Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 10-11-2022, 3:04 PM

Default CA Compliant Grip

Hey ladies. Looking for advice for my girlfriend. I was curious what your experiences have been with featureless rifles and running compliant grips. I don't want to do a fin grip because I feel like it gives you too little control of the rifle. How have the resurgent arms, sparrow, jugg tactical, and other grips worked for you?
Old 10-11-2022, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccom View Post
Hey ladies. Looking for advice for my girlfriend. I was curious what your experiences have been with featureless rifles and running compliant grips. I don't want to do a fin grip because I feel like it gives you too little control of the rifle. How have the resurgent arms, sparrow, jugg tactical, and other grips worked for you?
Hi Niccom,

Grips really aren't a gender-based product or issue. What works for men should also work for women. Ideally, she should try the options out on her own to see what works best (just like holsters, etc). The fact that you don't like a fin grip shouldn't be the deciding factor on whether she uses one or not.
Old 10-11-2022, 5:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Have a look at these:

https://www.bande3d.com/
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 10-11-2022, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
Hi Niccom,

Grips really aren't a gender-based product or issue. What works for men should also work for women. Ideally, she should try the options out on her own to see what works best (just like holsters, etc). The fact that you don't like a fin grip shouldn't be the deciding factor on whether she uses one or not.

You’re right it’s not a gender base product, but I do believe that most women would have smaller hands than myself and closer to her size. Then I could receive feedback on the ergonomics of said grips and ability to use the controls of the AR15. Fair point about the fin, she did try it out on my SPR ar 15 and didn’t like it but that is fairly heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2022, 6:24 PM

My wife loves the Thordsen Gen 3.
Having the ability to adjust the length of pull made it a no brainer.
Old 10-11-2022, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by operavoice View Post
My wife loves the Thordsen Gen 3.
Having the ability to adjust the length of pull made it a no brainer.

Is that for primarily bench shooting? How heavy is it? Looks cool!

Old 10-12-2022, 4:34 AM
Veteran Member

OP, I have used both the Thordsen Gen 2 and Gen 3. My sons' rifles have the Gen 2, and they like them. I have 2 of the Gen 3, and they make it feel like a standard rifle. I like them. Though they are a bit heavier than the Gen 2. I just think the Gen 2 looks weird. Then Gen 3 has really gone up in price.
As for the fin grips, I started with the Monster Man, and went to the VISM. I prefer the VISM. I like its more rounded shape, seems a bit smaller to fit my hands, and I think the thumb rest give me more control.
I have also added an ambidextrous safety to all my rifles, to make things a bit easier to a work.
Old 10-12-2022, 9:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
OP, I have used both the Thordsen Gen 2 and Gen 3. My sons' rifles have the Gen 2, and they like them. I have 2 of the Gen 3, and they make it feel like a standard rifle. I like them. Though they are a bit heavier than the Gen 2. I just think the Gen 2 looks weird. Then Gen 3 has really gone up in price.
As for the fin grips, I started with the Monster Man, and went to the VISM. I prefer the VISM. I like its more rounded shape, seems a bit smaller to fit my hands, and I think the thumb rest give me more control.
I have also added an ambidextrous safety to all my rifles, to make things a bit easier to a work.
Hi Sailormilan2,

Thank you for the kudos!!

Yes, unfortunately our prices have gone up. It's the sign of the times. Supply and shipping costs have skyrocketed.

OP,
Whatever solution your friend chooses, I also would suggest putting an ambi safety on it.

Thordo
Old 10-13-2022, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Is that for primarily bench shooting? How heavy is it? Looks cool!

It's not overly heavy.
We use them (we have matching AR's) in typical Appleseed positions, prone, sitting, standing, as well as bench.
I threw a set of aluminum BUIS and a 2-7 scope in a similar configuration to our M&P 15/22's, and I find that the cheek weld is better on the Windham.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:08 AM

Default CA Compliant Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by operavoice View Post
It's not overly heavy.
We use them (we have matching AR's) in typical Appleseed positions, prone, sitting, standing, as well as bench.
I threw a set of aluminum BUIS and a 2-7 scope in a similar configuration to our M&P 15/22's, and I find that the cheek weld is better on the Windham.

Thanks for the response! I purchased the juggernaut tactical grip on sale, and found a blem sparrow grip on sale as well. I already own a resurgent arms grip. We are gonna give all 3 a try and see how she likes it. I also have two different BCM mod 0 stocks for her to try and see which cheek weld she likes better.

P.S. we were one of the couples on the opposite side of the range at the apple seed event in sac. Glad to hear that mp22 didn’t make it into the trash!

Old 10-15-2022, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

With a little bit of paint, you can change their looks a bit. Here's my AR308 with its Thordsen Gen 3 stock.

Old 10-17-2022, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the response! I purchased the juggernaut tactical grip on sale, and found a blem sparrow grip on sale as well. I already own a resurgent arms grip. We are gonna give all 3 a try and see how she likes it. I also have two different BCM mod 0 stocks for her to try and see which cheek weld she likes better.

P.S. we were one of the couples on the opposite side of the range at the apple seed event in sac. Glad to hear that mp22 didn’t make it into the trash!

Small world!
The ammunition was the problem with the M&P.
CCI "RealTree Clean Ammo" powder coat has a variance from .2235 to .225 caliber diameter.
Add the lack of a lube on the bullets, it was more than the Match chamber could take, apparently.
We changed to Norma TAC-22 and haven't had a problem since.