Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 08-19-2013, 1:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Mine showed out for delivery today, in fact, it did not come. UPS intercepted it, but the tracking # did not reflect it. UPS dropped off another box, this was not on the truck.

WTS: Gun stuff & things
Old 08-19-2013, 1:24 PM

Mine got delivered. Went to my office, along with 2 other Cabela packages. Had no idea which one to refuse.

I did get an email that it was being rerouted. Guess ups didn't intercept it.
Old 08-19-2013, 3:59 PM

they are willing to send $50 gift card...which means after all the hassle, you are paying close to 50 cents per round.

Cabela's will not send UPS call tag.

4 options I got:
1. $50 Cabela gift card
2. $40 credit to credit card
3. go to local police station. destroy the ammo and get a certificate. edit: then full refund.
4. go to a Cabela's retail store edit: then full refund.

Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-19-2013 at 4:14 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 4:10 PM

How can option 3 even be an option?! My order is supposed to be intercepted, and if its not, I'm calling the cc company...
Old 08-19-2013, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
they are willing to send $50 gift card...which means after all the hassle, you are paying close to 50 cents per round.

I want to correct myself. I said 50 cents, but should of been 46 cents per round including shipping.
Old 08-19-2013, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
I want to correct myself. I said 50 cents, but should of been 46 cents per round including shipping.
I'd take the $50 gift card which drops it to 39.9 cents a round (before shipping). If your not happy with that price, dispute it with your credit card co. since this clearly was a bait and switch.
Old 08-19-2013, 4:44 PM
Veteran Member

I'd take the $50 gift card under the circumstances, but the whole thing was so unnecessary. Definitely not impressed with Cabelas.
Old 08-19-2013, 4:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by awiner View Post
I'd take the $50 gift card which drops it to 39.9 cents a round (before shipping). If your not happy with that price, dispute it with your credit card co. since this clearly was a bait and switch.
What is the point of quoting "before shipping" prices? You are paying for it as part of the cost of the ammo and thus, it matters and is part of the total cost and should always be figured into price per round costs. Always. And when you do, it is not .399 cent per round ammo. Closer to .447 (in my shipping case).

I am glad mine got intercepted, I have already gotten cheaper on other deals.

Old 08-19-2013, 5:16 PM

I would ask them to toss in a free shipping code along with the gift card.
Old 08-19-2013, 5:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I ordered 2 boxes - therefore making my loss twice the pain. I imagine they are not offering a $50 gift card per box either. Regardless, dispute in process - I'll see some docs in 5 -7 business days to formalize. f*ck it. waste my time, I'll waste theirs. It'll end up costing them many man hours in addition to the time already spent on the f*ck up in customer service land - if you can even call it that. d*cks.
Old 08-19-2013, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2bpo View Post
I ordered 2 boxes - therefore making my loss twice the pain. I imagine they are not offering a $50 gift card per box either. Regardless, dispute in process - I'll see some docs in 5 -7 business days to formalize. f*ck it. waste my time, I'll waste theirs. It'll end up costing them many man hours in addition to the time already spent on the f*ck up in customer service land - if you can even call it that. d*cks.
I did order 2 boxes and was offered $100. CS did say was $50 per.
Old 08-19-2013, 6:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Shocking. Thx for heads up
Old 08-19-2013, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
What is the point of quoting "before shipping" prices? You are paying for it as part of the cost of the ammo and thus, it matters and is part of the total cost and should always be figured into price per round costs. Always. And when you do, it is not .399 cent per round ammo. Closer to .447 (in my shipping case).

We all pay different shipping rates so it is impossible to quote total delivered price for everyone.. With my Cabelas card I get $5 shipping. But you are correct in looking at the final price including shipping (when you have the info).

Last edited by awiner; 08-19-2013 at 6:16 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 8:21 AM

I was told to take it to a police station to be destroyed, fax them proof, & they'll refund my credit card.
Old 08-20-2013, 8:23 AM

Hope you "recieved" some steel ammo in those boxes to take to the police to be destroyed

Last edited by Ruination Fan; 08-20-2013 at 8:26 AM.. Reason: re worded
Old 08-20-2013, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the75 View Post
I was told to take it to a police station to be destroyed, fax them proof, & they'll refund my credit card.
exactly how do you "destroy" ammo ? why would police ever help you with that ? I doubt police would ever sell them off nor would they use it themselves, fearing tampering.
Old 08-20-2013, 8:45 AM

Cerritos, CA, United States 08/20/2013 8:48 A.M. The Delivery Intercept request for this package was successfully completed. / Shipper requested return of package.

Yay for me!
Old 08-20-2013, 8:53 AM

Anyone still disputing this with ceb should use UPS website to re-route it to a UPS store for holding.

1. Either ask for the $50 gift card and settle.
2. Dont pick it up at the UPS (contact CC as fraud for the bait and switch tactic used)
Old 08-20-2013, 1:54 PM

Could you imagine if they let one of us just keep the ammo? What's the worst that could happen?
Old 08-20-2013, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadan View Post
Anyone still disputing this with ceb should use UPS website to re-route it to a UPS store for holding.
I did call Cabela's the day this thread started about the "issue", they did put a UPS reroute on it. but as I said before, UPS reroute is a hit and miss (may be I am the only one that UPS missed ?).

