Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 02-15-2014, 11:44 AM
1SOCALGUNNER's Avatar
1SOCALGUNNER 1SOCALGUNNER is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 247
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossedRifles View Post
I like how his 1st Cav patch is upside down.
That Cav patch is not upside down, it is right side up.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:50 AM
AssaultPotato's Avatar
AssaultPotato AssaultPotato is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Let's all take a moment to thank these warfighters for our freedoms.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 03-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 13,161
iTrader: 293 / 100%
Default

Any grown man who pretends to be something other than what he is disgusts me. I have much more respect for someone who has some crap-job but works with pride and earns an honest living.

Even having served in the Army Reserve, i have been out for about 8 years now. I would never put on my old uniform and walk out in public pretending to still be in the service, even though my rank and ribbons were legitimately earned. I am even reluctant to go running in my old PT gear because i sort of feel that I don't have the right to sport military gear and dogtags anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 03-24-2014, 2:04 PM
Cpl. Haas's Avatar
Cpl. Haas Cpl. Haas is offline
Zipper-Suited Sun God
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,066
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default



Lance Colonel...
__________________



"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 03-24-2014, 3:44 PM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 13,161
iTrader: 293 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Haas View Post


Lance Colonel...
I can't count all the things wrong with that "uniform". It almost appears to be on a base and there is another guy standing behind him. Any back story?
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 03-24-2014, 4:55 PM
ChuckDizzle ChuckDizzle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Manteca (Where the Bass Pro is)
Posts: 2,012
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I can't count all the things wrong with that "uniform". It almost appears to be on a base and there is another guy standing behind him. Any back story?
Once in a great while the NCO's would make a game out of sergeant's time where they would put someone in a dicked up uniform and see how many gigs the E-4's or other promotables could spot. This photo may have been taken as one of those training moments, they use the big mess ups to distract you from the small ones.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 03-24-2014, 5:05 PM
michaelthetrojan's Avatar
michaelthetrojan michaelthetrojan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,078
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
Once in a great while the NCO's would make a game out of sergeant's time where they would put someone in a dicked up uniform and see how many gigs the E-4's or other promotables could spot. This photo may have been taken as one of those training moments, they use the big mess ups to distract you from the small ones.
Yea I'm pretty sure its a joke,
__________________
Come on, you sons of biches! Do you want to live forever?- Gysgt Dan Daly

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
- Unknown USMC Lieutenant
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 04-24-2014, 3:09 PM
Maddog5150's Avatar
Maddog5150 Maddog5150 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,534
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 04-25-2014, 2:15 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
they use the big mess ups to distract you from the small ones.
The belt isn't right for instance.

Last edited by Snoopy47; 04-25-2014 at 2:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 04-25-2014, 2:26 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So given the uniform can we assume this is a while ago. When did females start being allowed into the Infantry? If Infantry where's the powder blue disks behind her branch insignia?

Female with CIB? Is that possible?

The most confusing thing is the Bronze German marksmanship award (earn by doing well with the pistol, rifle, and machine gun). The award is totally legit, which would jive with the 3 tabs on her qualification badge. It's not an easy award to win, and has to be administered by Germans. Which usually is only in Germany (hence, not being easy to get because you have to be in places with German soldiers qualified to administer the course of fire).

She's not an officer, but I don't see any enlisted rank on her sleeves. Her ribbon rack would justify at least an NCO. Maybe the angle blocks the view.

Is that a Drill Instructor badge?

All that bling, and it looks like only the AAM is her highest award? Higher resolution would be great to see what exactly those ribbons are.

Everything I call out could be explained away:
1) If women were allowed in the infantry
2) Her sleeve rank is blocked by here pose
3) Higher resolution of the ribbons could validate if they are in the correct order.

This is the most legit looking uniform I've seen on the thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post

Last edited by Snoopy47; 04-25-2014 at 2:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 04-25-2014, 4:01 AM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 4,869
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Talking

You've GOTTA report these toads to SOCNET. They deal with them in ways we mere mortals can only DREAM of!
__________________

Sooo
... HOW'D that RINO work out for ya'... AGAIN!
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 04-26-2014, 9:51 AM
Blackhorse2010 Blackhorse2010 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 699
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

He went into the surplus store and said "They're so colorful, I'll take one of each please".
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 04-26-2014, 1:08 PM
Massan's Avatar
Massan Massan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,039
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

This thread... Makes me lol and rage at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 04-27-2014, 4:29 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
You've GOTTA report these toads to SOCNET. They deal with them in ways we mere mortals can only DREAM of!
That's SOCCENT with two C's
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 04-28-2014, 1:11 PM
Maddog5150's Avatar
Maddog5150 Maddog5150 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,534
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default



check out this dickbag. Love the way he wears his chord.

