Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-12-2021, 8:21 AM

Default CA Compliance Rate...

Howdy,

With CA style gun laws trying to get enacted nationwide I'm curious if there are any reports on surmised compliance with CA's law about AR and >10rnd mags.

More interested in official numbers if any. CA can be secretive about numbers based on other hot button issues they refuse to disclose numbers on.

EVERYONE I know in CA that has any such firearms has done nothing aside not taking to the range. Heck since there is ongoing litigation WHY would you surrender $100's of magazines or other components?

I know you can work around AR's by simply disassembling them so there would be no number on those...

Trying to get a bearing on what the reactions would be nation wide.

Thanks!

Hayduke!
Old 03-12-2021, 8:24 AM

>10 round mags are legal

everyone has their own risk tolerance for the law.
Old 03-12-2021, 8:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Howdy,

With CA style gun laws trying to get enacted nationwide I'm curious if there are any reports on surmised compliance with CA's law about AR and >10rnd mags.

More interested in official numbers if any. CA can be secretive about numbers based on other hot button issues they refuse to disclose numbers on.

EVERYONE I know in CA that has any such firearms has done nothing aside not taking to the range. Heck since there is ongoing litigation WHY would you surrender $100's of magazines or other components?

I know you can work around AR's by simply disassembling them so there would be no number on those...

Trying to get a bearing on what the reactions would be nation wide.

Thanks!

Hayduke!

$100's ???

That's laughable.

Let's put this in a perspective everyone can understand.

The state of CA performed 1.6M background checks in 2020.

That's ~438 a day, every day for a year.

What do you think the average cost of a firearm might be? $700? $1000?

Let's go with $750 shall we?

1.6M * $750 = $1,200,000,000

At an average of 8% sales tax, this state took in $96M

This doesn't account for private sales (non-reported sales tax) or the sales of firearm parts or ammunition.

If you think the gun owners of CA are going to give up as you said $100's of legally owned anything, you're not seeing the big picture.
Old 03-12-2021, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas View Post
$100's ???

That's laughable.

I meant $100's in magazines.

Which could be several $1000 but not $1000's of magazine for average gun owner.

Much of everything else remained "legal" if disassembled etc... but you can't legally make a 30 round Magpul Gen2 legal... I don't think there's a kit to glue a block in to reduce capacity...but maybe....

I was just thinking this about the tax dollars and the impending recession due to C19. States like CA are going to desperately need more cash and to lop off such a cash cow doesn't fit the true model of the left....

Last edited by Hayduke; 03-12-2021 at 9:26 AM..
Old 03-12-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Much of everything else remained "legal" if disassembled etc... but you can't legally make a 30 round Magpul Gen2 legal... I don't think there's a kit to glue a block in to reduce capacity...but maybe....

I was just thinking this about the tax dollars and the impending recession due to C19. States like CA are going to desperately need more cash and to lop off such a cash cow doesn't fit the true model of the left....
CA has a budget surplus this year... the tech industry is very remote-work friendly and has not been substantially impacted by the lockdowns. In fact, the need to support many Covid-related initiatives has made technology even more profitable.

So... not hurting for money. In truth, the "magazine windfall" doesn't represent much in the grand scale of budget calculus. None of the actual Penal Code does. Everything in that space, from a political perspective, is a publicity stunt designed to garner attention and therefore votes. As long as the electoral base in CA "believes" in gun control, politicians will keep creating more of it.

As you've said, the most important event in the "large capacity magazine" realm in CA is the Duncan case, which we won, then won on appeal, and has been appealed again to an En Banc session of the 9th Circuit (where we have only about a 15% chance of winning). That's the magazine story, everything else is props and scenery.

Right now the law allowing confiscation and ticketing for magazines is enjoined (cannot be enforced) due to the Duncan case, so questions about compliance are effectively meaningless.

