Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 08-23-2013, 9:04 PM

Default Any LEO's in the northern LA area?? ( Ride A Long )

Hey everybody,

Student here for Administration of Justice at college of the canyons.
I'm 19.5 and have a clean record.
I was wondering if any Calguner's are law enforcement in or around the Santa Clarita area (im willing to drive pretty far out if need be), and if you would be willing to do a ride along for me.
My schedule is free and clear friday-sunday, as well as tue/thur before 6pm.

I have done 1 ride along with the sheriffs department station here in santa clarita in march of 2012.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to help me out, or want more details..

Thanks in advance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtx2001 View Post
Hope this helps and remember.... If you meet a nice girl be good. If you can't be good, be safe. If you can't be safe, don't name it after me.

Last edited by Datdarkness; 09-15-2013 at 7:57 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdarkness View Post
Hey everybody,

Student here for Administration of Justice at college of the canyons.
I'm 19.5 and have a clean record.
I was wondering if any Calguner's are law enforcement in or around the Santa Clarita area, and if you would be willing to do a ride along for me.
My schedule is free and clear friday-sunday, as well as tue/thur before 6pm.

I have done 1 ride along with the sheriffs department station here in santa clarita in march of 2012.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to help me out, or want more details..

Thanks in advance!!
Most officers in most agencies just can't bring somebody in that they do not know for a ride a long. Your best bets would be to look on line for agencies in your general area and see if they allow ride a longs. Then fill out and submit a form requesting a ride a long with that department.

Then the department will set you up with a time and date to come in for the ride a long.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin101677 View Post
Most officers in most agencies just can't bring somebody in that they do not know for a ride a long. Your best bets would be to look on line for agencies in your general area and see if they allow ride a longs. Then fill out and submit a form requesting a ride a long with that department.

Then the department will set you up with a time and date to come in for the ride a long.
Thanks for the advice, I have done this as well already, just figured I might be able to get some calguner's to do some ride alongs with too.
Currently waiting on their phone call to set up the next one at my local station

Quote:
Hope this helps and remember.... If you meet a nice girl be good. If you can't be good, be safe. If you can't be safe, don't name it after me.
Old 08-25-2013, 7:28 PM

Bump..

Start school tomorrow, taking Evidence, Report writing, and EMT.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 9:27 PM

BUMP
Old 08-27-2013, 10:01 PM

Everything was cool about your message, until I saw the "help me pay for college" donate button. Sorry, I got kids that need college too. Why should we "give" you or anyone else money for nothing???? I can't stand this entitlement generation. Work for college. I did! I didn't get one red cent from my parents when I went through the Cal State system for my undergrad work! I would have been too embarrassed to ask for hand outs. No, I didn't live at home either!!! I had to pay rent with room mates!

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore.
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-TRUMP

Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 08-27-2013 at 10:05 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Everything was cool about your message, until I saw the "help me pay for college" donate button. Sorry, I got kids that need college too. Why should we "give" you or anyone else money for nothing???? I can't stand this entitlement generation. Work for college. I did! I didn't get one red cent from my parents when I went through the Cal State system for my undergrad work! I would have been too embarrassed to ask for hand outs. No, I didn't live at home either!!! I had to pay rent with room mates!
I am currently working 2 jobs and going to school full time to support myself, with no help from parents (Guardianship kid who is now an independent to the state). I am not begging for money or handouts, and i'm sorry if the button offended you. I have had many cal-gunners donate, and for that I am very appreciative because I do not expect anything.

I will finish my AS Degree this semester in Administration of Justice and will also finish EMT training with a 4.0 GPA. Next summer I will transfer to finish up the BS in Criminal Justice.

If you or any other cal-gunners have any other guidance it would be appreciated. I have wanted to be in Law Enforcement since elementary school and am very focused on achieving that goal.

Edit: I have also removed the button as being labeled as the "entitlement generation" just once is more linkage to them then I ever want to have.

Last edited by Datdarkness; 08-28-2013 at 7:27 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdarkness View Post
I am currently working 2 jobs and going to school full time to support myself, with no help from parents (Guardianship kid who is now an independent to the state). I am not begging for money or handouts, and i'm sorry if the button offended you. I have had many cal-gunners donate, and for that I am very appreciative because I do not expect anything.

I will finish my AS Degree this semester in Administration of Justice and will also finish EMT training with a 4.0 GPA. Next summer I will transfer to finish up the BS in Criminal Justice.

If you or any other cal-gunners have any other guidance it would be appreciated. I have wanted to be in Law Enforcement since elementary school and am very focused on achieving that goal.

Edit: I have also removed the button as being labeled as the "entitlement generation" just once is more linkage to them then I ever want to have.
Two jobs? Yup you sound like the majority of many college students, including me when I was going to school too. I'm happy you took it upon yourself to remove that "donate" button. You can do school like you're doing, without seeking handouts from strangers and such, here on CG.

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore.
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-TRUMP
Old 09-13-2013, 8:50 PM

BUMP

Quote: