Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 07-04-2013, 9:49 PM

Default Unknown dangers

Got this video from a friend. Scary and sad, but a very good reminder when walking up on T/C's.

http://youtu.be/lzObhHet9QM
Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 PM

I've seen this one before...Heard it was a training video.

I did a search on ODMP and there is a way to search for death by exposure to toxins. There were no deaths in June of 2000, and nothing that matches this scenario from 1999 - 2013.

That said, there have been deaths by exposure to toxins, so it's a good reminder to keep that situational awareness and be safe out there.

I read one about a LEO death due to exposure to Carbon Monoxide on a suicide call... Freaks me out a little thinking about one murder/suicide I responded to several years ago.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

I have also seen this years ago and we were told it was a training video. I would be setting up a CP upwind and wait for fire with breathing apparatus. The scenario in this video is actually easier to deal with because of the rural area and open fields all around. Things get a lot dodgier if it happens on a busy street in the middle of a city.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 AM

I have not seen this one, but it is a frightening reminder of the dangers of that kind of stuff.
Old 07-05-2013, 3:13 PM

It's easy to get distracted when there is an emergency. There was an inmate that faked hanging and attacked the officers that went in to "save" him injuring six of them recently. This has happened on numerous occasions throughout the state. I'm a CPR instructor and tell everyone to take a few seconds and survey the scene before rushing in. I've seen stories of people running across the freeway to help at an accident and get hit and killed by traffic. There was also an incident where a driver hit a fire hydrant and some power lines. Two people went to help and were killed by the electricity.
Bersa Thunder, Browning Buckmark Camper, Charles Daly 1911, Charter Arms Buldog Pug, Chinese SKS, Colt Double Eagle MK II Series 90 10mm, Egyptian Hakim 8mm, Heckler & Koch P2000SK, Kimber Eclipse Ultra II, Mossberg 500A Cruiser, Mossberg New Haven 600AT, Romanian M69 Trainer, Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Mag, Savage Arms Model 73, Smith & Wesson 1006 10mm, Smith & Wesson Sigma .40, Springfield Armory XD-40, Walther P1, Wyoming Arms Parker 10mm, Yugoslavian K98
Old 07-05-2013, 6:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Dont know if it was a training video or not, but I am pretty sure this happened back home in Illinois. We saw it in the academy too, for not what to do.
Old 07-15-2013, 1:45 AM

Training video.

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore.
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-Proud "DEPLORABLE!"
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><