Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 08-14-2013, 10:32 AM

Oh boy... Just got the shipping notification also and it's for 5.8lbs which is definitely not 400rds and oddly the exact weight of 200rds. I'll be calling CS shortly...
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
Anyone has Cabela's president's email ? I plan to write a strong worded letter to let him/her know to fire whoever was in charge if this fiasco.
We've had good luck in the past grabbing a companies annual report (which you can get online) and writing a physical letter and sending it to the address for the investor relations department. They'll forward it to customer service but it gets handled very differently at most companies.

That being said...
Corporate Headquarters
One Cabela Drive
Sidney, Nebraska 69162

Primary IR Contact
Chris Gay
Director, Treasury and Investor Relations
Ph: 308-255-2905
E-mail: Investor.Relations@cabelas.com

Media Contact
Joe Arterburn
Corporate Communications Manager
Ph: 308-255-1204
E-mail:joe.arterburn@cabelas.com

Last edited by Eljay; 08-14-2013 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: added contact info
Old 08-14-2013, 10:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
Oh boy... Just got the shipping notification also and it's for 5.8lbs which is definitely not 400rds and oddly the exact weight of 200rds. I'll be calling CS shortly...
Mine changed from "processing" to "shipped" AFTER I called CS and they said they'd stop it. My order had NO notes on it at all, re my previous call. Spoke to Christie this time in CS, she called Erica at shipping. Erica sent a return notice to UPS, so it should make a u turn shortly. Once they get it back, they will credit my CC, not before. After this run-around I'm starting to wish I'da let it ship and just processed a chargeback on their butts..

This ""could be"" the ceo's email addy
Thomas.Millner@cabelas.com

Last edited by gogohopper; 08-14-2013 at 10:43 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 10:44 AM

btw, UPS ground is not that easy to re-route....
Old 08-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
btw, UPS ground is not that easy to re-route....
Easy but not fast. They'll flag it but until that pallet gets broken up close to the destination they don't really have a shot at pulling it. So it'll probably take a week to get to your local distribution center and then a week to go back.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Cabela's has always been good by me...
but this was easily fixable - cancel everyone's order or honor the deal.

nothing wrong with cancel everyone's order, as 20 rounds were cheaper, so nobody on their right mind would of bought the 200 packs at higher price. so canceling if they wouldn't honor the price mistake. no biggie.

but instead, it has now turned into a nightmare - most people who ordered probably didn't even yet know about this.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 AM

Cancelled mine. Sounded easy but who knows
Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
like the STUPIDVISOR was telling me, OUR MISTAKE wont pass shipping..

thats why i canceled!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinoro2007 View Post
CC chargeback, you'll probably end up with free ammo as Cabelas won't accept a return. Dispute the whole amount. See what happens. I know AMEX would give me back the whole amount. Will teach Cabelas a lesson too.
P L E A S E don't encourage CC fraud on a public forum.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorr View Post
Here's my correspondence with them:

Customer By Email 08/13/2013 09:26 PM
Pls. confirm that my order is for 1600 rounds like your website stated this morning when I ordered. I ordered quantity of 4.

Hello Victor,

I would be happy to help with your order inquiry.

I apologize, but this order is for 4 sets of 200 rounds and not 400 rounds. What you viewed when the order was placed was an error and we have now corrected it. Here is a link to information about the Pricing and Specifications that Cabela's follows: https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/ans...etail/a_id/296

Thank you for visiting cabelas.com and come back soon!
Sincerely,
Melanie D.
1-800-237-4444
We are here for you 24/7!
www.cabelas.com

Needless to say, I cancelled.
TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

time to drink SANMIG!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Just talked to cs and was told that they can give me a gift card for tr difference between what I paid and what I could have paid if I had bought 10 20rd boxes... I told her that was a nice bait and switch and that I would be disputing the charges with my CC and she quickly said that they wouldn't allow it to get to that point and would be re-routing the package back to them... What a poopy situation for them. They should have eaten the costs of refunding half the cost and send out the 200rd packs at 65 plus shipping and calling it a day... Not very happy with handling of this situation and I really did expect more from them...
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennasixty8 View Post
IBpage12 --the thread goes to 12 pages due to this foo's comment.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennasixty8 View Post
That is not CC fraud. You are disputing a wrong charge, you purchased one thing, got another. Due to the company policy to NOT accept ammo returns, it may play out that you get a simple refund of the total amount, since it will be hard to determine what you owe vs. what you don't owe. You don't even know what CC fraud is, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. This is a problem created by the policy of Cabelas and the policy of most credit card companies in handling disputes (check with your credit card for their policy, but they are not going to accept the ammo, and if you put a chargeback, it will be for the total amount, unless you specify otherwise). Go take a cold shower.