http://guardianofvalor.com/nicholas-...purple-hearts/
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 04-28-2014, 5:19 PM
mikenewgun87's Avatar
mikenewgun87 mikenewgun87 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 6,876
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

how did i miss this thread???
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 04-28-2014, 8:27 PM
1911whore's Avatar
1911whore 1911whore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A For Sale Section Near You
Posts: 2,313
iTrader: 54 / 100%
Default

http://guardianofvalor.com/nicholas-...purple-hearts/

I am pissed, What a **** head...I was in the 82d with him, went through selection with him and he was always as blowhard, but this is rediculous. I emailed him and blew him out. Sad thing is, he ALMOST made it through the q course, his mouth got him booted.

I blew him out when I saw facebook pics on his wifes page, taken on a training op in Korea but the caption said "nick, somewhere in South america fighting the war on drugs" ......there was a blank adapter on his rifle....so I told her he never went to south america, it was a training op in korea......he emailed me saying she was confused. whatever.

He got a 75k backpay check and an award for 100% disabled complete and final for 3400 a month for the rest of his life, no further dr appts needed... I know this because I know him. mostly based on lies....sad.
__________________
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin

Last edited by 1911whore; 04-28-2014 at 8:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 04-28-2014, 9:21 PM
MigNoche's Avatar
MigNoche MigNoche is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 1,417
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

All the fakers should be grouped together as a regiment and we can send them into places like Ukraine, North Korea, Iran, ect...

Now how fun would that be to witness!?
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic114369_6.gif
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 04-29-2014, 9:47 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Has anyone ever bought a dress uniform from a Surplus store for the actual official use of said dress uniform.

I thought not. In the end I can only assume they go to posers.

I understand buying surplus combat uniforms (good for yard work, or playing paint ball), but not dress uniforms. I think I'll burn mine before I get rid of it.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 04-29-2014, 9:58 AM
Maddog5150's Avatar
Maddog5150 Maddog5150 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,534
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
Has anyone ever bought a dress uniform from a Surplus store for the actual official use of said dress uniform.

I thought not. In the end I can only assume they go to posers.

I understand buying surplus combat uniforms (good for yard work, or playing paint ball), but not dress uniforms. I think I'll burn mine before I get rid of it.
I did! Well parts of it. Few years back my best friend was getting married and his wife HAD to have everyone in uniform. The transition had already started to the new ASU's so no one anywhere was carrying the greens any more. I had to scour the earth and internet for the trousers that would fit me as I wasn't a malnourished stick anymore
I think I ended up finding a pair from some surplus store back east
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 04-29-2014, 7:16 PM
epilepticninja's Avatar
epilepticninja epilepticninja is offline
misanthrope
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river...
Posts: 3,737
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post

check out this dickbag. Love the way he wears his chord.
Not being an Army cat, could you (or someone) explain what the "chord" is, and what it signifies when worn? Gracias.
__________________
Don't have anything clever to say at this time...
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 04-29-2014, 7:35 PM
Cali209 Cali209 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Not being an Army cat, could you (or someone) explain what the "chord" is, and what it signifies when worn? Gracias.
The blue cord is worn over the right shoulder, not the left. Also, if he's SF as the tab and unit patches are, he actually would not wear it at all. Nor would he wear blue lapel disks, nor would they be crossed rifles, nor....nor....

When you change from infantry (11B) to a SF MOS (18X) the uniform changes.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 PM
1911whore's Avatar
1911whore 1911whore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A For Sale Section Near You
Posts: 2,313
iTrader: 54 / 100%
Default

In SF you wear crossed arrows, infantry blue Cord is worn on the RIGHT shoulder and in the 82d the french foreget(spelling) is worn on the left, it use to piss me off because it hung over my medals, blue disks go away in SF and I served with him in the 82d, he should know better. he was actually a friend of mine, same company and for a hot minute same platoon, we went to selection together ....I knew him well. he was always a blow hard. got booted from the q course, sent to korea where he served with my best friend and then he went awol to russia and married a russian chick....got chaptered, divorced, moved to so cal, married again then moved t cincinatti...
__________________
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 04-29-2014, 10:51 PM
1911whore's Avatar
1911whore 1911whore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A For Sale Section Near You
Posts: 2,313
iTrader: 54 / 100%
Default

What the blue cord is/ signifies is that you are an 11b infantryman. along with the blue disks behind the US and crossed rifles on the lapel
__________________
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 04-30-2014, 5:51 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I enjoyed reading through the entire Hall of Shame.

http://guardianofvalor.com/hall-of-shame/

They seem to come in several categories.

