Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 AM

Default FFL Los Angeles

Hi Guys,

So I'm doing my first PPT and was reading one of the sticky's posted here on the forum: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=725126

Per that link it states that an FFL is obligated to handle PPT's. Yet when I called the FFL that was closest to me and explained I wanted to receive/transfer an AR15 lower from out of state I was told that they only work with law enforcement.

So I don't want to make a stink or anything I really just need an FFL to facilitate the PPT but this has brought up two questions. 1 -- Is what this FFL told me in compliance? 2 -- Does anyone have a recommend FFL in the LA area? I would prefer something between glendale/hawthorne.

Best,
Ken
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstone View Post
Hi Guys,

So I'm doing my first PPT and was reading one of the sticky's posted here on the forum: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=725126

Per that link it states that an FFL is obligated to handle PPT's. Yet when I called the FFL that was closest to me and explained I wanted to receive/transfer an AR15 lower from out of state I was told that they only work with law enforcement.

So I don't want to make a stink or anything I really just need an FFL to facilitate the PPT but this has brought up two questions. 1 -- Is what this FFL told me in compliance? 2 -- Does anyone have a recommend FFL in the LA area? I would prefer something between glendale/hawthorne.

Best,
Ken
What you are trying to do is not a PPT. A PPT is a "private party transfer," i.e., generally a face-to-face sale between two individuals, both of whom must be California residents. See the Wiki here. You are trying to do an interstate transfer. Wiki page for that is here.
Old 05-07-2013, 2:47 PM

Thanks so much for clearing that up. So with that said does anyone have a recommendation for an FFL in Los Angeles that can perform an Interstate Firearms Transfer? Also, what is the typical rates for this type of service?

This is my first time performing an Interstate Firearms transfer so sorry if the questions don't make sense.

Best,
Ken
Old 05-07-2013, 3:09 PM

Thanks so much for clearing that up. So with that said does anyone have a recommendation for an FFL in Los Angeles that can perform an Interstate Firearms Transfer? Also, what is the typical rates for this type of service?

This is my first time performing an Interstate Firearms transfer so sorry if the questions don't make sense.

Best,
Ken
Old 05-07-2013, 3:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Where in LA are you? It is a big place.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 05-07-2013, 3:54 PM

Guns direct in Burbank I think will accept your lower. If you want to drive out to San Fernando you can check out Addax tactical and PD guns.

PD guns charged me $80 (including dros) + tax for my order from Atlantic firearms.
Old 05-07-2013, 4:46 PM

Kemasa - I'm in Hollywood but work in Culver City.

LAKings22 -- Thanks I'll give Guns Direct a ring as that's relatively close to my house.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 05-07-2013, 5:02 PM

Aegis Trading, also in Burbank, gets good marks, but I have never used them and I do not know if they will transfer your lower. Might also try American Gun Works or Once A Pawn A Time in Glendale but again, you should call them to see if they will accept your lower.
Old 05-07-2013, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstone View Post
Kemasa - I'm in Hollywood but work in Culver City.

LAKings22 -- Thanks I'll give Guns Direct a ring as that's relatively close to my house.

Thanks,
Ken
If the guy Kemasa steered you towards doesn't work out, I am in Torrance which is close to Culver City. I will handle your transfer for you.

PM me if interested.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
If the guy Kemasa steered you towards doesn't work out, I am in Torrance which is close to Culver City. I will handle your transfer for you.
I did not steer him towards anyone since I did not know where he was, which is why I asked :-).

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 05-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
I did not steer him towards anyone since I did not know where he was, which is why I asked :-).
Oop's .... Sorry K. Just trying to help the guy out... I'm feeling overly helpful these days... Particularly after the "pop a woody" debacle.
Old 05-09-2013, 1:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Nothing to be sorry about. I was just pointed out that there was no one I steered him to, so you could help him.

Old 05-13-2013, 7:24 PM

Aegis in Burbank is a great place to do a transfer.

Fast and No hassle.