Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 11-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
If this is the case than the whole "unwritten rule" thing is crap
Then simply do not attend. It is your prerogative. When directions to various location are posted, the unintended consequences are that some people attend who don't care what kind of mess they leave. Since, as Moezer stated in his OP, we don't want to lose what shooting areas we have, that is what we request. It really isn't that hard of a request to go along with and you can always ask for directions via pm. I'm sure someone here will be willing to provide them.

Hope to see you there. I won't be able to do any cleaning to speak of due to being only 3 months post surgerical knee replacement, but I will try to be there for at least moral support and I have a pick up for trash.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
Then simply do not attend. It is your prerogative. When directions to various location are posted, the unintended consequences are that some people attend who don't care what kind of mess they leave. Since, as Moezer stated in his OP, we don't want to lose what shooting areas we have, that is what we request. It really isn't that hard of a request to go along with and you can always ask for directions via pm. I'm sure someone here will be willing to provide them.

Hope to see you there. I won't be able to do any cleaning to speak of due to being only 3 months post surgerical knee replacement, but I will try to be there for at least moral support and I have a pick up for trash.
I agree, we (CGNers) are trying to save this place for our recreational shooting pleasure. Posting locations, coordinates, or directions in a public forum is counter productive to our cause. <-- Keeping it clean and open! The general public that uses this location are filthy pigs; leaving trash, targets, brass, shot shells, televisions, couches, refrigerators, etc. everywhere. I always pack out 2+ trash cans and clean the site I use... if only everyone could do the same!

We perform these cleanups to keep the BLM from closing this spot. Nearly every gun shop in the Riverside/Perris area is aware of and shares this sites whereabouts. There are also BLM maps showing the location. And, there are also plenty of hints here if you keep searching on calguns.

Seek and ye shall find...

On a side note...

I'm a sad boy today as the anodizer couldn't get to my lower yesterday.
I wont have my new AR built for tomorrow!!! <-- unless they finish it today and I drive to San Diego to pick it up!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx

Last edited by Darryl Licht; 11-15-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Old 11-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Is 4WD necessary in this area?

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Is 4WD necessary in this area?
4-by not needed, but you want a vehicle with hi clearance!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 11-15-2013, 1:45 PM

Hello there Calgunners,
So here we are, the day before the perris clean up. I have donated our shops 3 yard trash bin for trash disposal. Hope all that can come will come. My shop will be donating to the first 5 gunners with trucks that are willing to haul trash away a free oil change, tire rotation, and brake insp. This is in appreciation to members going the extra mile. So don't miss out. Hope to meet you all.
P.S. the oil change is good for gas or diesel light duty trucks. Any questions please feel free to pm me
Old 11-15-2013, 4:28 PM

Will be there. Might be a little late.
Old 11-15-2013, 4:38 PM
Calguns Addict

officiallly in

bring truck f150
shovel,rake,stiff rakesome trashbags,some cones.

bringing 5 30rd rebuild kit at 10 dollars a piece in case anyone is interested.
Old 11-15-2013, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraalmar View Post
Hello there Calgunners,
So here we are, the day before the perris clean up. I have donated our shops 3 yard trash bin for trash disposal. Hope all that can come will come. My shop will be donating to the first 5 gunners with trucks that are willing to haul trash away a free oil change, tire rotation, and brake insp. This is in appreciation to members going the extra mile. So don't miss out. Hope to meet you all.
P.S. the oil change is good for gas or diesel light duty trucks. Any questions please feel free to pm me

WOW... Way to go miraalmar!

Calgun members, this is a top notch shop in Murrieta and they are offering free oil changes to the first 5 guys with trucks hauling trash...... Thank you miraalmar.

His dumpster will be open to anyone heading home through Murrieta that wants to unload there.
Old 11-15-2013, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer View Post
Anthem: Thanks for the post... except the part about me being full of carp but no hard feelings. I looked at how the last event was organized and how the questions on thread were handled and continued on the same way. I cant say I disagree with it. As best as I can tell the approach by most folks on the calguns cleanup thread was that the information is out there, just don't expect me to spoon feed you. And you just proved how easy it is to find the exact location.

