View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 3:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmCheese View Post
Have you measured them at all?

I think both chokes are cylinder, with cylinder being 18.1mm in one barrel and 18.3mm in the other, meaning some constriction but different than chokes really. My take on the 18.1/18.1 mark is that the barrel is bored 18.1 instead of 18.5, and is 18.1 at the muzzle. My take on the 18.3 is that the barrel is bored 18.3 the whole way through.

I DO know that my 100 year old shotguns ('Murican! with 'Murican choke designations) run a good bit tighter than modern chokes. Old loads that didn't use shot cups and often used soft lead shot opened patterns, so guns were choked more tightly. Modern shotcups help tighten patterns, so lots of old guns shoot REALLY tight with modern loads.
Near as I can measure - .704 and .715....... so, somewhere between improved modified/light modified and modified/improved cylinder?

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."