Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=441)
-   -   Mandatory vaccine policy at my workplace coming up (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1709148)

DRM6000 04-08-2021 2:04 PM

Mandatory vaccine policy at my workplace coming up

For those of you whose workplace mandated vaccinations, how did you deal with it? I don't want the vaccine now.

Did you reluctantly get vaccinated to keep your job? Did you quit? Something else?

Sgt. J Beezy 04-08-2021 2:15 PM

Mandatory vaccine policy at my workplace coming up

Found a new job...

In another state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mikeywee 04-08-2021 2:25 PM

Call a lawyer that deals with discrimination or medical issues. You could sue them over HIPAA violation.

Scota4570 04-08-2021 3:47 PM

IF I really needed the job I would make a fake vaccine card and not say anything to anyone.

ibanezfoo 04-08-2021 3:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM6000 (Post 25641858)
For those of you whose workplace mandated vaccinations, how did you deal with it? I don't want the vaccine now.

Did you reluctantly get vaccinated to keep your job? Did you quit? Something else?

I heard a manager at work bring it up but since pretty much nobody is playing along with this stupidity anymore I don’t know how far it will go. If it comes I will refuse. They can fire me if they want.

Gryff 04-08-2021 3:56 PM

Quote:

Find a lawyer and argue that the vaccine is not FDA approved. It is approved under "Emergency" conditions, so it has not been subjected to the same level of rigorous testing as needed for standard approval.

This is one of the reasons that they can't mandate that the military receive it yet (my son's in the Navy).

OlderThanDirt 04-08-2021 4:57 PM

Tell them that you have medical issues that you don’t want to disclose that prevents you from getting the vaccine at the recommendation of your doctor. If they push the issue, tell them that you will sue them for medical discrimination and HIPPA violations.

DRM6000 04-08-2021 5:00 PM

I brought up EUA and it fell on deaf ears. I speculated the boss' mind was made up before the our meeting. I knew that a policy and an ultimatum was going to happen. The ultimatum wasn't explicit, but we all knew what it was.

I was blunt in our meeting. She said she wanted to know what my concerns were and we'd discuss it. I told her my input would not have any effect on her decision or the policy.

Palmaris 04-08-2021 5:12 PM

Religious refuse work too

Gryff 04-08-2021 5:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM6000 (Post 25642438)
I brought up EUA and it fell on deaf ears. I speculated the boss' mind was made up before the our meeting. I knew that a policy and an ultimatum was going to happen. The ultimatum wasn't explicit, but we all knew what it was.

I was blunt in our meeting. She said she wanted to know what my concerns were and we'd discuss it. I told her my input would not have any effect on her decision or the policy.

I have to wonder if they would actually have the balls to fire you for that. The potential legal fight could be messy.

If you are going to try to ride it out, make sure your side of the house is as clean as you can make it so that they can't use some other issue as cause.

SPUTTER 04-08-2021 5:45 PM

Forcing an experimental medical treatment and they are relinquishing themselves from potential damages that may occur? Uh, no.
Talk to your doctor.

HibikiR 04-08-2021 5:50 PM

Doctors have less sway over this kind of decision, stick with legal counsel.

DRM6000 04-08-2021 6:04 PM

We have three employees that have not vaccinated and the boss is trying to convince us to. If we do not, a policy will be issued next week (what about future employees?) One agreed to get it and another told me she will be looking for a new job. I am still contemplating. I have been with the company for over 20 years and I don't want to burn any bridges (I need a good reference.) I have a dilemma, do I stick with my beliefs and suffer the consequences or capitulate? I know it seems like a petty issue over a shot, but this issue doesn't sit well with me.

HibikiR 04-08-2021 6:20 PM

I know people that got the shot and are fine (and are still gun-owning patriots to boot) so I'd say get the shot and save the fighting for something that isn't a petty issue.

Vinnie Boombatz 04-08-2021 6:21 PM

How can they legally make it mandatory? I work in a hospital directly caring for patients in the East Bay and it's not even mandatory there.

SPUTTER 04-08-2021 6:35 PM

Op, don't ignore your gut feeling. Document everything and use email to discuss the situation. Don't quit your job and talk to lawyer.
If everyone in the office is vaccinated except you, then why are you a threat if it works? Btw, what type of job is this?

DRM6000 04-08-2021 6:42 PM

I work in an office doing property management.

Mikeywee 04-08-2021 6:48 PM

All of this coronavirus stuff is basically a huge game of chicken and they’re hoping you’ll back down first which it looks like you’re going to.

