Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 06-15-2017, 4:57 PM

Default Wilderness Survival Seminar June 17 $65

If you know the name Christopher Nyerges, then you know he's been teaching survival skills, edible and medicinal plants and many other wilderness skills for over 40 years. He's given countless talks, written thousands of articles and over 15 books. He's now teamed up with Wilderness Instructor Keith Farrar to teach an intensive, all-day survival seminar this coming Saturday, June 17 in Pasadena. I've taken it. I recommend it highly.

http://www.christophernyerges.com/schedule.htm

Saturday, June 17, 10 a.m.

WILDERNESS SURVIVAL SEMINAR, $65

"We will cover basic to intermediate Wilderness Survival in this class taught by Keith Farrar and Christopher Nyerges. This is a full day with quite a bit of hands-on training. Some of the topics discussed: Priorities in a Wilderness Survival Situation / The importance of the correct mindset / First Aid / Emergency Shelters / Useful knots / Water collection & purification / Signaling for Rescue / Getting "Found" / Several methods of fire making / the difference between the "10 essentials" and a survival kit.....and more."
Old 06-19-2017, 8:53 PM

Default Survival Seminar 17 June

Was anyone able to make it ?
Old 06-19-2017, 9:34 PM

I wish I would have seen this, I would have gone
Old 06-20-2017, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyXbones View Post
I wish I would have seen this, I would have gone
Check Christopher's schedule. He'll probably have another one. The one I'm not going to miss is the Basic Locksmith Class. Haven't found any survival / wilderness instructors who teach this one.

http://www.christophernyerges.com/schedule.htm

Saturday, July 22, 10 a.m.

BASIC LOCKSMITHING, $25

"Learn about some basic principles of locksmithing with instructor Keith Farrar. You'll get to practice opening locks at different levels of difficulty. You never know when you might need this skill, and a professional locksmith cannot be found. Tools will be available for purchase as well. Then, if time, we will have a short plant walk. Hahamongna Watershed Park, Location 2"

Last edited by kayaker55; 06-20-2017 at 5:42 PM..
Old 06-21-2017, 4:08 PM

Looks like he has some really interesting classes! Definitely bookmarking his site and hopefully able to attend one or more. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-22-2017, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditryin View Post
Looks like he has some really interesting classes! Definitely bookmarking his site and hopefully able to attend one or more. Thanks for the info!
You're welcome. You can't beat the price or selection of classes. I check Christopher's calendar often. He also does talks for the Sierra Club, National Park Service and other community groups.