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!

Last edited by Packy14; 08-14-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 AM

It's not cabelas fault. They dont know how slick guns get there info and links the way the do. They have been honoring them but say they no longer will because they are not the ones making these listings our allowing them to give offers like they do. A rep of cabelas says it's some back door stuff. Ask slickguns to apologize
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltores View Post
It's not cabelas fault. They dont know how slick guns get there info and links the way the do. They have been honoring them but say they no longer will because they are not the ones making these listings our allowing them to give offers like they do. A rep of cabelas says it's some back door stuff. Ask slickguns to apologize
How could it not be Cabelas fault? It's their ordering system that listed these items in the first place, and even if it was a mistake the way they're handling it is really poor. They should have just cancelled all the orders, sent out an apology email, and given a 5% off coupon code to anybody that complained about it. Instead they're giving several different stories to people and shipping less ammo than their own website said was included.

Last edited by Eljay; 08-14-2013 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc View Post
TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

time to drink SANMIG!!!
Yeah bro..too good to be true. Shet sa puwet!!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
It is Cabelas fault. The page could of been easily found going through their page as myself and a couple others saw this product available the night before but there was no round count shown.
Then it shows 400 and people ordered it, Slick guns link just directed you to the page and you placed the order. Slickguns didnt have any special link like they did for the PMC 1,200 rounds.
And if you look at the screen captures you can clearly see its the cabelas page to order they just took down that product set up now. Quit listening to excuses by Cabelas trying to blame someone else. It was their fault on this.
I'm not mad about the situation. I will continue to order from them but this was their mistake and the people who had their orders sent already I hope Cabelas still gives them the deal.

Last edited by Andyman562; 08-14-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 AM

This was not a SlickGuns deal. This 400 round deal was able to be pulled up right on the Cabelas home page. The rep I was speaking with even pulled it up and said yes it says this is a 2 Pack.

I bet we get 2 packs of 100 round boxes.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM

so instead of 1000 people buying this they're probably going to have only 100....

idk how much actual profit they make on bullets but i'm betting even if they doubled the round count, sold it to 1000 people @ $140, they would have made more profit than selling it to 100 people with half the rounds sold @ $140.

let alone be left with the rounds in stock sitting on the shelf at average prices
Old 08-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Calguns Addict

I would say its also a good way to test the water on demand of ammo
Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Cabelas is usually pretty good,just got my 1200 delivered for $527. Pete
The problem is HEADSPACE between the ears!
Obama for 8 years will be the worst thing to happen to
our country since the Civil War.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:30 PM

That's great, but I wanted my AE for .34 each.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Retailers love customer like this; easy to bamboozle.

Was the reputable Cabela rep who told you this the same one that confirmed it was 400 rounds, or the one that could not confirm, or the one that said it was 200 rounds, or the one that had never heard of the deal?

WTS: Gun stuff & things
Old 08-14-2013, 12:58 PM

Everybody needs to cancel their order now.

Just got off phone with CS Supervisor named Misty. This is definitely not for 400 rounds. They are NOT shipping 400 rounds per $129.99.

Misty's answer to "What if the ammo ships?" was "We will take care of it in someway shape or form."

I told her this can't be the first time this has happened. Would she clarify what options we would have or "how we would take care of it".

Her response, "We would have you take it to your local police station for destruction, get a form from the police station confirming destruction, fax that form to us and we would refund you in full."

That was it. They will not honor the 400 rounds at the $129.99 price. Cancel now.
Old 08-14-2013, 1:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Wow.

So if you got the order, and called your CC to dispute, I wonder if Cabelas would tell the CC company, "we gave them a viable way to get their money back" and then the CC company would then say it is on you since you opted not to take it.

Old 08-14-2013, 1:12 PM

Thanks for the updated info everyone!

My first order had shipped and no surprise it was about 6 lbs. I called CS and had them "return to sender". From the sounds of it, they are aware of the 200/400 error now.