If one examines the AW registration compliance, one might get a better idea of what would happen in a nationwide scenario of similar character; one could also look at Canada, where a national registry was tried and it failed for multiple reasons, only one of which was very low compliance.

TL;DR: compliance would/will be/is VERY LOW; somewhere in the mid-high teens as a percentage.

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Old 03-12-2021, 12:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

$100 in Glock magazines is 3.

$100 in AR15 magazines is around 5.

How many magazines do you think the average gun owner owns where the capacity is over 10 rounds?
Old 03-12-2021, 8:17 PM

Quote:
$100 in Glock magazines is 3.

$100 in AR15 magazines is around 5.

How many magazines do you think the average gun owner owns where the capacity is over 10 rounds?
I remember going to gun shows in 1994 and venders were getting about $100 each for Glock magazines and they were sold out after a couple hours.
Old 03-13-2021, 6:03 AM

Quote:
One 15¢ rivet in the right location turns any magpul into a 10 rounder. There are several companies that sell these into CA today.

-Sen. Joe Manchin on eliminating the filibuster
Old 03-16-2021, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

First off there’s many ways to compliance besides your method, but even assuming that’s the only method...glue + block = compliance. Why does anyone need a kit for those 2 items?
Old 04-21-2021, 6:41 AM

Talking

Quote:

Thousands of paper magazines
Old 03-12-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:

.... snip....

The state of CA performed 1.6M background checks in 2020.

That's ~438 a day, every day for a year.

....Snip....
I think you slipped a decimal. 1,600,000 / 365 = 4380+/-

At that rate, even the relatively small dros fees add up quickly!

Cheers,
Digger1
Old 03-12-2021, 8:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The more onerous the law the lower the rate of compliance. It's axiomatic.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 04-21-2021, 2:03 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
The more onerous the law the lower the rate of compliance. It's axiomatic.
Not quite sure of that. How many people do you know who are smuggling Uzi's or HK94"s into the state (or the country for that matter).

Most ÄW's"were banned 30 years ago in CA and they have NOT come back. Other than legally registered AW's from decades ago, how many other "ïllegal"weapons do we see? Not too many. I think the vast majority comply and more importantly FFLS importers and businesses COMPLY.

How often to you hear full auto gunfire out on the street? Never. Why - FA's were banned in 1934 for the most part.

Sure, you see a few float to the surface in raids etc. but not like before. I grew up in the great 80's when EVERYONE had Mac 10's or Uzi's. Every gang was doing drive bys with AK47's and AR-15's. Every night on the news were stories of gun caches like you'd see on Miami Vice. Not anymore. Sure, we see the odd 80%er or AR style rifle, but not like before.

Yes, laws DO work. They just time time to matriculate through the culture.
Old 03-12-2021, 9:11 PM

I think NY is a better case study i believe their compliance rates on the 7round mags was very very low
Old 04-09-2021, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
I think NY is a better case study i believe their compliance rates on the 7round mags was very very low
That part was held to be unconstitutional. The part about registering ARs was upheld. All reported compliance rates are no better than estimates in any state, since there is an unknown number of such weapons in circulation. California DROS did not require an identification of a rifle transfer as a semiauto rifle until 2000, I think, so the true number, not including ghost guns, is just an estimate. As to registration as "assault weapons," I imagine that there are tens of thousands of people who were blissfully unaware of the law, and others who converted their rifles to a "nonassault weapon" configuration to avoid registration. Thus, the number of unregistered "assault weapons" is anybody's guess.
Old 04-09-2021, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
California DROS did not require an identification of a rifle transfer as a semiauto rifle until 2000
2014. An untold number of BB semi-auto rifles, and stripped and/or complete lowers, were sold as generic "long guns" prior to that.

Compliance is dismally low. But the people who made the law knew that was what would happen. They registration system they built couldn't even handle the fractional volume of registrations, so there is no way it had any chance of surviving the entire list of these firearms in circulation... and I don't believe that the people running the show didn't know that. On the other hand, if they didn't, that tells you that you don't have much to worry about because it means they're monumentally stupid.