1) Mentally slow, and pretty much as harmless as an 8 year old playing soldier. Their military dress isn’t even remotely correct, and is a mishmash of ranks, and awards.

2) Military veterans that embellish their service record. Most of them washed out in the first year of training. A few had a perfectly good record spanning decades, but later decided it wasn’t enough. Which blows me away because of how easy these ribbons are to pick up legitimately.

3) Wannabes that have no military history, aren’t entirely slow, but create a fictional military history out of thin air. Usually used to try and give legitimacy to some sort of business venture they are involved with.

4) Fraudulent grafters. The military connection is merely a means to an end (defrauding people out of their money). Usually they are also posing as anything they can (police, government officials, etc…). They aren’t so much about flashing around awards, but scamming for benefits. These are the best because law enforcement pounces on them.

The one I liked the most was:

http://guardianofvalor.com/tina-mari...d-attack-hero/

Tina Marie Lightfoot. She claimed to have BOTH the Rifle AND Pistol Distinguished shooting badges. Only 400 in the last 150+ years have earned both, and the number of WOMEN that have can be counted on one hand. It’s also easy to confirm by anyone from the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) website. If one is in this category of shooter then competition shooting is their life. They live and breath precision shooting. So talking M9’s, 1911’s, M16’s or Garands would be just as easy to call them out as well.

I didn’t even know you could buy the badges. The only ones I’ve seen had the person’s name and badge number on them.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 04-30-2014, 1:05 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 17,227
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911whore View Post
http://guardianofvalor.com/nicholas-...purple-hearts/

I am pissed, What a **** head...I was in the 82d with him, went through selection with him and he was always as blowhard, but this is rediculous. I emailed him and blew him out. Sad thing is, he ALMOST made it through the q course, his mouth got him booted.

I blew him out when I saw facebook pics on his wifes page, taken on a training op in Korea but the caption said "nick, somewhere in South america fighting the war on drugs" ......there was a blank adapter on his rifle....so I told her he never went to south america, it was a training op in korea......he emailed me saying she was confused. whatever.

He got a 75k backpay check and an award for 100% disabled complete and final for 3400 a month for the rest of his life, no further dr appts needed... I know this because I know him. mostly based on lies....sad.
what a douche.

we have a guy at my shop who lies all the time about what he has done. he lied to Sec Def. Rumsfeld in 06 in Mosul saying how he saved the FOB when he was at Harbor Gate near Turkey. I wasn't with the unit at the time I was crossleveled to intel but when the unit got back I heard the stories and he still tells lies for just about everything.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 04-30-2014, 1:09 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 17,227
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

then there is this guy who was in my unit during Desert Storm he said he was severely injured when no one in my unit was injured due to combat.
http://ballotpedia.org/Kenneth_Wegner


Quote:
Wegner was born in Long Beach, California. Upon graduation from high school, he served in the U.S. Army until suffering serious wounds in Operation Desert Storm
the only serious injury he received that I remember is when he passed out at the Medical when they gave him a shot in the butt. that was hilarious. some of us have sent friend requests to him on Facebook he hasn't replied to any of them since we know his past.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
then there is this guy who was in my unit during Desert Storm he said he was severely injured when no one in my unit was injured due to combat.
http://ballotpedia.org/Kenneth_Wegner

At least he lost the Primary
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 05-01-2014, 3:04 AM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 17,227
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
At least he lost the Primary
yeah he lost thankfully.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 05-22-2014, 3:15 AM
Maddog5150's Avatar
Maddog5150 Maddog5150 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,534
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 06-13-2014, 2:11 PM
Maddog5150's Avatar
Maddog5150 Maddog5150 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,534
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 06-13-2014, 3:29 PM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I just looked at his FB page, I think the entire thing just might be a complete joke. He's linked with a bunch of other HS kids and their profiles are all BS too.

There's those that are worth going after when it comes to military fakers then there are those that aren't. He probably posted his MWF rank. Also, his SF association wasn't there when I looked, nor where there any pictures or anything else pointing in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 06-13-2014, 8:04 PM
Dannytheman's Avatar
Dannytheman Dannytheman is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Near Burbank by WB.
Posts: 515
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default



Phoney Coastie!! Happens to all branches! This loser made it into a VFW Post and parade. And Coast Guard Chiefs wear Gold. Always Gold.

