Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:51 PM

Default Question for female glock owners

Was curious as to yalls opinions on glocks extended slide release and extended mag release. Do any of y'all have them on your glocks? Do they aid in your functioning of your glocks? These would be going on a glock 23 if that helps any.

Last edited by jbk; 07-14-2013 at 10:57 PM..
Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 PM

Yes, I added both the extended slide release and the extended mag release to my Glock 19. Because it's my personal defense pistol, I wanted to decrease the chances of fumbling with it and thus wanted to have those features easily accessible. I do find that they both have helped me in the function of the gun. I don't have particularly small hands; but, I imagine that people with smaller hands will benefit from them both.

BK

Last edited by BadKitty; 07-14-2013 at 11:44 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 6:16 PM
CGSSA Leader

I too added the extended slide release. Because of the size of my hand and the curvature of my thumb, it was the only way I could work the release. I have a G19.

Lifetime NRA Member

Gun Zone Radio Member
Old 07-16-2013, 9:19 AM

Thank you. My oldest daughter is getting married and leaving home. She has takin a liking to my G23 so i figured i would give it to her before she leaves. I have noticed she has trouble reaching the slide lock and mag release due to small hands. None of my glocks have extended anything. Just wanted to find out if they have actually help any, so now i will replace them and let her try to see if it helps. Any other things you lady have found she could try?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:11 AM

Good to know jbk. My wife has small hands also and she thinks she wants a G23
Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Ladies, please pardon my intrusion; the extended mag release can very easily contact a holster, unintentionally releasing the mag. It does nothing as far as making it easier to reach without changing your grip a bit.

I put them in my Glocks, but went back to stock after experiencing this problem fairly regularly.

The holster I used was a Fobus . . .
Old 07-16-2013, 11:08 AM

Tactical vantage..... My daughter grew up shooting .45. My wife shoots a .40. Never seen a problem. Im sure it to each their own.

Llamatrnr....I can see your point. However being logical. My daughter wont be carrying in a holster in the for seeable future. Im sure it will be a bedside handgun for her. Also piece of mind for me so i know she doesnt have to rely on her husband and his gun. May have not worked for you but they do apperently her some of the women here. The kid can give it a try and if it helps her great. If it doesnt owe well she can keep parts if she wants if not its a 5 minute swap. Whatever its her gun. To each their own.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:25 AM

ah now I see why my chica fumbles w the slide release. Maybe ill look I to the extender for her. But then again she is a lefty
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamatrnr View Post
Ladies, please pardon my intrusion; the extended mag release can very easily contact a holster, unintentionally releasing the mag. It does nothing as far as making it easier to reach without changing your grip a bit.

I put them in my Glocks, but went back to stock after experiencing this problem fairly regularly.

The holster I used was a Fobus . . .

Thank you for the head's up. I don't currently carry in a holster and do not plan on it with this pistol. Though, the release getting unintentionally moved while holstered is something to consider if I do elect to use a holster in the future.

As it stands, I do find that the extend mag release and slide release do help me no matter which grip technique I am using.

BK