Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=441)
-   -   Mandatory vaccine policy at my workplace coming up (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1709148)

Palmaris 05-29-2021 5:23 AM

I just bought pin “Vaccinated American”, put it on my work jacket (we must to use for ESD) and management put Check mark I am vaccinated. Lol BTW, I recovered from Chinese Flu 3 months ago and did antibody test this week, looking at IgG s/c index, even if vaccine work and proven safe, I will not take it.
To be honest, I do not lie, pin not calling what kind of vaccine I took and 3 weeks ago we did PDot vaccine. It is not my fault that most of people has only one thing in mind-COVID! But works for me LOL.
Best vaccine available, accepted everywhere
https://i.imgur.com/2QGNWMm.jpg?1

MrRichards 05-29-2021 6:38 AM

Great idea!!
Did a quick search on ebay and this one caught my eye:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17466234389...Cclp%3A2334524

anthonyca 05-29-2021 6:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM6000 (Post 25754679)
Update: some co-workers recieved memos today. It basically stated that they need to provide proof of vaccination by June 1st or not be allowed to come to work. Then they will be terminated immediately.

Can you post this memo? What is the company, type of work etc?.

Transient 05-30-2021 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia (Post 25806521)

HIPAA. Enough said. Businesses, states, and employers are not qualified healthcare professionals, and I'm under no obligation to share my medical records with them. In fact, if I have to see a doctor other than my usual one I'm required to sign documents that allow the sharing of medical records to the new doctor. Are the state, businesses, and employers requiring such documents to be signed? If not, I smell a federal lawsuit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bootstrap 05-30-2021 9:36 PM

I demand to know if all of my coworkers have tested negative for all flu strains, have antibodies to every known variant of c-vid and every STD before I am comfortable returning to work.

Since it's OK to go there...

HibikiR 06-02-2021 8:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transient (Post 25817971)
HIPAA. Enough said. Businesses, states, and employers are not qualified healthcare professionals, and I'm under no obligation to share my medical records with them. In fact, if I have to see a doctor other than my usual one I'm required to sign documents that allow the sharing of medical records to the new doctor. Are the state, businesses, and employers requiring such documents to be signed? If not, I smell a federal lawsuit.

That's not how HIPAA works. HIPAA is a restraint on your medical professionals from sharing info. At best, it prevents employers from contacting any medical professionals to get your vaccination info.

HIPAA does not prevent employers from demanding anything, that is the jurisdiction of some other laws if any. You can yield to the employer's demands, or you can deny your employer's demands, HIPAA still doesn't have any bearing on your employer.

HIPAA restraints are lifted in the event that you give consent to medical professionals to share that info with specific parties. If you don't consent then HIPAA will continue to restrain the medical professional's ability to share info.

bootstrap 06-02-2021 9:27 PM

Tell/ask the employer and get their response in writing: "I do not share my private medical information. Do you perceive that I am sick until proven healthy? Yes or No?"

mi4 06-30-2021 11:16 AM

Can anyone recommend some family doctor who can write a recommendation letter for not taking vaccine under EUA or at least have fair opinion about taking vaccine with some medical conditions? CDC does not say any condition should not take vaccine but only say there is no safety data for certain medical conditions.

LBDamned 06-30-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi4 (Post 25914464)
Can anyone recommend some family doctor who can write a recommendation letter for not taking vaccine under EUA or at least have fair opinion about taking vaccine with some medical conditions? CDC does not say any condition should not take vaccine but only say there is no safety data for certain medical conditions.

https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org...cines-the-law/

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...&postcount=100

mi4 06-30-2021 12:44 PM

I checked with AFD. They don't provide consulting or such a letter about covid vaccine.

rklapper 06-30-2021 5:28 PM

lol, plz don't use the AFD link. talk to a real attorney

LBDamned 06-30-2021 6:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rklapper (Post 25915625)
lol, plz don't use the AFD link. talk to a real attorney

If you've got better referrals, why not post 'em?

chrisw 06-30-2021 6:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transient (Post 25817971)

Some guy with 87 in his screen name will be along shortly to tell you you're wrong :shrug:

chrisw 06-30-2021 7:24 PM

Oh wait.. it looks like he won't.:D

LBDamned 06-30-2021 7:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 25915972)
Oh wait.. it looks like he won't.:D

Let me guess... banned - again ?

ETA: you got me curious- so I searched the thread... yep - lol

HIPAA is on the 1A menu boys! HIPAA, HIPAA, HIPAA :D

Transient 06-30-2021 8:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 25915888)
Some guy with 87 in his screen name will be along shortly to tell you you're wrong :shrug:

I don't think I've been on the forum for the last month. Just received your message via tapatalk. It is what it is. People like individual 87 are starving for an audience. Responding to them only emboldens them.

EM2 06-30-2021 8:13 PM

I am working on the design end of a large project associated with a CA state entity and last week they mentioned everyone involved would need to be vaccinated if they will be visiting the site, of which I would/could/should be.
I immediately called my supervisor and informed him I have absolutely no intention of getting the vaccine. He seemed supportive and was not getting it himself either.
The project manager was less supportive, seemed put off, but also seemed to understand that he has no choice in the matter.
At this time I do not know if the issue will get pushed farther but I am able to walk if I need to. It would be quite painful for management were they too push too far and I were to leave, we have very few people that do what I do, and none as talented.

Transient 06-30-2021 8:17 PM

It is my understanding that employers cannot collect this data about their own employees. Scroll to bottom of quoted text for the section labeled Business Associates.

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publication...ipaa.html#four

Quote:

Covered Entities

The following types of individuals and organizations are subject to the Privacy Rule and considered covered entities:

Healthcare providers: Every healthcare provider, regardless of size of practice, who electronically transmits health information in connection with certain transactions. These transactions include claims, benefit eligibility inquiries, referral authorization requests, and other transactions for which HHS has established standards under the HIPAA Transactions Rule.