I was just wondering why no one at VFW Post 1966 has questioned Robbie “Robert” Robinson’s military credentials? I just spoke to him at 954-321-3463 after I was sent the (attached) pictures and he claimed his military records were “sealed” from the classified nature of his work in Vietnam as a Navy SEAL. He also claimed he changed his name which is NOT true when I began questioning why his name wasn’t listed in the SEAL Database. And he could not give me a training class number first saying it was Class 48 and then changing it to Class 4.

Not knowing your SEAL Training Class number is like not knowing your wife’s name…

It’s very clear he was never a Navy SEAL because I’m a retired SEAL and I quickly checked and found NO LISTING of him ever being a SEAL. Claiming his records are classified is complete and total B%$%#$*T. And he finally admitted he was a fraud to me after I pulled the SEAL Rug out from under him… I have the conversation recorded if he claims otherwise to the VFW leadership that I’d be happy to send.

That SEAL Trident is worn on the wrong side of his uniform.

His awards are ALL JACKED UP and I’m surprised that at a Memorial Day celebration there wasn’t a single Purple Heart recipient present that would have asked him “Why do you have a Combat V Device on the Purple Heart you’re wearing?” That’s NOT correct…

Or asked, since you have a Silver and Bronze Star “where is your Combat Action Ribbon?”

Or asked, a Bronze Star awarded for combat, no matter what branch of service, is awarded with a “Combat V Device.” If awarded meritoriously (non combat) it contains no “V.” All subsequent awards are a Gold Star in lieu of second, third award, etc. Why does yours have a small bronze star on it? That is NOT correct.

Or asked, why is the very senior Joint Service Commendation Medal behind the lowly Coast Guard Meritorious Team Commendation Ribbon and so far out of whack in the US Military Order of Awards Precedence?

A close look at the Silver Star he’s wearing shows a distinct “hole” in the center of it meaning at some point he was claiming “two” of them and the device was removed or fell off…

Brian K Murphy was just removed as Post Commander of Post 8182 in Florida for his outrageous Navy SEAL claims I exposed… What’s in the water in Florida that you VFW guys don’t question a members credentials or claims? How do they get away with this for so long?

At this point not a single word that comes from Robinson’s mouth can be believed. 40+ years of service (he claims) and he wears 10 “RED” and not Gold Hash Marks as a Master Chief? Between that and the awards that looks like he put on in the dark I have my doubts he ever served a single day in the military. It wouldn’t EVEN be close to the first time I discovered that’s been the case…

Robinson on your Facebook page and in this video at the 3-minute mark of your Memorial Day celebration is SHAMEFUL.
__________________
Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
CGSSA Women On Target Director, Burro Canyon.
CGSSA Burbank Shoot Leader
NRA Benefactor Member.
CRPA Life Member.
Certified TASER and OC Spray Instructor

Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 06-13-2014, 8:31 PM
RickD427's Avatar
RickD427 RickD427 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: King County
Posts: 3,972
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Danny,

Retired Coastie here. Several decades ago (long before I joined in 1979), there was a uniform reg that had CPO's wear red insignia if they lost their eligibility for the CGGCM. However that was prior to the creation of the "Super Chief" grades of E-8 and E-9. Even if this gent retired from service in those days, there's no possibility that he would be wearing E-9 insignia as in the photo.

CG Uniform Regs only permit the wearing of qualification insignia earned while a member of the CG. A few years ago the CG ran a pilot program and sent 4 members to BUDS. If I recall correctly two of them completed training and went to teams. Those two gents are the only Coasties that can properly wear the Trident insignia on a Coast Guard uniform.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 06-14-2014, 7:18 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post


I have the conversation recorded if he claims otherwise to the VFW leadership that I’d be happy to send.
If this was a phone conversation where he can reasonably assume privacy then you might end up getting yourself in more trouble than he would be in for faking military service.

If it was a conversation out in the public where he couldn't reasonably assume privacy then you should be OK.

Just be careful how you use that recording.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 06-14-2014, 9:58 AM
Dannytheman's Avatar
Dannytheman Dannytheman is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Near Burbank by WB.
Posts: 515
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
Danny,

Retired Coastie here. Several decades ago (long before I joined in 1979), there was a uniform reg that had CPO's wear red insignia if they lost their eligibility for the CGGCM. However that was prior to the creation of the "Super Chief" grades of E-8 and E-9. Even if this gent retired from service in those days, there's no possibility that he would be wearing E-9 insignia as in the photo.

CG Uniform Regs only permit the wearing of qualification insignia earned while a member of the CG. A few years ago the CG ran a pilot program and sent 4 members to BUDS. If I recall correctly two of them completed training and went to teams. Those two gents are the only Coasties that can properly wear the Trident insignia on a Coast Guard uniform.

