Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Has anyone gotten VA's outpatient chiropractic care?

I was wondering if it's even worth trying to get the referral. Already in the system but don't know if it's worth the time trying to figure it out. According to the website, closest VA that provides it is in Los Angeles for in-patient.
If you've done it, how long did it take to get approved?

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2014, 7:51 AM
Banned

In for answers. My back has been in snap city for a while.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

I'll let you know after tomorrow. I got an appt for both my neck and back tomorrow. I live about 1 1/2 hrs from Loma linda so going there everytime isnt an option. Plus the fact that it was just under 2 months from appt scheduling to actually getting seen. Gonna talk to them about getting a reevaluation on my neck. It has gotten to the point where I'm taking motrin and tylenol every day for the pain.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Tag, I am also interested as well. I was just there yesterday VA Long Beach and saw the sign while getting my treatment for TBI.

WTT VP9 with Garret Industries Holster
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1191907
Old 06-26-2014, 3:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonanda View Post
I'll let you know after tomorrow. I got an appt for both my neck and back tomorrow. I live about 1 1/2 hrs from Loma linda so going there everytime isnt an option. Plus the fact that it was just under 2 months from appt scheduling to actually getting seen. Gonna talk to them about getting a reevaluation on my neck. It has gotten to the point where I'm taking motrin and tylenol every day for the pain.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I have to pay out of pocket and its going to run me 200 a month for weekly visits. Since this is service related, I'd use the va if I have the chance. Tricare will not cover it even with a referral and I'm an hour and a half away from the nearest base that has chiropractic care.
Old 06-27-2014, 8:21 AM

I've been able to get out patient physical therapy, but not chiro yet. Just remember, if they deny it, file a complaint with the patient advocate.

If you are having to drive very far for service - file a complaint.
If they are changing appointment times on you - file a complaint.

They do paperwork on us, we should. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I've also noticed that many of us will gripe, but few will do the paperwork on it. That's a problem!

2L Student. Nothing is legal advice, just simply my 2 cents worth of opinions.
Old 06-27-2014, 9:53 PM

I get out patient care for my back now. It takes a lot of work and time on your part to get the VA to pay for it and they might not pay for all of it based on your condition.

Step 1.
When you go to the chiropractor make sure you note the wait time and what not and when you see your primary care doctor tell him that it is taking to long for you to be seen and he isnt really doing enough to help you.

Step 2.
They are going to send you to another VA doctor and your going to have to do the same process again.

Step 3.
It will probably happen a total of three to four times before they will allow you to go out and find one your self. When they do allow it they are going to give you a list of doctors that they know in the area that they will be willing to pay for.

Step 4.
You need to try about two or three of these before they allow you to find your own. When you do find one make sure you get any finical information from said doctor to make sure you can submit it to the VA and allow them to pay for it. Now for me I still have to pay a $10 dollar copay for mine but that is because he is a little different than a normal doctor(he drops me into a pool and uses weights to pull my spine back into place).

Hope this helps if anyone else has questions let me know.
Old 06-28-2014, 7:49 AM
Veteran Member

No joy from the appt yesterday. I will be requesting VA outpatient, as my next appt isnt until some time in late august.

FS Fortis Rev Free float 12" AR-15 Rail BNIB
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1197385
Old 06-28-2014, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

Yes, I had 6 visits. ****ing disappointment and it was 50 each way for a drive to PHX (100miles RT x6). They use an activator vs regular adjustments, and tv never helped a thing, nor did he seem to care when I continually told him that there's no improvement.

ETA: that's for VA treatment. They haven't authorized another doc yet.

Last edited by hitman13; 06-28-2014 at 9:54 AM..
Old 06-28-2014, 4:17 PM
Calguns Addict

humm... I just sent email to my primary doctor in VA. I asked him if he could put me down on that list for my back pain.

WTT VP9 with Garret Industries Holster
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1191907