Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Turner's Outdoorsman (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   That One Turner's Guy (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1429021)

pacrat 10-03-2019 2:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarHonour (Post 23451098)
Wow that is some serious hostility in the last few posts. I haven't been on the forum in a bit, just logged in and noticed Turners had a vendor sub-forum now. Just wanted to say that I respect a businesses freedom to have their own policies in regards to how they run their business (as long as it is lawful).


lunarHonour,

If you had been around to read about the Turner's "policies" that are not lawful.
You would realize that the "serious hostility" is well deserved. And is customers voicing disapproval of policies that fall outside the law.

Turner's policies regarding,

LOCKS,.....
AMMO PPTS,.....
REFUSAL TO DELIVER ON "UNDETERMINED DOJ STATUS".

All fall outside the law. To the detriment of customers 2A rights. And even though we, the outspoken customers. Have repeatedly quoted the actual laws that govern those "extra legal" policies. The facts related to these laws and the discrepencies in Turner's policies, which are in conflict with those laws, have fallen on deaf ears.

BAGunner 10-19-2019 10:21 PM

@ThatOneTurnersGuy

For the non-featureless AR-style firearms, what mag lock device is Turner's using? Specifically I'm referring to the Lewis Machine and Tool MWS MLOK™ .308 Win 16" Barrel. I'm wondering if there is permanent alteration to the firearm that can't be undone once I moved to a free state. Is it possible to install the FC-HOOK instead of the Juggernaught kit I'm suspecting?

1681 11-13-2019 9:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacrat (Post 23471594)
lunarHonour,

If you had been around to read about the Turner's "policies" that are not lawful.
You would realize that the "serious hostility" is well deserved. And is customers voicing disapproval of policies that fall outside the law.

Turner's policies regarding,

LOCKS,.....
AMMO PPTS,.....
REFUSAL TO DELIVER ON "UNDETERMINED DOJ STATUS".

All fall outside the law. To the detriment of customers 2A rights. And even though we, the outspoken customers. Have repeatedly quoted the actual laws that govern those "extra legal" policies. The facts related to these laws and the discrepencies in Turner's policies, which are in conflict with those laws, have fallen on deaf ears.

Turner's is just trying to cover their asses with those moronic policies, which is no different than many other large/medium sized gun stores that try to operate like a quasi government agency.

And they will only listen when people stop buying stuff from them. After all, that's all they really care about.

1681 11-13-2019 9:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarHonour (Post 23451098)

Also it is really awesome that we actually now have a Turners here locally. I really hated the other local options in the Salinas area. The prices at Turners are way cheaper and the selection of used firearms is pretty sweet.

Many small gun shops have better service than big box stores like Turners', and customers are often dealing with the owner rather than just some hired hands at the lowest cost and has no authority to make any decision.

Prices on guns can be lower at small gun shops, along with different selection. Just be smart and call around to see what's available, along with checking on Calguns where no sales tax and negotiation can save even more.

If someone is happy with taking a number, waits at Turner's then be told about some BS policies then Turner's is their shop.

If someone values their time and service, then look for a small shop that can get things done quickly without the landmines, and develop a relationship where they know who you are and what you want.

and yes, I did plenty of purchases at Turner's in the past, along with small gun shops.

ShuttleDriver26 11-14-2019 12:55 PM

Any more polish mak p64?

ThatOneTurnersGuy 11-15-2019 7:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAGunner (Post 23524931)
@ThatOneTurnersGuy

For the non-featureless AR-style firearms, what mag lock device is Turner's using? Specifically I'm referring to the Lewis Machine and Tool MWS MLOKô .308 Win 16" Barrel. I'm wondering if there is permanent alteration to the firearm that can't be undone once I moved to a free state. Is it possible to install the FC-HOOK instead of the Juggernaught kit I'm suspecting?

Sorry for the late reply, none of the alterations for compliance can't be undone when in a free state. Some are easier than others but unfortunately the factories do the conversions and we can't have a one off done with the Fc-hook.
-chris

ThatOneTurnersGuy 11-15-2019 7:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShuttleDriver26 (Post 23602664)
Any more polish mak p64?

Sorry not at this time. Hopefully in the not to distant future.
-Chris

ngnrnlo 12-07-2019 12:56 PM

I loved and bought the Zastava Yugo mM57. Are you planning to have more surplus guns in the future? I would love to get a Makarov and a star BM.

23 Blast 12-20-2019 3:26 PM

Is Turners no longer carrying Savage Arms rifles?