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Old 04-09-2021, 3:36 PM

AW ban / registration laws............
Law abiding gun owners, rumored registration rate, is greater than 10%.
Criminal gun owners, rumored registration rate, is less than .001%.
Old 04-09-2021, 5:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankhatch View Post
AW ban / registration laws............
Law abiding gun owners, rumored registration rate, is greater than 10%.
Criminal gun owners, rumored registration rate, is less than .001%.
Not sure what you mean by "rumored" registration rate.

DOJ noted less than 10% of AW's were registered in the last 2 formal registration periods. Most folks say 5-8% but who knows.

I forgot to register, but I am aware that registration lists turn into kiss it g'by lists.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 03-14-2021, 7:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Compliance rate for the recent round of AW registration laws was around 5% in each of the states that passed these laws. CA registered 64K new AWs of an expected 1.5 million.

T
Old 03-16-2021, 11:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdps View Post
Compliance rate for the recent round of AW registration laws was around 5% in each of the states that passed these laws. CA registered 64K new AWs of an expected 1.5 million.

T
Compliance rates for other states will be much lower. Maybe you'll get 2 registered in Texas.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Compliance rates for other states will be much lower. Maybe you'll get 2 registered in Texas.
And Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke will be the one registering his two AR-15s for the attention and considering he's a felon and not allowed to own firearms I hope the state of Texas arrests him and points out that some guy who said AR-15s are bad owned two of them.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

I remember WAY back when CA enacted its original ban/registration for AWs, i.e. Roberti Roos, before anyone had heard of OLL or featureless, etc, the compliance rate for that mandatory registration was very low, I think I saw 10% of what they were expecting.

I can't find numbers right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
I remember WAY back when CA enacted its original ban/registration for AWs, i.e. Roberti Roos, before anyone had heard of OLL or featureless, etc, the compliance rate for that mandatory registration was very low, I think I saw 10% of what they were expecting.

I can't find numbers right now.
That number, or one close to 10%, was in commentary on a subsequent AW bill; found it once, not interested in chasing it down again.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:35 PM

10% "compliance" was the number. The other 90% misplaced their firearms and couldn't find them. Then they had those inane commercials, "Ya's register ya's truck don't ya's?", "Son!, it's not worth it!". I'm still shaking from fear.
Old 03-15-2021, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Calculating a compliance rate is impossible. For AWs there are multiple ways to comply with the law besides registration; featureless, fixed magazine, disassembly. The same for magazines where people are likely to do their own conversions. There simply is no data to estimate compliance rates. CA doesn’t even know how many ARs or magazines are owned in CA beyond an order of magnitude estimate.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Take out the centerfire Bolt Carrier, set it aside under lock and key, put in a CMMG 22lr conversion Bolt Carrier, get a Black Dog 10rnd 22lr mag. DONE.
If the green weenie hits the propeller, switcharoo the Bolt Carriers and the mags, light 'em up and smoke 'em. IF you had the foresight to put the evil horrible nasty Standard capacity mag away in a unseen place. But alas, all of the .300 Blackout rigs and other calibers take a bit for effort.

Psalm 1

Last edited by Garand Hunter; 03-16-2021 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: sentence structure
Old 04-09-2021, 3:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

It’s really sad how this administration think they can turn this great nation similar to China, so they can reign forever. Total disregard for the Constitution and Amendments clearly shows these are the tyrants the 2A is all about.
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Old 04-21-2021, 7:49 AM
Calguns Addict

As has been indicated, it is virtually impossible to ascertain a 'true' compliance rate with the firearms themselves and such 'magazines,' particularly given the lack of 'paperwork' involved in their attainment would be even more 'impossible.' With that said, as the others have already alluded to, the estimated compliance rate insofar as firearms might provide a rough (very rough) guideline.