It is not just a shot, it’s future unknown medical conditions. Maybe your kidney gives out maybe you start to have liver issues either way the coronavirus disease is influenza and it’s nothing to really worry about in the first place.

If it was me I would get an attorney ASAP just like the private message I sent you they legally can’t do this. These people don’t realize what they’re getting themselves into and they’re playing with other peoples money and that’s why they make decisions like this. Just stand your ground!

Gundiver 04-08-2021 6:53 PM

Just stall

SPUTTER 04-08-2021 7:00 PM

Wow, not even the military is making it mandatory. That tells you alot right there.

jarhead714 04-08-2021 7:01 PM

That has got to be illegal. Pay the 300 bucks for an hour with an attorney.

LBDamned 04-08-2021 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunPreacher (Post 25642866)
it's against my religious beliefs, so they would have a discrimination problem with me...

Seriously, me too... I won't express here how I will articulate it - but I've determined it months ago.

Having that been said, there has been no indication my employer will go extreme like this... but if they do, it will show me they aren't what I've known them to be.

joepamjohn 04-08-2021 7:04 PM

Quote:

What’s next? Will they make you renounce you whiteness or mandate less whiteness training too? The world has gone nuts.

jeffyhog 04-08-2021 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HibikiR (Post 25642703)
I know people that got the shot and are fine (and are still gun-owning patriots to boot) so I'd say get the shot and save the fighting for something that isn't a petty issue.

Forcing you to inject something into your body, much less something lacking a long term history is not a petty issue.

More people need to reject this.

DRM6000 04-08-2021 7:15 PM

From what I've read, the EEOC states that employers can mandate vaccinations as a condition of employment. It has to do with workplace safety. SCOTUS ruled on the issue a few years ago. There are two exceptions: sincere religious belief and medical issues. It doesn't look like the unapproved vaccine having a EUA is a barrier.

DRM6000 04-08-2021 7:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffyhog (Post 25642934)
Forcing you to inject something into your body, much less something lacking a long term history is not a petty issue.

More people need to reject this.

I brought that up. There have been no long term tests done on the vaccines. I have a problem with an experimental substance injected into my body.

When the talk of protecting others came up, I very frankly stated "ultimately, I'm number one."

2shotjoe 04-08-2021 7:20 PM

What medical issues do you have?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SPUTTER 04-08-2021 7:22 PM

If you read the FDA EUA, it says it's voluntary. The EEOC, is in contradiction with the FDA EUA.
Not only that but the fact that it's even qualified as a vaccine is questionable. There's currently a lawsuit in New Mexico that I know of.

LBDamned 04-08-2021 7:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM6000 (Post 25642943)
From what I've read, the EEOC states that employers can mandate vaccinations as a condition of employment. It has to do with workplace safety. SCOTUS ruled on the issue a few years ago. There are two exceptions: sincere religious belief and medical issues. It doesn't look like the unapproved vaccine having a EUA is a barrier.

"workplace safety"?... employers have gone more than 12 months without a vaccine... pretty hard to say there's a safety issue.

Blackhawk556 04-08-2021 7:41 PM

Can’t we use the abortion defense against these scums? My body my choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epaphroditus 04-08-2021 7:48 PM

Mandatory to subject ones self to an experimental drug is utter insanity.

yoteassasin 04-08-2021 7:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HibikiR (Post 25642703)

Dammmnnn we got a boot licker over here boys !

Blackhawk556 04-08-2021 8:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoteassasin (Post 25643077)
Dammmnnn we got a boot licker over here boys !

https://media2.giphy.com/media/QXPmP...P4OQ/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choprzrul 04-08-2021 8:12 PM

If it's employer mandated, and you have any issues near term or long term, wouldn't that trigger a worker's comp claim?

Would having the mandate in writing aid in future worker's comp claims?

hermosabeach 04-08-2021 8:15 PM

Ask the Owners and any Board Members to sign a letter that they will cover all treatments should an issue come up related to the vaccine

Scota4570 04-08-2021 8:46 PM

I'll stand by my original advice. Arguing with idiots and bullies never turns out well. It would have been better to shut up and forge a card. Then use the time to find a better job.

Since that ship has sailed make them fire you. At least you get unemployment. But now getting a new job is going to be more difficult because they will bad mouth you when your employment history is checked.

Rakso 04-08-2021 8:48 PM

Quote:

I'd love to quit for a better payed job. Unfortunately nobody will pay me what I make there.

Gryff 04-08-2021 10:26 PM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.haml...1612194030.jpg

https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...2-1024x845.jpg

DRM6000 04-08-2021 10:38 PM

I've considered that and we even joke about that in office. I could not do the dishonest thing and fake it.