I just browsed your website and was surprised that Savages dont seem listed anywhere.

Diamond Dog 07-05-2020 11:48 AM

Is there a salesperson at a Turner's store in Orange County that gets a lot of recommendations? Looking to purchase an AR15 from turners

ThatOneTurnersGuy 07-06-2020 5:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond Dog (Post 24490680)
Is there a salesperson at a Turner's store in Orange County that gets a lot of recommendations? Looking to purchase an AR15 from turners

Garrett is one of the managers there, great guy. Tell him Chris sent you.

Dirtlaw 07-06-2020 5:41 AM

Which store is closest to you? I am familiar with the Orange store.

lexo98 07-10-2020 3:13 PM

If I were to put a deposit on a rifle that I'm told will be available in about a month or so and then I get updated its going to be at least a six month wait. Is my deposit really not refundable?

sfe187 07-10-2020 5:19 PM

Store Mgr has the authority to refund deposits (case by case), but in general no they stick to their guns on that policy at first unless you raise hell or complaint up the chain.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 07-11-2020 5:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexo98 (Post 24512182)
If I were to put a deposit on a rifle that I'm told will be available in about a month or so and then I get updated its going to be at least a six month wait. Is my deposit really not refundable?

This always gets a little skewed. If we donít have a gun for you, the deposit is completely refundable. Once we have secured a gun and are holding it for you, you are essentially locked in to something.
Chris

baih777 07-12-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23 Blast (Post 23712100)
Is Turners no longer carrying Savage Arms rifles?

I just browsed your website and was surprised that Savages dont seem listed anywhere.

They stopped a couple of years ago. I have asked before. They won't comment on why they don't carry savage rifkes.

dw.watts 08-17-2020 9:34 PM

Good evening, Chris. I have a quick question. Called the Oxnard location last Saturday to inquire about the process for purchasing a rifle that is not stocked, in this case, it was a Bergara HMR Pro(BPR20-65MC or BPR20-65MCHB), I was told to just call when I was ready and it would be ordered. So today I called the same location(this time speaking to a different person)to get the process started. This time, I was told that they cannot order that rifle because it is not stocked. HUH?

I let the associate know that I was aware that it wasn’t stocked, and referenced my original Saturday call. I was told that my course of action should be to “go find one online and get it FFL’d at a local shop.”, and then I was asked why I wanted to purchase from Turner’s, to which I replied that I preferred to do business with Turner’s, specifically this location, due to the positive experiences I’ve had in the past.

So, no need to revisit the instance of, what I would call, poor customer service or inconsistencies between employees...instead let’s move on to clarification, please.

What’s the correct process? I’d really prefer to deal with Turner’s to buy this rifle, but at this point I’m not sure if that’s a possibility. Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 08-18-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dw.watts (Post 24681175)
Good evening, Chris. I have a quick question. Called the Oxnard location last Saturday to inquire about the process for purchasing a rifle that is not stocked, in this case, it was a Bergara HMR Pro(BPR20-65MC or BPR20-65MCHB), I was told to just call when I was ready and it would be ordered. So today I called the same location(this time speaking to a different person)to get the process started. This time, I was told that they cannot order that rifle because it is not stocked. HUH?

I let the associate know that I was aware that it wasnít stocked, and referenced my original Saturday call. I was told that my course of action should be to ďgo find one online and get it FFLíd at a local shop.Ē, and then I was asked why I wanted to purchase from Turnerís, to which I replied that I preferred to do business with Turnerís, specifically this location, due to the positive experiences Iíve had in the past.

So, no need to revisit the instance of, what I would call, poor customer service or inconsistencies between employees...instead letís move on to clarification, please.

Whatís the correct process? Iíd really prefer to deal with Turnerís to buy this rifle, but at this point Iím not sure if thatís a possibility. Thanks in advance for your input and advice.


First i apologize for the all over the place info you've gotten. For future reference nothing can be done over the phone and it's always best to head in store and speak with someone. At this time we are discouraging any special orders as you would essentially be at the tail end of what is assuredly a long list of orders. With guns that we regularly stock, we have open orders that are being filled and go to customers with deposits. We have these scheduled out over the year and essentially always have some stock going through the process. With a special order we are placing a brand new order into the production queue and with the current state of the world that would likely be a very long wait.

dw.watts 08-19-2020 5:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy (Post 24683458)
First i apologize for the all over the place info you've gotten. For future reference nothing can be done over the phone and it's always best to head in store and speak with someone. At this time we are discouraging any special orders as you would essentially be at the tail end of what is assuredly a long list of orders. With guns that we regularly stock, we have open orders that are being filled and go to customers with deposits. We have these scheduled out over the year and essentially always have some stock going through the process. With a special order we are placing a brand new order into the production queue and with the current state of the world that would likely be a very long wait.