In July of 2018, The Washington Free Beacon reported... Gun Group: Only 3 Percent of Californians With Assault Weapons Registered Them After Latest Gun Law

Quote:
...The Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) said the likely registration rate of "bullet-button assault weapons" was only about 3 percent of the total number of firearms in California that fall under the state's latest expansion of its "assault weapons" ban. State documents obtained by the group through freedom of information requests show the Department of Justice approved 6,213 individuals to register 12,519 firearms under the new law by the end of June. It rejected a further 1,373 registration attempts. As of June 30, 2018, 52,443 applications for registration were pending.

The 66,335 applications for registration pale in comparison, FPC said, to the number of firearms sold between January 2000 and December 2017, which the state said must be registered by June 30, 2018. Using data on gun sales from state records and the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the group estimated there were 1.3 million firearms sold in California that would fall under the registration requirements. They estimated an additional half-million home-built firearms fall in the same category.

That would put the number of attempted registrations at about 3.6 percent of the total number of firearms required to be registered...
Now, add "Freedom Week," the uncertainty associated with pending litigation over the decision by Judge Benitez, along with various other factors and I suspect that the compliance rate regarding magazines is even lower than that associated with the guesstimates on firearms. But, once again, that's why there are no "official numbers" to reference; just 'estimates,' even on the firearms.

Nationwide? The same issues present themselves.

From July 2016... Massive noncompliance with SAFE Act

Quote:
...Cuomo administration officials first ignored, then denied Robinson’s Freedom of Information Act request. But, on June 22, following two years of litigation, state police released the information based on a court decision which found that while the law forbade the disclosure of the actual registration forms, nothing precluded the release of aggregate data.

That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent. Capanna said that the high rate of noncompliance with the law could only be interpreted as a large-scale civil disobedience, given the high level of interest and concern about the law on the part of gun owners.

“It’s not that they aren’t aware of the law,” said Capanna. “The lack of registration is a massive act of civil disobedience by gun owners statewide.”...
When Romney signed the permanent assault weapons ban in Massachusetts, the ban had already been in place nationwide for 10 years and the State's ban had been there for 6 years. Yet, they are still trying to estimate not only 'compliance' with regard to firearms sales, they are now attempting to ban 'manufacture' of so-called "assault weapons" within the State. The most 'recent' numbers I can find at the moment come from a 2021 piece, but even that focuses on 'firearms sales' and not on 'ownership/possession.' Still...

Quote:
...We can speculate about explanations for the widespread noncompliance with the Enforcement Notice. One is civil disobedience: it is possible that many firearm sellers and purchasers knew about the EN and deliberately disregarded it. Another is ignorance. Some market participants simply may not know what actions are legal or not legal; for example, they may not know how to properly apply the Interchangeability Test or Similarity Test. It is relevant to consider that the data we observe was reported by sellers to the state through legal channels; some dealers might prefer to avoid knowingly informing the state about illegal weapon sales. Third, as the AGO made clear, the AGO relied on dealers’ voluntary compliance with the law. Such compliance may have been difficult or unprofitable. Finally, we have found no evidence that assault weapons ban enforcement efforts increased concurrently with the EN. In fact, the AGO publicly requested voluntary compliance, and its communications suggested that some dealers were known to be out of compliance. It may be that increased enforcement is required to gain a higher level of compliance in the marketplace...
So, even if we go by 'official estimates' related to firearms compliance rates, the number is... shall we say... estimably LOW in terms of compliance. Remember also, even using the "1.3 million firearms sold in California that would fall under the registration requirements" from the 2018 piece and multiplying that by a minimum number of 3 magazines per firearm at an estimated cost of $12 - $20 per magazine (where the mean is $16; 1,300,000 x 3 x $16), that's $62.4 million dollars worth of magazines without accounting for how many 'standard capacity' magazines were owned prior to the 2016 ban itself and how many may have been 'obtained' since.