I love Cabela's, spent over $5,000 with them in past 2 months. this left a sour taste this time because this was easily fixable. They should of just cancelled everyone's order moment they decide not to sell at discount. I would of had no issue with that.
Old 08-20-2013, 4:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

because people have Free shipping codes and coupons. and some people live close enough to a store to have it shipped to a store for free.
Old 08-20-2013, 4:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I got my shipment yesterday and called Cabelas today regarding the issue (sent me one 2-pack when I ordered two). First off, they answered the phone on the first ring - it actually caught me off guard because I expected an AVR not a real human. Secondly, they transferred me to someone in the customer service department and that took mere seconds. Finally, they admitted this was their error and offered to send me a Cabela's gift card for exactly half of my order price. They have to mail it to your physical address so I will update when I receive mine but I have no reason to doubt that they mailed it out today.

I believe Cabela's made three key mistakes that they have now corrected:
  • Mistake #1: advertised quantity was incorrect
  • Mistake #2: fulfilled orders without cancelling/contacting
  • Mistake #3: attempted to resolve by offering $50 gift cards

Fact is, disclaimer or not, no retailer has to honor an advertised pricing error. If you think otherwise then you don't understand consumer protections adequately. However, while they don't have to honor the price they cannot simply fulfill the order in a manner they find equitable. They can either cancel the order, contact each buyer individually and ask what the buyer would like to happen, or fulfill the entire order as it was purchased (honoring the pricing error).

I believe the early attempts to reconcile this matter led to the third mistake - probably some lower level manager decided to try and help thus authorizing the $50 gift cards people discussed. Since then I believe they have consulted their counsel and realized that they are legally on the hook for the entire order.

I called out of an interest in fairness. Sure I could have disputed the entire charge with my credit card company but that is morally wrong and I don't believe in cheating to win. Instead I gave them a chance to make it right and they did. If you had a different experience I encourage you to contact them again as they clearly have a better handle on the situation now.

Finally, I want to remind everyone that it is in your interest to treat the person on the other end of the phone as a human being. They didn't personally wrong you and they don't have much say in the matter. However, most people will go out of their way to help you if you give them a chance. In my case there was zero argument - they happily owned up to the issue and gave me a path to restitution I was pleased with. I hope you all have a similar experience.

Thanks again to the OP. As it turns out I did get 400 rounds for $129 so the deal was pretty hot. More importantly Cabela's proved themselves worthy of my future business based on how well they handled an unfortunate situation.
Old 08-20-2013, 5:30 PM

Thumbs up You're welcome. I'm glad that someone actually got the deal.

Hope to hear more calgunners got the deal. Please post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
I got my shipment yesterday and called Cabelas today regarding the issue (sent me one 2-pack when I ordered two). First off, they answered the phone on the first ring - it actually caught me off guard because I expected an AVR not a real human. Secondly, they transferred me to someone in the customer service department and that took mere seconds. Finally, they admitted this was their error and offered to send me a Cabela's gift card for exactly half of my order price. They have to mail it to your physical address so I will update when I receive mine but I have no reason to doubt that they mailed it out today.

I believe Cabela's made three key mistakes that they have now corrected:
  • Mistake #1: advertised quantity was incorrect
  • Mistake #2: fulfilled orders without cancelling/contacting
  • Mistake #3: attempted to resolve by offering $50 gift cards

Fact is, disclaimer or not, no retailer has to honor an advertised pricing error. If you think otherwise then you don't understand consumer protections adequately. However, while they don't have to honor the price they cannot simply fulfill the order in a manner they find equitable. They can either cancel the order, contact each buyer individually and ask what the buyer would like to happen, or fulfill the entire order as it was purchased (honoring the pricing error).

I believe the early attempts to reconcile this matter led to the third mistake - probably some lower level manager decided to try and help thus authorizing the $50 gift cards people discussed. Since then I believe they have consulted their counsel and realized that they are legally on the hook for the entire order.

I called out of an interest in fairness. Sure I could have disputed the entire charge with my credit card company but that is morally wrong and I don't believe in cheating to win. Instead I gave them a chance to make it right and they did. If you had a different experience I encourage you to contact them again as they clearly have a better handle on the situation now.

Finally, I want to remind everyone that it is in your interest to treat the person on the other end of the phone as a human being. They didn't personally wrong you and they don't have much say in the matter. However, most people will go out of their way to help you if you give them a chance. In my case there was zero argument - they happily owned up to the issue and gave me a path to restitution I was pleased with. I hope you all have a similar experience.

