Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 5:35 PM

Default need help with 80% in LA!! and optic help!

so its my first build, i have everything i need except a Friend with a cnc thats looking to give me some guidance, i work a lot and am only free on the weekends, and very rarely week days..
does anyone know of someone in los angeles that can help me out?
also once i get it milled out do i have to cable lock it for transport? install bullet button before transfer?

and the last thing i'm curious to know about is the optics... i want the best performance without the high high price, what do you guys suggest..
red/green dot or holographic for a 16" bcm upper....

thanks in advance for the help
Old 11-15-2013, 6:47 AM
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin562 View Post
a Friend with a cnc thats looking to give me some guidance
There are too many threads to count in the last month that revolves around this very statement. Ain't happenin'. ATF has been shutting them all down. Unless this is a LE troll, my suggestion is to watch some Youtube videos, get some tools, and figure out how to complete it. It can be done, and this is how people have been doing it for years within the law. Unfortunately, CNC shops got greedy and advertised in recent years, bringing scrutiny and eventually the reality we now live with.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:31 AM

For the first question, I have no clue. I'm on the same boat. For the second, I have heard nothing but good things about the vortex strike fire.