Not surprised that everyone is getting a different answer.
Old 08-14-2013, 1:16 PM

^^^ yep agreed
Old 08-14-2013, 1:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Kind of serves them right then to let them ship, get the shipping order, and then call & tell them to stop & return to sender since you now know it is not 400 so they have to eat the time/cost/effort for the shenanigans they could have easily avoided by cancelling all $129 orders or calling/emailing people first. To show how smarmy this is, they know about it and ship anyway as they know they will get a certain percentage that just accept it and move on or a percentage that ordered other things and if they cancel, they won't want those items either so they lose sales. And still, they decide to ship the $129 orders. Smarmy.

Old 08-14-2013, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
Wow.

So if you got the order, and called your CC to dispute, I wonder if Cabelas would tell the CC company, "we gave them a viable way to get their money back" and then the CC company would then say it is on you since you opted not to take it.
Yes that may be the case.

I asked the CS Supervisor about that scenario. She did not answer me and stated, "Cabelas would take care of it in one way or another."
Old 08-14-2013, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
Kind of serves them right then to let them ship, get the shipping order, and then call & tell them to stop & return to sender since you now know it is not 400 so they have to eat the time/cost/effort for the shenanigans they could have easily avoided by cancelling all $129 orders or calling/emailing people first. To show how smarmy this is, they know about it and ship anyway as they know they will get a certain percentage that just accept it and move on or a percentage that ordered other things and if they cancel, they won't want those items either so they lose sales. And still, they decide to ship the $129 orders. Smarmy.
I am incensed that they did not just cancel the order. So the retailer makes a mistake, that's fine. BUT I did not like how they handled this issue by changing the order behind your back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footb82 View Post
Yes that may be the case.

I asked the CS Supervisor about that scenario. She did not answer me and stated, "Cabelas would take care of it in one way or another."
At no time was I offered that. No compensation or anything!

Too bad it took several phone calls to get my order cancelled and despite all that it shipped. Pathetic.
Old 08-14-2013, 1:57 PM

Oh forget it. I cancelled. Not worth the hassell anymore.

Strike 1 for you Cabelas.
Old 08-14-2013, 2:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorr View Post
Yeah bro..too good to be true. Shet sa puwet!!
exactly what they did for us!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

The slick gun cabelas deals have been great to me so far. This like many have said has turned into a nightmare.

Btw, I would not trust any call center rep on legal matters especially from another state. Telling people to take the ammunition to the local police to be destroyed? Then getting a receipt? In socal this sounds like a really bad idea. Either way that's a ridiculous attempt to fix the problem.

I'm wondering if they've had a regime change in management over there. Going to be more weary when ordering from Cabelas moving forward.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 08-14-2013, 2:43 PM

This deal had nothing to do with slickguns. I don't know why this keeps being brought up...
Old 08-14-2013, 2:47 PM

^ this
I did not see the "deal" anywhere except logging directly in to Cabelas and I just got "the call" to let me know the back order was for 200 rounds not 400

Canceled
Old 08-14-2013, 3:13 PM
Calguns Addict

cancelling now as well through live chat, too bad they "screwed up".
Sadly they wont give us any type of discount for a future purchase.

Last edited by Darklyte27; 08-14-2013 at 3:19 PM..
Old 08-14-2013, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingsocal View Post
^ this
I did not see the "deal" anywhere except logging directly in to Cabelas and I just got "the call" to let me know the back order was for 200 rounds not 400

Canceled
At least they're calling some people now. Still inexcusable that they shipped some out @ 200 rounds.

I'm still withholding judgement on if this is a "never shop at Cabelas again" or a "Cabelas just became Tier II instead of Tier I". Basically if anybody receives 200 rounds/order and Cabelas doesn't make it right I'm done with them.
Old 08-14-2013, 3:32 PM
yeah buddy!
CGN Contributor

Lol this reminds me of 2 old sayings: "If it's too good to be true, then it is."

And:

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Old 08-14-2013, 3:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Lol this reminds me of 2 old sayings: "If it's too good to be true, then it is."
It's not like it was an absurdly low price - yes, it's been a while since we've seen .223 at those prices, but they've done regular blowout deals in other calibers that were well below "market" prices while still above what it ran last year. You should check the rimefire thread for examples if you're skeptical.
Old 08-14-2013, 3:43 PM

I didn't get in on this deal, but it seems as a shady move on part of Cabelas. 36 cents a round is competitively cheap, but not amazing. I would get it if maybe they sold it for 10 cents a round or something, maybe then it would be worth all the hassle. But at 36 cents per round? Man up, and eat the cost Cabelas(if there is any, they wouldn't be selling it for free after all)... but ehhh

Last edited by ElComanche; 08-14-2013 at 3:45 PM..