In any case, I hope you consider coming out and tomorrow. If not to help with the clean up then to shoot afterwards.
I wasn't saying you were full of crap, nor did I mean to imply that. My apologies. I think what you are organizing is great, and I just may meet you out there, but it will have to be a bit later.

Sorry for crapping on your thread.
Old 11-15-2013, 7:10 PM

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to come out and lend a hand.

Just as a reminder, we'll meet up at 7AM by the Calguns sign as you enter the shooting area.
Old 11-15-2013, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
I wasn't saying you were full of crap, nor did I mean to imply that. My apologies. I think what you are organizing is great, and I just may meet you out there, but it will have to be a bit later.

Sorry for crapping on your thread.
Thank you and no worries man, hope to see you out there.
Old 11-15-2013, 9:45 PM
Super Moderator

Have a good time everyone. Something has come up and I won't be able to make it. A little more healing won't hurt and I hope to be able to make the next one.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Are we doing this rain or shine? It's nearly midnight in Riverside and it is raining now, with more rain forecast for the morning...

If its raining at 6AM, I think I'm out, and going back to bed.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 11:39 PM

Everytime I see a post about Perris BLM pop up whether for cleaning or not it just turns into a huge pissing war over directions. I think by not sharing the directions of land we all pay for with taxes is a shame. I know where it is so I dont need directions so dont take it as that. That said not sharing shooting spots discourages people from getting into shooting and having an active role in protecting the second amendment in California. Isn't this website a brotherhood of people for that right?

I believe all threads regarding Perris BLM should just be deleted/not allowed. If people wanna perform a cleanup do it through PM. I have only been on this forum for a short time and the overwhelming amount of people I have met on here remind me of your typical know it all, ego maniac gun store employee. In my mind this website hurts the cause more then helps it. That is all.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Are we doing this rain or shine? It's nearly midnight in Riverside and it is raining now, with more rain forecast for the morning...

If its raining at 6AM, I think I'm out, and going back to bed.
WTF??? It is raining? Oh damn... I got some things outside that I gotta put in...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 11-16-2013, 5:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4WD View Post
Everytime I see a post about Perris BLM pop up whether for cleaning or not it just turns into a huge pissing war over directions. I think by not sharing the directions of land we all pay for with taxes is a shame. I know where it is so I dont need directions so dont take it as that. That said not sharing shooting spots discourages people from getting into shooting and having an active role in protecting the second amendment in California. Isn't this website a brotherhood of people for that right?

I believe all threads regarding Perris BLM should just be deleted/not allowed. If people wanna perform a cleanup do it through PM. I have only been on this forum for a short time and the overwhelming amount of people I have met on here remind me of your typical know it all, ego maniac gun store employee. In my mind this website hurts the cause more then helps it. That is all.
Nobody said don't share them, just don't do it in an open forum! I share the location readily in FTF encounters. You are welcome to your own opinion!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 5:53 AM
Veteran Member

10 minutes away and the weathers not bad
Old 11-16-2013, 8:14 AM

Nasty sinus infection, sorry, I really wanted to be there. Sucks as I'm supposed to host my sons birthday party tonight for about 30 friends and family.
Old 11-16-2013, 8:39 AM

Went out last weekend w/ two gkids and we filled two big trash bags with hulls and plastic trash. It was all we could fit in the Jeep.

I had gkids clean up one bag before shooting and another when we were done.

FYI-Keep your eyes open for lady picking up brass- she thinks she's Kevlar and can dodge bullets, We stopped 3X due to her ignorance of fire line/muzzle control and safety, I was pissed but, then realized what a good lesson it was for the kids...I also gave her a short course in safety...

Take more out than you take in

gb
Old 11-16-2013, 9:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4WD View Post

You are entitled to your opinion, but that isn't going to happen. Also, re the underlined, if you honestly feel this way, give me the word and I will take care of your membership for you. The internet is a big place and I'm sure you can find a site more to your liking since you do not care for this one.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Calguns Addict

some quick pics i took

Last edited by stitchnicklas; 05-09-2014 at 4:56 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 1:25 PM

(it doesn't look it, but that's an 8 ft bed)

Old 11-16-2013, 2:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for getting this organized Moe! Great meeting you all!

I got lucky on the drive home... I noticed there was a neighborhood cleanup drop-off just north of the shooting area at the G. H. General Store. Pulled up and they even helped me unload everything into their dumpsters!

PS - I barely made it to my grandsons game, but I got there!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 2:42 PM

A BIG THANK YOU to chknlyps2, miraalmar & company, Darryl Licht, PocketSand, Robertras & Andrew, Stitchnicklas & Tim, Gwanghoops, SaD Guy and Boltmopar (I’m sorry if I missed anyone…) for giving up their Saturday morning to help out. I’d also like to thank Retired, Eat Dirt & chknlyps2 for their support and guidance and miraalmar for donating oil changes for those hauling trash away.

I know there are a lot of responsible folks out there (Calgunners and others) that not only clean up after themselves and do their part to collect the trash others have left behind. Just this morning I saw a couple setting up for the day and they were out there raking up shotgun shells before they started shooting. However the reality is that there is way too much trash for one or two people to handle on their own and you really need an organized group to control the area so all of the large pieces of trash can be collected.
Old 11-16-2013, 5:55 PM
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor

I shoot out there when I visit the mother-inlaw in Riverside. As for it being a secret? lol,,, Not really.. Might get a chance next during Christmas

It appears you guys did a good job out there

BTW- I spy that CMP case

-178S

Last edited by One78Shovel; 11-16-2013 at 6:49 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 6:07 PM
CGSSA Specialist

Outstanding Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent work

Sorry I couldn't be there as I had a proir comitment.......
Last week at the Hemet Veterans days event at Weston park
There was '1776' full size Americian flags in rows in the park

So this morning myself and 30 volunteers helped pull out and roll up 1776 Flags
But I did have my Cal-Gun shirt on

Tumbled BRASS For Sale

Just check my Long Running Thread : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=262832
Old 11-16-2013, 6:41 PM
Calguns Addict

always to do my part in keeping areas open....

even thought there were psycho groups out there giving us a near crossfire situation. felt like a ambush almost.....
Old 11-18-2013, 7:09 PM

It was great meeting you guys, and its always nice to see BLM and openspace in general get cleaner. that being said i think that last weekend will be the last time i shoot at steel peak. the number of shooters out there shooting in an unsafe manner is disturbing and dangerous. when Andrew and i were done shooting and were heading back we were almost shot by a lady with a shotgun that was shooting trap over the road. not only that but her shooting group also had multiple targets set up on/near the road. Stuff like this makes me think that this area is too unsafe for my use, and i will be looking for somewhere else to shoot in the future.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertras View Post
It was great meeting you guys, and its always nice to see BLM and openspace in general get cleaner. that being said i think that last weekend will be the last time i shoot at steel peak. .
this is the first time i seen it that bad...
Old 11-19-2013, 7:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
this is the first time i seen it that bad...
I've never seen so many people there so damn early in the morning!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 1:58 AM
CGSSA Leader

Really nice job... I wish I was there.

Me and my son will be out there on Sunday with some newbies. I will be sure to fill them in on leaving with more trash than we came with.

I already have the rake, gloves, and trash bags in the 4runner.

Again awesome job to everyone out there.
Old 11-21-2013, 5:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearKrew View Post
Really nice job... I wish I was there.

Me and my son will be out there on Sunday with some newbies. I will be sure to fill them in on leaving with more trash than we came with.

I already have the rake, gloves, and trash bags in the 4runner.

