Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 05-21-2013, 6:43 AM

Default Can you stop/void a transfer (DROS)

EDIT: Got the answer, leaving info up in case anyone else may have the question; otherwise it's fine to delete.

I searched and could not find any info on this. I met a member at a local FFL last night around 7pm to do a private party transfer of a new gun I never used and was selling. After coming back home we had another member post in the for sale thread that the new gun I was selling had a lot of bad feedback and could be dangerous. So I want to stop the transfer and refund the buyers money including the transfer fees.

The problem is that the FFL does not know if this can be done since the paperwork was started. Since this is likely a time sensitive deal if it can be done at all, I wanted to ask if this is possible. I have no problem paying a fee or whatever, was just trying to avoid having to wait ten days and then having to reverse all the paperwork with another transfer.

My Car Projects

Lateral-G.Net

Last edited by camcojb; 05-21-2013 at 9:44 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 9:17 AM
Veteran Member

Why not simply inform the buyer of the information you found and then let him make the big boy decision whether or not to complete the sale? Otherwise it sounds like seller's remorse.
Old 05-21-2013, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdben92883 View Post
Why not simply inform the buyer of the information you found and then let him make the big boy decision whether or not to complete the sale? Otherwise it sounds like seller's remorse.
Well, the buyer is well aware of the info, as another member here posted in the for sale thread that the gun could be a problem. Since that's something neither of us were aware of I wanted to do the right thing and refund him in full including DROS fees. He was uncomfortable with the gun after reading that reply.

Turns out it can be stopped, and I need to pay $26 for a background check and wait ten days for the gun to be returned to me, which is fine. I've arranged to meet the buyer when he gets off work today and return his money.

Sellers remorse.....................

My Car Projects

Lateral-G.Net