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 04-21-2021 at 8:33 AM..
Old 04-21-2021, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

The above discussion is thorough, but needs to acknowledge the difference between compliance and registration without intermixing the terms. While registration rates are very low, I believe that the compliance rate is very high. Converting a potential featured AW to either fixed magazine or featureless is compliance with the law. I’m sure sales figures of the latest generation of fixed magazine and featureless devices would support a very high compliance rate.

Magazines, on the other hand...waiting for the legal process to conclude.
Old 04-21-2021, 5:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
The above discussion is thorough, but needs to acknowledge the difference between compliance and registration without intermixing the terms. While registration rates are very low, I believe that the compliance rate is very high. Converting a potential featured AW to either fixed magazine or featureless is compliance with the law. I’m sure sales figures of the latest generation of fixed magazine and featureless devices would support a very high compliance rate.

Magazines, on the other hand...waiting for the legal process to conclude.
I would remind you that "compliance" is a bit of a fungible term, as it is used, depending on individual, agency, context, etc. Your post is evidence of that. You define it this way (emphasis mine)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
Calculating a compliance rate is impossible. For AWs there are multiple ways to comply with the law besides registration; featureless, fixed magazine, disassembly. The same for magazines where people are likely to do their own conversions. There simply is no data to estimate compliance rates. CA doesn’t even know how many ARs or magazines are owned in CA beyond an order of magnitude estimate.
I define it consistent with the law in terms of what is defined as so-called "assault weapons." If you go featureless, fixed magazine, or disassembly, according to the laws, as they are currently written, the firearm is NO LONGER designated as a so-called "assault weapon" by the State? As such, it would be in compliance with... what? A legal firearm which is not a so-called "assault weapon?"

The ONLY method of compliance (in this State and, presumably, in others) which allows one the ability to legally retain possession of a so-called "assault weapon" is registration. Otherwise, all you have is a rifle and, in some cases, not even a semi-automatic one; whether that be via disassembly or conversion to single shot or 'bolt action.'

In short, while part of our argument against so-called "assault weapon" bans is that such rifles are no different than many others in function, just appearance, if we now begin referring to certain firearms as "assault weapons" which do not meet the definition as codified by law, isn't that 'poking the bear' in terms of virtually inviting them to add them to the list of so defined "assault weapons?" After all... "If gun owners think of them as 'assault weapons,' then, perhaps..."

Admittedly, part of this comes down to how one thinks about so-called "assault weapons." It's part of the legerdemain that the anti-civil rights forces have employed and why I use "so-called" in conjunction with "assault weapons." For me, however, it's not about the language so much as it is about a caveat; an indication that there's more to what's going on than a tangible, fixed definition of a specific weapon type.

If we were to accept the premise of "military-like" or "military-style" or "used by the military" or "weapons of war," then virtually EVERY firearm type would or could be classified as a so-called "assault weapon" in that the military has used and virtually every type of firearm (and 'arm') has been utilized in "war."

If we push the premise that what is being legislated as so-called "assault weapons" is a gradual expansion from actual "military issued" to virtually every firearm, I would think that helps our cause. Thus, if we argue that what they propose banning is simply a type of firearm commonly used for lawful purposes, that such common use includes (but is not limited to) self-defense, that it is not unusual and dangerous (a conjunctive test as held by Alito in his concurring opinion in Caetano*), and that, functionally, it is little or no different than myriad other firearms, I suspect we'd be far better off, legally and PR wise, than arguing...

We have so-called "assault weapons," even if some of them are 'featureless' (they don't appear to be "military-style") or fixed magazine (which for a great many is unacceptable, for various reasons) or is simply disassembled (but could be 'reassembled' in a matter of seconds).

