Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 05-02-2013, 7:32 PM

Default Need help, EO Tech choice for Noveske build.

Arghhhh..........I need advice, opinion and or otherwise please. Completing my dream Noveske build with a 14.5 Lightweight Stainless Barrel and NSR rail, Noveske Gen II Lower, VLTOR I Mod stock, Geiselle Hi Speed DMR trigger. So needless to say this is going to be my lightweight, inside 100m gun. I already have the Elcan Specter DR on my other rifle that I absolutely love but want a lightweight, unlimited eye relief, short range red dot optic. I have narrowed it down to EO TECH EXPS 2 or 3 or XPS 2 or 3. Please advise and thank you.

Last edited by VoxVeritasVita; 05-02-2013 at 7:34 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 7:38 PM
Calguns Addict

XPS GTG
Old 05-03-2013, 1:04 AM

I just bought xps2-0 from gandermountain.com for 459.00$ that was after 40$ discount , free shipping , no tax! It is oos now but yeah, I went with xps2-0 because of the good deal.
Old 05-03-2013, 3:21 AM
Veteran Member

I like the XPS2-0 the EXPS really only matters if you're going to use NV.

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 05-03-2013, 6:38 PM

Ordered a EXPS3-0 today. It was the only one available in the near future. Pretty sure it will work fine.
Old 05-03-2013, 6:41 PM

Do you plan on having it paired with a magnifier?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Nope, unless of course a fantastic deal on one became available. Really always just wanted to try a no frills, unlimited eye relief optic for quick short range target acquisition. Looked through a few ACOG's today at Island View in Ventura(fantastic store and range, Aiden there is very professional, knowledgable and super helpful), almost went that way, but stuck to original objective. Cannot friggin' wait to complete this endless project and just go shoot.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 PM

The reason I asked is because the exp has the buttons on the side and makes it more convenient when paired with a magnifier. I noticed you already purchased the EXP and you made a good choice.

I used to have an Eotech with Eotech magnifier and its worth it. Enjoy it.
Old 05-05-2013, 6:58 PM

EXPS = QD, NV, 1/3 cowitness, side buttons
XPS = no QD, no NV, absolute cowitness, rear buttons

My XPS2-0 was $420 shipped. Nice holo sight!

Robert
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

My advice would be to get the XPS and a Larue Eotech mount so you can QD it. The QD mount on the EXPS doesn't return to zero as well as the Larue... however given that this is a shorter range rifle... namely cqb, it probably wont matter.

As for the 2 vs 3... get the 2 unless you plan on running night vision.
...Slow, deep breath in followed by two quick, shallow exhales, then one long breath out. It should sound like "HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo". Once your comfortable with that breathing pattern, try to sync the tempo up with your heart rate. "Lub-dub...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo... etc". ~ CBruce
Old 05-08-2013, 11:48 PM

OP: I recommend spending extra for the NV. You might need it someday. It is a tough choice, EXPS30, EXPS32 or EXPS3-4. If you like EOTechs, someday you will eventually buy all 3 to test.

For simplicity and not to cloud up the ring, you might go with the one dot: 0. I've also seen guys like the 3-4 without a magnifier.

The only way you will be sure to some degree, is to have and work with them. Even then you may change your mind several times. What we like makes little difference since your tastes and skills are key.

You may also use the optic for another gun down the road. So if it was me, given the expense, I just would not factor your current build. I want as much flexibility as possible. That is why I might get something that might exceed your range requirement.

You might also consider the Aimpoint T1 in 4moa or 2moa. For inside 100 you might like the 4moa dot. This is a very small unit.

The battery life is a big factor for me. Then which battery can I trust more, a 123 or watch battery?

I like the look and feel of the EOTech but that Aimpoint battery life seems more important, so it can stay on without auto shutoffs, then the expense of them, weight and space the extras take.......

I wish there was a definitive post to decide it for us, Mr. Vickers may have come close, but we are all different. Hope it works out for you