Understood...bummer. Iíve had far less positive experiences with Sportsmanís, but I guess beggars canít be choosers. Thanks for the input.

lock_jaw 08-24-2020 1:43 PM

Hi there Chris,

I placed an order for a G19 in early July from the location in Orange. I've been calling here and there to reach someone but can never be connected (The line rings and goes to busy then disconnects). I'm just trying to check in on the status of the order.

Is there a better way?

Normally I would wait to be called but I had to poke several times on my purchase before this on a rifle. Long story here but i don't think it would have been DROSed (in a timely fashion) unless I would have called.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 08-25-2020 6:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lock_jaw (Post 24710973)
Hi there Chris,

I placed an order for a G19 in early July from the location in Orange. I've been calling here and there to reach someone but can never be connected (The line rings and goes to busy then disconnects). I'm just trying to check in on the status of the order.

Is there a better way?

Normally I would wait to be called but I had to poke several times on my purchase before this on a rifle. Long story here but i don't think it would have been DROSed (in a timely fashion) unless I would have called.

Shoot me a private message with you invoice number and I'll have a look.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 08-26-2020 6:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Django86 (Post 24714746)
When do the Turners stores get shipments in? Thank you.

We get shipments into the warehouse all the time each store gets thier allotment twice a week, if an order is placed for a gun in the warehouse, it will hit the store within a week tops.

Mau97 08-29-2020 2:21 PM

Hi Chris, will you have any wasr 10 rifles back in stock for the Fresno area. Thank you.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 08-31-2020 6:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mau97 (Post 24734452)
Hi Chris, will you have any wasr 10 rifles back in stock for the Fresno area. Thank you.

We have practially everything on order. Best option is to head in store and see what is available on deposit as likely wont be able to stock shelves for quite some time.

czakita 09-01-2020 11:05 PM

Any plans to open up North closer to San Carlos or San Jose areas?

1mikezat1 09-23-2020 12:04 AM

Hi! What's the wait time for Glock 17s nowadays please?
I put 20% down 3 mo ago.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 09-24-2020 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1mikezat1 (Post 24840778)
Hi! What's the wait time for Glock 17s nowadays please?
I put 20% down 3 mo ago.

We sold out in March and have been filling deposits since, they come in little at a time but there are lots of deposits. Shoot me a DM and I'll see where you are at.

Mail Clerk 10-04-2020 6:19 AM

That's not what I was told
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy (Post 24718742)
We get shipments into the warehouse all the time each store gets thier allotment twice a week, if an order is placed for a gun in the warehouse, it will hit the store within a week tops.

Chris,

I came in to your Torrance store and was told I can order what I wanted BUT the wait time would be two to six months!

If I went in and placed and order for an item would then can I expect a call in no more than a month?

Mail Clerk

ThatOneTurnersGuy 10-05-2020 7:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mail Clerk (Post 24888529)
Chris,

I came in to your Torrance store and was told I can order what I wanted BUT the wait time would be two to six months!

If I went in and placed and order for an item would then can I expect a call in no more than a month?

Mail Clerk


If a gun is in stock available in the warehouse itíll make it to the store within a week. If a deposit is placed it can take much longer. With the state of things and amoun of open deposits there is no definite eta on most guns right now. It CAN take 6 months. On average weíve seen anywhere from 4-10 weeks. On average. Right now nothing is set in stone.

Rover 10-08-2020 3:33 PM

Chris, what's the process for placing special orderes? Is it possible to do it via email? Or doe I need to go down to the store (Oxnard in my case) and do it in person?

Looking for a railed 1911, either TRP or Kimber Warrior II, any idea what lead times either are currently running?

ThatOneTurnersGuy 10-09-2020 5:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rover (Post 24907192)
Chris, what's the process for placing special orderes? Is it possible to do it via email? Or doe I need to go down to the store (Oxnard in my case) and do it in person?

Looking for a railed 1911, either TRP or Kimber Warrior II, any idea what lead times either are currently running?

As both of those are guns we are currently carrying it wouldn't be a special order per se. Right now we are taking deposits on both of those models. Just see an associate in store. Unfortunately right now as with most items there are no hard etas on either of those.

czakita 11-19-2020 11:00 PM

Is there a Black Friday ad? See nothing on the site.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 11-20-2020 6:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by czakita (Post 25085385)
Is there a Black Friday ad? See nothing on the site.