Thanks again to the OP. As it turns out I did get 400 rounds for $129 so the deal was pretty hot. More importantly Cabela's proved themselves worthy of my future business based on how well they handled an unfortunate situation.
Old 08-20-2013, 6:05 PM

So far the warehouse received the returned package and are processing it. Unfortunately, I may have to wait up to 30 days to receive my refund. I called Cabelas and that is what they told me!
Old 08-20-2013, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULS View Post
Hope to hear more calgunners got the deal. Please post!!!
Is it cool if I wait to post what deal I got until it's complete?
Old 08-20-2013, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Is it cool if I wait to post what deal I got until it's complete?
Nope, not cool.
Old 08-20-2013, 6:50 PM

Well then, I am not cool.
Old 08-20-2013, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Well then, I am not cool.
Thanks for your post. I just wrote Cabelas a scathing message on their FB for all to see. I don't care that I got squat from this deal, I just want others to be aware of their arbitrary CS practices.
Old 08-20-2013, 8:40 PM

Ok fine! Don't get your panties in a bunch and start spamming Cabelas with crazy rants! Here's what I got:
Instead of having to take my ammo to the police station, they told me to keep it & they'll send me a gift card for $50 on top of what they charged me. So it was close to 50 cents a round. Better than over 70 cents a round! Can I get a "what, what"?!?!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 PM

so you're getting back the initial charge? and then $50 on top of that?

so you got free ammo and $50??????
Old 08-21-2013, 6:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizouse View Post
so you're getting back the initial charge? and then $50 on top of that?

so you got free ammo and $50??????
No.. keeps ammo and gets $50 for doing so. Still makes the ammo over priced given days later where deals at 41-42 cents per round.

Old 08-21-2013, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Still makes the ammo over priced given days later where deals at 41-42 cents per round.
Yes, and given what naeco81 posted anybody who accepted $50 isn't getting the full deal.

It was Cabelas fault it was mislisted, it was their fault that they shipped without contacting people first to see if they still wanted it, it was their responsibility to get UPS to send it back, if a few cases leaked through it's their responsibility to make it right. That does not mean a partial reimbursement over what they ordered. And if they're willing to have the ammo destroyed and pay the full amount they should be delighted to have you keep half the ammo and reimburse you half the amount.

I'm really, really disappointed in Cabelas and the way they've handled this.
Old 08-21-2013, 8:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Old 08-21-2013, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
Yes, and given what naeco81 posted anybody who accepted $50 isn't getting the full deal.

It was Cabelas fault it was mislisted, it was their fault that they shipped without contacting people first to see if they still wanted it, it was their responsibility to get UPS to send it back, if a few cases leaked through it's their responsibility to make it right. That does not mean a partial reimbursement over what they ordered. And if they're willing to have the ammo destroyed and pay the full amount they should be delighted to have you keep half the ammo and reimburse you half the amount.

I'm really, really disappointed in Cabelas and the way they've handled this.
Amen! My sentiments exactly!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:09 AM

Got my order yesterday and it was the 200 round pack as many other people have gotten I called cabelas this morning and they are sending a gift card for half the cost just need to ask for a supervisor and they got it fixed up for me in about 5 minutes no hassle or arguing. So they are willing to work it out and I'll keep shopping with them.
Old 08-21-2013, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

They werent willing to work it out when I cancelled that day... im sure there were a lot more like us too, they helped out 1 guy above huh?

Last edited by Darklyte27; 08-21-2013 at 6:16 PM..
Old 08-21-2013, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
They werent willing to work it out when I cancelled that day... im sure there were a lot more like us too, they helped out 1 guy above huh?
Some stupid-visor/manager probably thought in the beginning that people were just going to just bend over and take it. They probably saw later on that all the shipments being rerouted back to them, and the potential for processing/cost of going through CC disputes would be bigger that they initially estimated. The offers for $50 gift cards is still a win for them because they made their money on the ammo AND they had you locked in to spend the $50 with them. To the people that let it ride and actually got a great deal in the end, good gamble! Your risk was rewarded.
Old 08-21-2013, 9:59 PM

Oh great, the saga continues! I finally received a refund but the refunded amount did not match the total of my original order. Here we go again!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 AM

Did the exclude the shipping?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodahSP View Post
Some stupid-visor/manager probably thought in the beginning that people were just going to just bend over and take it. They probably saw later on that all the shipments being rerouted back to them, and the potential for processing/cost of going through CC disputes would be bigger that they initially estimated. The offers for $50 gift cards is still a win for them because they made their money on the ammo AND they had you locked in to spend the $50 with them. To the people that let it ride and actually got a great deal in the end, good gamble! Your risk was rewarded.
I'm not quite so cynical; instead my guess is some lower level manager realized the situation sucked and tried to do something to make up for it, likely authorizing the maximum he/she could. It took a few days for corporate to get involved and do it right. I could be wrong about this but based on their reputation, scale, and my interaction with Cabela's that is my best guess as to what happened.

Generally speaking if the company you are dealing with is reputable then the first response shouldn't be to panic. The folks who tried to cancel/refuse delivery of their orders inadvertently punished themselves because they sought restitution before Cabela's had the right people/process in place to deliver proper customer service around this situation. Everyone makes mistakes. Unless you think you are being defrauded by a firm that doesn't care about their reputation I would always advise you adopt the diplomatic approach first.

Good luck everyone.