Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 6:04 AM

So many crazy guys at Angeles shooting range sometimes I feel like I should wear my Kevlar vest there just to be on the safe side some knucklehead could easily pop off around and you could be the recipient

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2013, 6:12 AM

This, my friends, is what happens when you have a *near* monopoly on shooting outdoors near Los Angeles.

You are able to treat the customers like dirt with impunity.

When gas hits nearly $4 per gallon, it starts to make going to ASR more tolerable than going to Burro Canyon or farther away.
Old 12-02-2013, 6:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post

I know RO's see a lot of knucklehead things during their working hours, but if you cant handle your job and be courteous then find another line of work.
Totally agree. Customer service is the basis on how business is built. You can explain the rules and not be a DB at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinkman View Post
This, my friends, is what happens when you have a *near* monopoly on shooting outdoors near Los Angeles.

You are able to treat the customers like dirt with impunity.

When gas hits nearly $4 per gallon, it starts to make going to ASR more tolerable than going to Burro Canyon or farther away.
If I were faced with being treated like dirt at a local range or driving 30 miles to shoot at a friendlier place, it ain't rocket science to determine which one I would go go.

I think Yelp.com is our best friend. Places that treat customers like dirt should be written up with a scathing review. Go to yelp and look up El Cajon Gun Exchange in El Cajon for some good examples.

Front Sight Commander Member www.frontsight.com
NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
Old 12-02-2013, 8:23 AM

Girl Shoots a 50cal Handgun 2x and kills herself!!!!
and a good video on Range Safety!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5dh9pphlIQ
Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't get why you'd give a beginner more than ONE round in a magnum handgun anyways.

The one to be shot could be yourself.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

I was just talking about it with a friend about that
Put one round and that's it...
Old 12-02-2013, 3:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
Girl Shoots a 50cal Handgun 2x and kills herself!!!!
and a good video on Range Safety!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5dh9pphlIQ
Thanks for sharing but what does it have to do with the original post? There was no safety issue in the story.
Old 12-02-2013, 4:16 PM

Dua? Are we talking about Over active ROs? Death & lawsuits are avoided when safety is pushed Hard. 117 lawsuits of experience = I known what liability management is... Attitude wrong, but if I was a judge or ***. DA, politeness works 4 sales & customers but not Liability reduction!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2013, 4:25 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

It's sad how many public-range ROs act like douchebags. Not all of them are jerks, but it seems like a decent percentage let their authority and responsibility eclipse their manners and personal interaction skills.
Old 12-02-2013, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
Dua? Are we talking about Over active ROs? Death & lawsuits are avoided when safety is pushed Hard. 117 lawsuits of experience = I known what liability management is... Attitude wrong, but if I was a judge or ***. DA, politeness works 4 sales & customers but not Liability reduction!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enegue View Post
Thanks for sharing but what does it have to do with the original post? There was no safety issue in the story.
Agreed. This was NOT a SAFETY issue. This was a range RULES issue about not allowing targets at 300 yards on that particular day. Basically the guy, who apparently didn't know the non-posted rule, took up too much of this RO's time and patience and pissed him off. Please re-read the original post and let's judge the RO's behavior based upon the situation.

I assume we can all agree that we appreciate when an RO gets onto someone who is being unsafe. I absolutely welcome every bit of it! I don't want myself or someone getting hurt or even killed during an activity that I absolutely love. If that takes yelling at someone, so be it. I've witnessed my share of knuckleheads at ASR and most everything is dealt with swiftly and what I would describe as "in an appropriate manner."

This story, if exactly as it appeared, was NOT the appropriate way of doing things.

Last edited by cwilliams; 12-02-2013 at 5:12 PM..
Old 12-03-2013, 3:44 PM
yeah buddy!
CGN Contributor

Why didn't anyone complain to the manager about this A**HOLE??!!!

NEVER accept RUDE customer service, EVER, even if it does not happen to you.