Health plans:*Entities that provide or pay the cost of medical care. Health plans include health, dental, vision, and prescription drug insurers; health maintenance organizations (HMOs); Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare+Choice, and Medicare supplement insurers; and long-term care insurers (excluding nursing home fixed-indemnity policies). Health plans also include employer-sponsored group health plans, government- and church-sponsored health plans, and multi-employer health plans.

Exception: A group health plan with fewer than 50 participants that is administered solely by the employer that established and maintains the plan is not a covered entity.

Healthcare clearinghouses:*Entities that process nonstandard information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard format or data content), or vice versa. In most instances, healthcare clearinghouses will receive individually identifiable health information only when they are providing these processing services to a health plan or healthcare provider as a business associate.

Business associates:*A person or organization (other than a member of a covered entityís workforce) using or disclosing individually identifiable health information to perform or provide functions, activities, or services for a covered entity. These functions, activities, or services include claims processing, data analysis, utilization review, and billing.

choprzrul 06-30-2021 8:28 PM

Vaccines? I thought there were only experimental drug injections?

Isnít there something about not being coerced into volunteering for experimentation??

I dunnoÖ.Iím just an ordinary guy that likes to pursue load development and rifle accurizingÖ.

Dan_Eastvale 07-01-2021 9:33 AM

It would be nice if SCOTUS wouldn't balk at making hot topic decisions like COVID issues, reverse discrimination, election fraud, etc...
They would claim the minor, so-called "public safety emergency" is not their jurisdiction.

rklapper 07-01-2021 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transient (Post 25916130)
It is my understanding that employers cannot collect this data about their own employees. Scroll to bottom of quoted text for the section labeled Business Associates.

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publication...ipaa.html#four

that only applies to business associates of healthcare providers (e.g., "covered entities")

bootstrap 07-01-2021 10:31 PM

Ideal state: hey judge, take this injection from the same vial that I may agree to after observing after the trial is over.

Kay Burton 07-02-2021 1:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bootstrap (Post 25826793)
Tell/ask the employer and get their response in writing: "I do not share my private medical information. Do you perceive that I am sick until proven healthy? Yes or No?"

Well, do you understand that many employers put themselves above their team? Of course, this is unpleasant, but you have to put up with it. Or look for another job where the manager is more loyal.

everyday_hero 07-08-2021 5:17 AM

Iím looking at alternatives. My supervisor is a pro-vax neo-con, in my opinion. At this point Iím the only one who is not interested in the experimental gene therapy thatís not within a couple years of retirement. As an agricultural worker, 96% of the company had the Covid -19 Card by April 1st of this year. Iím regularly given warning for not wearing an N-95 indoors now, because only a select number of people know my kill-shot status. My mother in laws tells me to just tough it out until people start croaking in the next couple years.

SPUTTER 07-08-2021 5:25 AM

^ That's good advice from you mother in law. Unhealthy people will be dropping out of the workforce soon

everyday_hero 07-08-2021 9:29 AM

If it werenít for family, Iíd be a roaming from free state to free state with laws coming into affect that prohibit discrimination based on infection injection status.

MadMax 07-08-2021 12:09 PM

Both major hospitals up here just made it mandatory to get vaccinated or you can't come to work. St Alphonsus and At Lukes put memos out today. I think it's super lame and it makes you think why now. There hasn't been a case of covid in the hospital I work at since mid January.

SPUTTER 07-08-2021 7:02 PM

Attachment 1027550

She's in Canada, btw.

five.five-six 07-08-2021 8:41 PM

I know someone, rather closely, who just told their employer that they had been vaccinated. Worked like a charm.

Personally, I identify as a fully vaccinated woman of color. My body my choice. Donít question my transition.

ibanezfoo 07-09-2021 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 25937988)
Both major hospitals up here just made it mandatory to get vaccinated or you can't come to work. St Alphonsus and At Lukes put memos out today. I think it's super lame and it makes you think why now. There hasn't been a case of covid in the hospital I work at since mid January.

Absolute obedience. The state has ďstrongly recommendedĒ it, therefore you must bow down and comply.

Big Chudungus 07-10-2021 2:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM6000 (Post 25642804)
I work in an office doing property management.

Time to change jobs. Probably best to tell a few White Lies about you are moving to other area because wife etc, and that is why you need a nice recommendation. But you probably screwed the pooch and they will think you are indeed quitting over Vaxx policy and be pissy about it.

Oh well, at least it sounds like you are in a pretty "general" profession and always lots of openings in all areas at some pay grade.

Figure this is a blessing in disguise because:

1)It kinda shows what they think of employees and you in particular, don't it?
It ain't like boss took you aside and said "Its policy but you are valuable so I'm not gonna push it if you got strong feelings, but promise me you will keep kicking *** because you are on promotion fast track".

2)Big Changes afoot in "property management" with Black Rock, Buffet and other mega players buying up all residential property with unlimited free money from "The Fed", so maybe this is NOT the time to stick with your stuck in mud current job.

Big Chudungus 07-10-2021 2:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scota4570 (Post 25643261)
At least you get unemployment.

CA "for cause" means no EDD in CA and so far Courts have sided 110% with Vaxx Law in all cases in all types of case.

Employers get a few cents back in tax for NOT "laying off" and having Employees fill EDD so crappy employers will invent "for cause" and EDD takes their word as Gospel.

However unlike some States CA's EDD only cares about very last W-2 job, and I once got EDD after a one day July 4 special event gig that was W-2, and stopped answering phone calls from former boss who wouldn't fire me but wouldn't give me decent hours or schedule.