If it went from son to dad, son should say "sorry, the rifle is out of state and my dad and I are not on speaking terms."

Dad to son (most likely I guess) then it looks like you are correct, could not find any mention of photo for intrafamilial xfer. That being said, I am not familiar with how purchasing a CA compliant AR15 works; perhaps when it does not go through an FFL there is some rule that indicates that a photo is required to "make sure" it's CA compliant that comes into effect?
Old 01-31-2023, 8:00 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc0844spare View Post

If it went from son to dad, son should say "sorry, the rifle is out of state and my dad and I are not on speaking terms."

Dad to son (most likely I guess) then it looks like you are correct, could not find any mention of photo for intrafamilial xfer. That being said, I am not familiar with how purchasing a CA compliant AR15 works; perhaps when it does not go through an FFL there is some rule that indicates that a photo is required to "make sure" it's CA compliant that comes into effect?
No, no such requirement.

As an Oregon resident, I no longer have 'standing' to ask this, but I think some or several of the victims of CA-DOJ's illegal demands ought to contact CRPA, to see if they would write a legal notice to CA-DOJ amounting to 'get a warrant'.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 01-31-2023, 8:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
That being said, I am not familiar with how purchasing a CA compliant AR15 works; perhaps when it does not go through an FFL there is some rule that indicates that a photo is required to "make sure" it's CA compliant that comes into effect?
No such law exists.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 02-02-2023, 5:26 AM

Father transferred to son. Son lives in California

Quote:

Old 02-02-2023, 6:34 AM

Somewhat related: Does 1 in 30 apply to inheritance? It never occurred to me before, but it would take like 20 years for him to get everything transferred if it does.
Old 02-02-2023, 9:47 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewN View Post
Somewhat related: Does 1 in 30 apply to inheritance? It never occurred to me before, but it would take like 20 years for him to get everything transferred if it does.
Mostly no.

Not intrafamilial, and not in-CA PPT.

Both CA and Federal law allow no-FFL transfer of inherited firearms; CA has the limitation of CA-defined immediate family, while Feds don't care.

Transfer to non-family 'strangers', any family outside the parent/child and grandparent/grandchild lines must use an FFL, and then for in-CA it would be a PPT, so again 1-in-30 does not usually apply (there's that Los Angeles thing).

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-03-2023, 9:30 AM
Veteran Member

F the traitorous CA doj...disgusting

2x SKS Trench Art $480 & $500
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28101198