We've got something in the works but a traditional black friday event like we have done in the past is not possible in the current climate of no stock and covid restrictions.

czakita 11-28-2020 12:26 AM

Ok thanks for the update, been wondering what is going on with Turner's since most of your competition posted very early BF deals online, and, the deals already occurred. Really missing the boat on this BF Turner's.

brad96cdc 12-01-2020 8:49 PM

Turners coming to Bakersfield ?
2nd amendment sports converting to Turners on Sunday Dec 6 ? Saw it on FB so it had to be true


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ct78 12-02-2020 4:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy (Post 25085859)
We've got something in the works but a traditional black friday event like we have done in the past is not possible in the current climate of no stock and covid restrictions.

So we just gonna gloss over this and pretend it never happened? Black Friday and Cyber Monday came and went. I never saw a modified event.

keith1911 12-03-2020 7:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct78 (Post 25135918)
So we just gonna gloss over this and pretend it never happened? Black Friday and Cyber Monday came and went. I never saw a modified event.

They sent an email for Cyber Monday.

Tractionavant 12-04-2020 5:21 PM

Hello Chris
Do you see any Rossi Circuit Judge's available? Able to order one?
Thanks
Mark

ThatOneTurnersGuy 12-05-2020 4:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tractionavant (Post 25145317)
Hello Chris
Do you see any Rossi Circuit Judge's available? Able to order one?
Thanks
Mark

Not in ca

12iceman 12-05-2020 5:50 AM

Is there a better way to find out if Torrance has any Aero Precision lower receivers in stock other than to wait in the long line to speak to an associate? Given I expect the answer to often be no, it has not seemed worth asking given wait times are in excess of an hour or two and the phone lines are never picking up.

dragracingvw 12-05-2020 10:28 PM

Hello Chris, My Brother purchased a pistol at the Stockton store (San Joaquin County) today was day 7 of the DROS . It looks like they are shutting down the county again Monday. Will there be a by appointment only for pick up? If not what will happen to his purchase after 30 days? TIA

ThatOneTurnersGuy 12-06-2020 1:46 AM

No aero lowers available anytime soon. Taking deposits that are being filled slowly.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 12-06-2020 1:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragracingvw (Post 25150281)
Hello Chris, My Brother purchased a pistol at the Stockton store (San Joaquin County) today was day 7 of the DROS . It looks like they are shutting down the county again Monday. Will there be a by appointment only for pick up? If not what will happen to his purchase after 30 days? TIA

No plans on changing procedures as of yet. If we do well reach out.

Ryan45 12-08-2020 11:36 AM

Glock 34 restock soon for Southern California? Preferably Santa Clarita

ThatOneTurnersGuy 12-09-2020 2:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan45 (Post 25160124)
Glock 34 restock soon for Southern California? Preferably Santa Clarita

No hard eta. We have open orders that are filled in the order they were placed independent of location.

Bill Carson 12-09-2020 3:09 PM

I hope they dont eff up 2nd Amendment stores that they just bought.

edeval35 12-21-2020 6:21 PM

How are you guys doing with ammo at your stores? My shops that I started going to are pretty much out of ammo and I stopped going to my local Turners in West Covina years ago because every time I would go in there the guys would just stand around in groups or even by themselves. I would literally be there about an hour looking at the gun displays and nobody would bother asking me if I need assistance and when I would interrupt to ask questions or purchase some ammo they would just give me an attitude or tell me hold on cause their conversation is more important.

ThatOneTurnersGuy 12-22-2020 3:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edeval35 (Post 25216523)
How are you guys doing with ammo at your stores? My shops that I started going to are pretty much out of ammo and I stopped going to my local Turners in West Covina years ago because every time I would go in there the guys would just stand around in groups or even by themselves. I would literally be there about an hour looking at the gun displays and nobody would bother asking me if I need assistance and when I would interrupt to ask questions or purchase some ammo they would just give me an attitude or tell me hold on cause their conversation is more important.

Ammo is coming in fairly regularly but sells out just as fast. Youíll have to check in store for availability at that time.

darkstar2000 02-01-2021 6:09 PM

Any idea when the Ruger GP 100 stainless 4.2inch gonna come in ? My local Turners told me either Feb 2021 or March 2021. Dont mind the wait actually

user name 02-01-2021 8:45 PM

Hello Chris, any Zastava M70's otw?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.