Remember, Biden has posited the idea that so-called "assault weapons" be designated NFA items; with registration and all that entails being the only legal way to retain them as such. In California, that would effectively mean no one could be in legal compliance while still retaining possession of a so-called "assault weapon" or in possession of such parts that one could be assembled. Thus, it would become a 'battle' to get the permissible parts designated as substantively different; i.e., for all practical purposes, it would no longer be about assembling a "machine gun" and would, instead, be about assembling a semi-automatic firearm.

* As Justice Alito wrote in a concurring opinion to Caetano, one which Justice Thomas joined...

Quote:
The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court affirmed the conviction, holding that a stun gun “is not the type of weapon that is eligible for Second Amendment protection” because it was “not in common use at the time of [the Second Amendment’s] enactment.” ... This reasoning defies our decision in Heller, which rejected as “bordering on the frivolous” the argument “that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.” ...

The Supreme Judicial Court’s holding that stun guns may be banned as “dangerous and unusual weapons” fares no better. As the per curiam opinion recognizes, this is a conjunctive test: A weapon may not be banned unless it is both dangerous and unusual. Because the Court rejects the lower court’s conclusion that stun guns are “unusual,” it does not need to consider the lower court’s conclusion that they are also “dangerous.”...

As to “dangerous,” the court below held that a weapon is “dangerous per se” if it is “ ‘designed and constructed to produce death or great bodily harm’ and ‘for the purpose of bodily assault or defense.’” ... the relative dangerousness of a weapon is irrelevant when the weapon belongs to a class of arms commonly used for lawful purposes... If Heller tells us anything, it is that firearms cannot be categorically prohibited just because they are dangerous...

As the foregoing makes clear, the pertinent Second Amendment inquiry is whether stun guns are commonly possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes today... The more relevant statistic is that “[h]undreds of thousands of Tasers and stun guns have been sold to private citizens,” who it appears may lawfully possess them in 45 States... While less popular than handguns, stun guns are widely owned and accepted as a legitimate means of self-defense across the country. Massachusetts’ categorical ban of such weapons therefore violates the Second Amendment.

The lower court’s ill treatment of Heller cannot stand... “Self-defense,” however, “is a basic right.”... I am not prepared to say that a State may force an individual to choose between exercising that right and following her conscience, at least where both can be accommodated by a weapon already in widespread use across the Nation... If the fundamental right of self defense does not protect Caetano, then the safety of all Americans is left to the mercy of state authorities who may be more concerned about disarming the people than about keeping them safe.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:05 AM

Oh, I forgot, there is one other group that creates terms just to show spite and that are diesel truck owners. Who invented the term "coal roll". Hint, it wasn't anyone seeking to ban diesel engines, it was some diesel truck driver.

So stick the chest out, take the defiant position and keep using terms that degrade cast shadow on gun ownership. How has that been working out for us in Ca?

Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

Think past your gun, it's the last resort, the first is your brain.

Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent. In the history of humanity, no defense has ever won against an enemy with time on their side.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedShots View Post
Oh, I forgot, there is one other group that creates terms just to show spite and that are diesel truck owners. Who invented the term "coal roll". Hint, it wasn't anyone seeking to ban diesel engines, it was some diesel truck driver.

So stick the chest out, take the defiant position and keep using terms that degrade cast shadow on gun ownership. How has that been working out for us in Ca?
Translation: Holy crap, he's absolutely correct. Better take an example from a totally unrelated area and hope he doesn't notice.

And your last sentence reveals an amazing lack of understanding of demographics. The idea that the current antigun climate in California is a product of gun owners saying things like "evil features" instead of the democrat supermajority is astounding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-21-2021, 1:58 PM

well from some local officers that I know, about 98%+ of the firearms taken in crime scenes from criminals are illegal... that includes "AW's", stolen firearms with serials scratched off, p80s etc... As for compliance of actual "law abiding citizens", or those who intend only to defend life with their arms... when I go to the range, I'm not seeing too many complying with the ridiculous AWB and I applaud that tbh.