If I saw that I would have verbally assaulted the RSO, taken him to the manager and tried my best to get him fired. I would have also recruited other shooters as witnesses, and DONE MY ABSOLUTE BEST to get that RSO FIRED IMMEDIATELY.

At the very least he would have ended up on management's radar and most likely started to be nicer to patrons.

Stop tolerating this kind of behavior. Harass these idiots until they find other work they can actually do, like digging ditches or cleaning septic tanks.
Old 12-15-2013, 9:06 AM
Clan of the Hunt's
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Why didn't anyone complain to the manager about this A**HOLE??!!!

NEVER accept RUDE customer service, EVER, even if it does not happen to you.

If I saw that I would have verbally assaulted the RSO, taken him to the manager and tried my best to get him fired. I would have also recruited other shooters as witnesses, and DONE MY ABSOLUTE BEST to get that RSO FIRED IMMEDIATELY.

At the very least he would have ended up on management's radar and most likely started to be nicer to patrons.

Stop tolerating this kind of behavior. Harass these idiots until they find other work they can actually do, like digging ditches or cleaning septic tanks.
^^^^^ This!!!!

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." -Albert Einstein
Old 12-29-2013, 8:29 PM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

Let me start out by saying that I've been going to ASR for 8+ years now and it is still my favorite range. I always try and break conversation with the RO's and they're always friendly. There are times when I've seen airheads / knuckleheads / clowns shoot there and the RO will always be on top of the situation. Honestly, I believe that the RO's were still somewhat aggravated that weekend because the range caught fire that Thursday Thanksgiving. Someone was shooting steel core ammo (the exact brand: MFS 7.62x39 SP 125gr - Big 5 had it on sale for Black Friday week) and the bits caught the surrounding dry brush on fire. I'm assuming I recognize the ill-mannered RO who sparked this thread, so I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of his behavior, the guy deserves backlash. But the very next day on Dec. 1st - that very same RO fairly sternly informed me and my group that our AK-47 ammo was steel core. He didn't overstep and come off as a d*ck or a**hole about it. (So I assume someone did have a talk with his manager about what he did the other day.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus343 View Post
oh I think I know who you are talking about
wears those Oakley M frames right?

mid 20s right? shaved head?
I think I know who you're talking about too. Oakley frame with Fire Iridium lenses? Can't remember his name but I'm not surprised about his attitude either. I've chatted with him a few times before (not about this incident, never knew about it til now) and he can be sort of a pompous guy.

If anybody was there Dec. 1st - I was the guy having a BBQ at the parking lot picnic tables before shooting

*Disclaimer: I'm no lawyer. So don't take my advice as counsel.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -Ronald Reagan

Last edited by KingChiron; 12-29-2013 at 8:31 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 8:36 PM
Veteran Member

you know honestly, I follow all rules, and not be an idiot
the RO's don't bother me at all

lol only time they'll bother me is if one of my friend's are shooting a really exotic gun and they are curious etc etc

Old 12-29-2013, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingChiron View Post
Let me start out by saying that I've been going to ASR for 8+ years now and it is still my favorite range. I always try and break conversation with the RO's and they're always friendly. There are times when I've seen airheads / knuckleheads / clowns shoot there and the RO will always be on top of the situation. Honestly, I believe that the RO's were still somewhat aggravated that weekend because the range caught fire that Thursday Thanksgiving. Someone was shooting steel core ammo (the exact brand: MFS 7.62x39 SP 125gr - Big 5 had it on sale for Black Friday week) and the bits caught the surrounding dry brush on fire. I'm assuming I recognize the ill-mannered RO who sparked this thread, so I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of his behavior, the guy deserves backlash. But the very next day on Dec. 1st - that very same RO fairly sternly informed me and my group that our AK-47 ammo was steel core. He didn't overstep and come off as a d*ck or a**hole about it. (So I assume someone did have a talk with his manager about what he did the other day.)

