Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-13-2023, 3:01 PM

Default problem with Permitium?

I am applying for San Diego Co CCW, they use Permitium. Everything is good until I try to finish, then it tells me I need to upload required documents. I have uploaded all required docs, in PDF format and in JPG format. Is anyone else had this issue, and is there a work-around? It will no tlet me proceed to the next step, just goes back to the document upload screen.

Thanks

Last edited by nedgun; 01-13-2023 at 3:06 PM..
Old 01-13-2023, 3:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedgun View Post
I am applying for San Diego Co CCW, they use Permitium. Everything is good until I try to finish, then it tells me I need to upload required documents. I have uploaded all required docs, in PDF format and in JPG format. Is anyone else had this issue, and is there a work-around? It will no tlet me proceed to the next step, just goes back to the document upload screen.

Thanks
I just did this in OC. I thought the same, but I had only "attached", not uploaded the docs. I looked at them and they each had an upload button next to it.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-13-2023, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedgun View Post

Thanks
IIRC, only pdf's are accepted. You must also include a "label" for the doc.
Old 01-14-2023, 5:56 AM

Thanks for the information. I'll try it again this morning. Incidently, called SDSO for information, they said to call the company. The company was closed, nice to be able to come here and get answers.
Old 01-14-2023, 6:27 AM

only jpgs are accepted I just looked at my upload files, all jpgs and I remember I had trouble uploading a pdf

Last edited by dave1947; 01-14-2023 at 6:31 AM..
Old 01-14-2023, 8:04 AM

This "Permitium" company and method being used to administer CCW apps, initially, sound good, but looking at San Diego County's website, it's not clear what file types are OK to use.

Looking at another Permitium administered website:
https://aslbapplication.permitium.co...angecompanynew

It appears .jpg and .pdf files should be good to go, along with a .jpeg and .png.
However, I suppose it's possible there's a website glitch (that day); a file size limitation; or the client city or county may have a limitation on file type or size.

The entire state of California with its 58 counties and its many cities really needs to get its act together. Requiring in-person reference letters; contacting personal references; utility bills for residency; medical/psych evals (need a better way, perhaps releasing existing psych history, but not requiring to get new psych history); and good moral character (undefined) need to stop.
Old 01-14-2023, 8:31 AM

Fwiw
Up here, (napa) its a little squirrely, it took 2 go rounds to get it covered, even tho the system took both forms of data...
I made a call to ask,waited for the return call a couple of days. Dude was very helpful.
The actual wait time last winter was 4 weeks on deck till the processed it ...
Old 01-14-2023, 8:57 AM

I have had a permit for a decade, which includes multiple renewals. I have always uploaded JPG’s only.
Old 01-14-2023, 9:59 AM
This page left blank
CGN Contributor

I've only uploaded pdf files.
Old 01-14-2023, 1:41 PM

I was able to register today without any issues, which leads me to believe that there was a system problem or glitch yesterday. Uploaded both jpg and pdf documents without issue. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2023, 9:19 AM

That system is crap. It makes you enter everything and then only at the end does it tell you if something is wrong. Literally had to do the full application 5 times in a row.