I do understand there are 2 Coasties that are SEALs. This guy ain't one of them. I joined way before you, well almost 7 years. One of my SAR base captains was a Chief. In 1974, he had 14 years and wore Gold. Also, the SEAL Trident is on the wrong side. He became a well know and loved Warrant Officer.Of course he was a Boatswains Mate like me.

Under 12 years in or a infraction in rank keeps a red hash mark. All other after 12 get Gold as an E-7 or above. Been that way for at least 5 decades. Coast Guard follows the same for E-7 and up. A 40 year vet E-7 would be ashamed to have red hash marks.
__________________
Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
CGSSA Women On Target Director, Burro Canyon.
CGSSA Burbank Shoot Leader
NRA Benefactor Member.
CRPA Life Member.
Certified TASER and OC Spray Instructor

Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 06-14-2014, 9:59 AM
Dannytheman's Avatar
Dannytheman Dannytheman is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Near Burbank by WB.
Posts: 515
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
If this was a phone conversation where he can reasonably assume privacy then you might end up getting yourself in more trouble than he would be in for faking military service.

If it was a conversation out in the public where he couldn't reasonably assume privacy then you should be OK.

Just be careful how you use that recording.
No worries, the imposter has been exposed and fakewarriors.com has nailed him.
__________________
Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
CGSSA Women On Target Director, Burro Canyon.
CGSSA Burbank Shoot Leader
NRA Benefactor Member.
CRPA Life Member.
Certified TASER and OC Spray Instructor

Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 06-14-2014, 3:20 PM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,659
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
Under 12 years in or a infraction in rank keeps a red hash mark. All other after 12 get Gold as an E-7 or above. Been that way for at least 5 decades. Coast Guard follows the same for E-7 and up. A 40 year vet E-7 would be ashamed to have red hash marks.
See, red....gold..... I don't know the difference. I would have never called that out.

I did know however where the SEAL trident thing goes. It's those SF posers that are easy to pick out because everyone wants to be a super hero.

When they start posing as Finance Branch or Civil Affairs then no one will catch it, or care enough to call them on it.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 06-14-2014, 4:22 PM
ParkwayDrive ParkwayDrive is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 126
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
So given the uniform can we assume this is a while ago. When did females start being allowed into the Infantry? If Infantry where's the powder blue disks behind her branch insignia?

Female with CIB? Is that possible?

The most confusing thing is the Bronze German marksmanship award (earn by doing well with the pistol, rifle, and machine gun). The award is totally legit, which would jive with the 3 tabs on her qualification badge. It's not an easy award to win, and has to be administered by Germans. Which usually is only in Germany (hence, not being easy to get because you have to be in places with German soldiers qualified to administer the course of fire).

She's not an officer, but I don't see any enlisted rank on her sleeves. Her ribbon rack would justify at least an NCO. Maybe the angle blocks the view.

Is that a Drill Instructor badge?

All that bling, and it looks like only the AAM is her highest award? Higher resolution would be great to see what exactly those ribbons are.

Everything I call out could be explained away:
1) If women were allowed in the infantry
2) Her sleeve rank is blocked by here pose
3) Higher resolution of the ribbons could validate if they are in the correct order.

This is the most legit looking uniform I've seen on the thread.
Women are not allowed in the infantry nor are they authorized to wear a CIB.

Earning the German Schützenschnur Badge is actually not that difficult. You do have to have German soldiers present, but it's really not that hard. In Astan, the German Army controls RC North and the course is done on the reg up there. My company and most of my batt was in northeastern Astan but large sections of our brigade were up north in Mez and a ton of guys and girls were awarded it. We never had the chance.

I earned the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge (Gold) which is much harder to get but that was done back in the states. I don't know why the German Army came to our base, but I was sent to compete for it. Point being is foreign awards and badges aren't that difficult to earn.

She's full of chit, but you are right, it does look better than most. If I saw this and she didn't have the CIB I wouldn't even give it a second look. Stupid sloot goofed.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 06-14-2014, 4:39 PM
Hoshnasi's Avatar
Hoshnasi Hoshnasi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,731
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I probably only understand about 1/3 of what all of you are saying regarding uniforms, but this post is hilarious.

I bought a used car today from a retired Marine. He had a USMC license plate frame. He came to the deal with no screw driver so I could remove it... I forgot it was there and took a picture and a Marine friend called me when I posted it on FB. Whoops.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
I'm pretty sure this guy mad the rounds on the net some time ago. The whole thing was as deep lie, to his wife, family etc.
__________________
Come to Flavor Country...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko45
But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.