Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 7:53 PM

Default BLM Land

Still trying to navigate this great website, but I'm interested in finding out about BLM land that is close to Orange County to target shoot.
Any links, suggested locations and info would be great.

I'll be shooting my AK 47 and Lever Action 30-30. I'm sure I'd bring the hand guns to so they wouldn't feel left out.

Thanks for your assistance
Old 10-27-2013, 7:29 AM
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor

There really is nothing "close" to Orange County. Your best bet is to go to Hodge Road south of Barstow (on the WEST side of I-15) or areas north of Barstow. There are threads on Hodge Road in these forums that will explain what you need to know. There are some spots in Riverside County, apparently, but I don't know where they are. However, Riverside County land is fewer and far between, and county ordinances prohibit shooting in most of the areas closest to OC.

The thing to know is people generally won't just give you their spots. If you read on here enough, you'll see that shooting spots quickly become trashed once enough people find out about them, and then BLM shuts it down. If you take up BLM shooting, please be a good steward to the land and to gun owners, and leave the place better than you found it. This means picking up all trash and casings, and not using trash as targets (i.e. don't take out old electronics to shoot).

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 10-27-2013, 7:31 AM
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor

Oh, I forgot to add that you need to get maps. You need to order maps from BLM as well as picking up one of the San Bernardino County shooting ordinance maps.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 10-27-2013, 8:00 AM

Thanks BumBum - I'm new to shooting rifles (outside of the military), so trying to find a spot to shoot my (recently purchased) AK47 has been challenging. It sounds like Burros may be my best bet. Just trying to do it right.

I agree with you, I'm a big believer in leaving a site cleaner than when I get there. It only takes one or two knuckle heads to ruin a good thing.
Old 10-27-2013, 8:02 AM

Default I have the map and I'll try to post it for download!

I have the map and I'll try to post it for download!
But be careful, most areas of Calif. are not really open to the public!
Even my private property is "REGULATED" per California Law, 1 acre to 640 acres, noise is the window LEO uses to stop any "gun fire".

Last edited by repo4sale; 03-20-2015 at 5:11 PM..
Old 10-27-2013, 1:08 PM
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks57 View Post
Thanks BumBum - I'm new to shooting rifles (outside of the military), so trying to find a spot to shoot my (recently purchased) AK47 has been challenging. It sounds like Burros may be my best bet.
Nothing wrong with Burro Canyon. I go there a bit, as well as to Angeles. Angeles is very nice, but a little further away from the OC. I haven't ever been to Lytle Creek, but based on what I have read about it, I probably will skip that place.

Old 10-28-2013, 1:34 PM

Just a reminder. Until its the wet season, both burro and angeles wont allow magnet attracting bullets.

Closest BLM to OC would be Perris or Bee's Canyon. You can check out the threads in the range stories, join a clean up to get the location.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 AM

come out to the zombie shoot this weekend with the rest of the calgunners and check out the BLM land
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=799741
Old 11-17-2013, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
Even my private property is "REGULATED" per California Law, 1 acre to 640 acres, noise is the window LEO uses to stop any "gun fire".
Little off topic but I swear I see you walking around San Clemente..Correct me if im wrong. Your pic is very distinctive.
Old 01-28-2014, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
Does a map of this type exist for Riverside? I've been looking EVERYWHERE