I think I know who you're talking about too. Oakley frame with Fire Iridium lenses? Can't remember his name but I'm not surprised about his attitude either. I've chatted with him a few times before (not about this incident, never knew about it til now) and he can be sort of a pompous guy.

If anybody was there Dec. 1st - I was the guy having a BBQ at the parking lot picnic tables before shooting
yeah that's the guy, one of my friend (who is also a CGN member) put his brass in an EMPTY bucket because he wanted to clean it, so he picked it up and tossed his brass around inside and then dumped it into his box he came and used some real nasty words and I thought he was about to fight us
at least approach us politely but assertively sheesh

Old 12-29-2013, 9:02 PM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

wow... sounds like he's becoming notorious

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -Ronald Reagan
Old 12-29-2013, 9:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingChiron View Post
wow... sounds like he's becoming notorious
this was like a year ago LOL

I do like how they call people out, people need to be put on the spot

Old 12-29-2013, 9:10 PM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

lol, agreed

Old 12-29-2013, 9:49 PM

I've had good luck at asr and prefer to go there over other places. I have never been on a weekend.

but no matter how bad that is uncalled for. if it is bad rso should politely remove him or review rules.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Maybe the RSO was a high strung tactical operator just back from yet another dangerous mission downrange and under a lot of stress.

Or maybe he was a fat slob in a sweaty ballcap with a bullhorn who gets a thrill out being "in charge" of something for a few hours a week at the range.
I bet his other job is as a marshall at a golf course.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
Maybe the RSO was a high strung tactical operator just back from yet another dangerous mission downrange and under a lot of stress.

Or maybe he was a fat slob in a sweaty ballcap with a bullhorn who gets a thrill out being "in charge" of something for a few hours a week at the range.
I bet his other job is as a marshall at a golf course.
not really, I think he's just got too much pride. pompous is the word I would choose to associate with him

Old 12-30-2013, 4:32 AM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGlockALott View Post
hate that place, so rude
a couple of bad eggs should not spoil the whole dozen. ASR is still a good range

Old 12-30-2013, 10:48 AM

I've noticed too that the staff their are pretty rude to people. That's 1 reason why I hardly go there anymore.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=FearKrew;12883590]If anyone has ever been to Los Altos Rod and Gun Club in Los Gatos, CA they will know what it's like to experience superior customer service at a range. [QUOTE]
Speak for yourself, I've had horrible experiences there and will never go back.

I know what this man needs, bring me the bourbon!
-CK Medic 538
Old 12-30-2013, 1:00 PM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmark View Post
-CK Medic 538
Here, drink this. It'll save your life.

Old 12-30-2013, 2:14 PM

Ill never forget my partner saying that onscene lmao

-CK Medic 538
Old 12-30-2013, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearKrew View Post
If anyone has ever been to Los Altos Rod and Gun Club in Los Gatos, CA they will know what it's like to experience superior customer service at a range. RSO's set very clear safety expectations and the owners are very helpful.

Too bad more ranges cannot be like that one, especially in Southern California, as Los Gatos is about a 9 hour drive from the IE.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/los-altos-ro...club-los-gatos
Went to LAR&G for the first time right after xmas. Had a very positive experience.

Sounds like that safety officer or whatever he is was an *******. Perhaps a link to this thread can be emailed to the range.
Old 12-30-2013, 4:16 PM

Default ASR RUDE????

Where's ASR???
What Angeles Shooting range???
Old 12-30-2013, 4:42 PM
Calgoon
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey joe View Post
Where's ASR???
What Angeles Shooting range???
Shooting range near Lake View Terrace. Off Osborne @ the 210.
http://angelesranges.com/
Old 12-30-2013, 5:06 PM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

Outdoor Shooting Range

Google Map

Old 12-30-2013, 5:28 PM

Angeles Shooting Range?

Oh hell no! I've been there twice years ago and the RO's were rude and pathetic!

I'll never spend my money at that place.