Again awesome job to everyone out there.
There are way too many people there on weekends with ZERO regard for safety. Mark my words... someone's going to get shot/killed there and the BLM will use that as leverage to close this place permanently!

During both our cleanup and our shoot afterwards, there were numerous times when a ricochet went flying over us. Too many dirtbags shooting at rocks and not checking to see what or who is over the next hill!

I'd think twice about taking any newbs there on a weekend... a weekday no problem!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 5:46 AM

Go as far back as possible to avoid other groups. I'd never shoot near other shooters unless I could control or knew everyone was competent including those in my own party.

Been there on a weekday...very nice not to have the wild west rapid fire that was going last weekend.

Normally, I'd never say anything to other groups shooting, but we had enough trucks & guys with us that we could have stopped and alerted the rock shooters & shotgun people near the road about their unsafe practices and preach the cleanup rules.

I hope we continue doing this periodically like every month.
Old 11-21-2013, 5:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwanghoops View Post
Go as far back as possible to avoid other groups. I'd never shoot near other shooters unless I could control or knew everyone was competent including those in my own party.

Been there on a weekday...very nice not to have the wild west rapid fire that was going last weekend.

Normally, I'd never say anything to other groups shooting, but we had enough trucks & guys with us that we could have stopped and alerted the rock shooters & shotgun people near the road about their unsafe practices and preach the cleanup rules.

I hope we continue doing this periodically like every month.
It'd would be awesome if we could get there at dawn and have 2 or 3 Cal Guns members stationed at the entrance handing out brochures and reminding shooters about possible BLM closure/cleanup and safety.

Thoughts? Perhaps it would help if they were young, female, and hot... might get dudes attention better!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 1:55 PM
CGSSA Leader

By newbies I meant new to the range, but experienced shooters... we will be there at Sunrise I doubt we will have any issues. I go several times a year and have never had any issues.

I also have no problem correcting any unsafe acts, so that helps. When you look authoritative and act it people seem to respond very well.

Thanks for the advice though, have a good one.
Old 11-23-2013, 4:55 PM
Veteran Member

I spoke to BLM a couple days ago to let them know we made a dent in the trash. The rep I spoke with was extremely happy and said to tell all of you thanks! About 2 hours later the head of the office (a guy I have never spoke to) called me to personally say thanks to all of you. I spoke with him for a bit and said we were thinking of another small cleanup after the holidays, told him how many people were there at 7 am and he said with some notice we will be able to have a ranger there to keep the place cold.

Thanks to all of you!
Old 11-23-2013, 8:25 PM

yea, great job to all that pitched in on this last cleanup. Thanks for making that call Robbie. Im sorry i couldnt make it to this last one, but i would like to be at the next one after the holidays.
And i really like the passing out of flyers idea to all the fellow shooters out there to make them awhere of all the stuff they need to know to be safe and keep our place clean.
we could come up with one and post here for everyone to print out and use.
Old 11-24-2013, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
he said with some notice we will be able to have a ranger there to keep the place cold.

Thanks to all of you!

Thank you for contacting BLM and keeping them informed. It might be easier for some folks if we stay with the third Saturday of the month as it’s a free dump day in some areas. What do you guys think of January 18 for the next round? Most people have a lot going on from now thru the New Year and this should be plenty of notice for Rangers to schedule someone one out there.
Old 11-24-2013, 6:37 PM

I'm in.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
I spoke to BLM a couple days ago to let them know we made a dent in the trash. The rep I spoke with was extremely happy and said to tell all of you thanks! About 2 hours later the head of the office (a guy I have never spoke to) called me to personally say thanks to all of you. I spoke with him for a bit and said we were thinking of another small cleanup after the holidays, told him how many people were there at 7 am and he said with some notice we will be able to have a ranger there to keep the place cold.

Thanks to all of you!
That's awesome! Now if we could only get Waste Management/Riverside County to donate a giant construction dumpster...

Surely with a closed range and a larger CG turnout we could really clean the place up!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote: