Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 AM

This is just going from bad to worse. It is one thing to have missed delivery dates due to things outside your control but deliberate half truths and deception is another thing.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Hero View Post
This is just going from bad to worse. It is one thing to have missed delivery dates due to things outside your control but deliberate half truths and deception is another thing.
Canceled order on April 1st
Disputed charge on April 1st
MIRACULOUSLY they ship it apparently and says it was delivered on the 17th
Tracking number is not valid
ARES tells my CC company they will issue me a partial refund? Why issue me a partial refund if you say it shipped AND delivered?

They are crooks and everyones money is gone. They are robbing Peter to pay Paul and eventually they are going to run out of Peters.
Old 06-18-2013, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
They are crooks and everyones money is gone. They are robbing Peter to pay Paul and eventually they are going to run out of Peters.
Yep, they have paid their manufactures and they can't refund the money because they dont have it!
Old 06-18-2013, 1:27 PM

Default A Frigging-Mazing!!!

Now Ares has the Jig I ordered in January (that they still have not shipped) ON SALE!!!! They have over 500 in stock. Where the hell is mine???

These guys are not helping their own case. They just keep digging bigger holes with gold shovels they bought with my money.

I thought about contacting the Attorney Generals office and filing a complaint but......I remembered who the attorney general is, Ms Harris would probably give Ares an award.

Next thing you know Feinstien will be calling to thank them.
Old 06-18-2013, 3:02 PM

I spoke to Mike at Ares Armor and he said that they are receiving around 150 lowers a day and are sending them out by order date. He told me they are currently in the month of January. He also mentioned that the supplier is not going to start making the AR-10's until all the ar-15's are out and that he does not know an ETA on the arrival of the Ar-10's.
Old 06-18-2013, 3:05 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob86 View Post
I spoke to Mike at Ares Armor and he said that they are receiving around 150 lowers a day and are sending them out by order date. He told me they are currently in the month of January. He also mentioned that the supplier is not going to start making the AR-10's until all the ar-15's are out and that he does not know an ETA on the arrival of the Ar-10's.
I don't want my lowers, I cancelled my order 2 months ago. I have already since then got lowers I ordered and I got them within 7 days of placing my order.

I want my money that they have. I don't give a crap about their lowers.
Old 06-18-2013, 3:16 PM

Quote:
How current is your information? How did you get word from Mike? In my opinion he's a leprechaun, unicorn, and Pegasus all rolled into one (leprecornasus?).
Old 06-18-2013, 3:42 PM

I got ahold of his personal cell phone number and he called me today like 20 minutes ago.
Old 06-18-2013, 4:04 PM

Default Same old Sad Story

Quote:
Heard this story several times already, these guys don't give a S*%T about their customers and will say anyhting. They have proven to be a pack of liars.

I too no longer want their lowers, all I wany is my money back.
Old 06-18-2013, 4:19 PM

See this is bogus as a friend and I ordered several in Dec and still have nothing. Their claims that they are shipping January is not true (well technically they could be shipping January and have skipped Dec).

It seems that when if you do have the luck to catch one of the, they just tell you what you want to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-18-2013, 5:01 PM

Quote:
I got ahold of his personal cell phone number and he called me today like 20 minutes ago.
Quit being a shill for them and share his number. He should not be able to sleep at night with the way they are treating their customers.
Old 06-18-2013, 6:21 PM

I'm just pist off about it as much as you guys are. If you don't believe me check out their facebook page. I ordered in December also and have not got mine yet. I asked him about the December order and he told that they are going to be sending them out really soon. I know this is B.S. but wanted to keep people in the loop as far as what people are hearing from these guys.
Old 06-18-2013, 6:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
PM me his number. I'd love to speak with this kid.
sales@2azone.com
http://www.2azone.com LIVE INVENTORY!

CLICK HERE FOR OUR CALGUNS VENDOR FORUM!
Old 06-18-2013, 6:44 PM

Default I waited and waited

I waited and never received my 80% lower that I paid for in January....Until they stepped up and I upgraded to a billet lower for $40+ dollars more. They were more than apologetic. I live near there and went by often and was starting to feel let-on when they took care of me. Yes they are not a well run company but they came through for me. They will receive no bashing from me.
Old 06-18-2013, 6:55 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:

We are already aware that this is a lie. People have their orders that ordered after me. I ordered January 2nd just after midnight. I would imagine if they were shipping orders from January, I would already have mine. Again, we know that's a lie because there are people's orders from December that still haven't arrived.
Feinstein hasn't been this pissed since somebody dropped a house on her sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
I hope a thousand 7075 T6 blocks of alu 2" x 17" x 7" fall on that Legislaters d***!
Old 06-18-2013, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davpol View Post
I waited and never received my 80% lower that I paid for in January....Until they stepped up and I upgraded to a billet lower for $40+ dollars more. They were more than apologetic. I live near there and went by often and was starting to feel let-on when they took care of me. Yes they are not a well run company but they came through for me. They will receive no bashing from me.
Okay,

First, how is paying more for a lesser quality lower (Blank) an upgrade? Missing the whole "they stepped up" part here.

Second, why is it that the only people that are posting in their favor have just recently joined this site or have 6 or so total posts (as do you)?

Not making any accusations, but it is not very credible sounding.

These guys will never see a cent from me, and frankly I wish they would get their business out of our neighborhood. Just pisses me off we have such (apparently) shady businesses such as this here.

Go away, somewhere, anywhere. But just go.

I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourselves criminally prosecuted for all this BS.

At the very least, what goes around comes around. You are digging your own holes.

Last edited by SloChicken; 06-18-2013 at 8:33 PM.. Reason: spelnig errurz
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 PM

Ordered in Dec and received in April. Despite getting the receivers I'm still disappointed in their service. I personally went to their shop early January to provide a new shipping address but they couldn't find my order. I had to show them a email confirmation on my iPhone. Provided them a new address and was told no worries.

Fast forward to April, we didnt get a new home and I never updated Ares as the 2nd address provided was my parents home. I come home from work and see a package at my door. No email notification whatsoever. Imagine if we ended up renting out our home, our tenants would have a sweet surprise. Good thing we stayed!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Ares also said they had fixed the problem with orders shipping out of order. As I ordered in December, that should mean I'd have my order already. I'm starting to doubt EVERYONE who has said they got their order as being Ares' own forum accounts, pictures of lowers or not.

If I ever do get my lowers instead of getting my card refunded like I asked them to do, I'm selling them to anybody who would take them for exactly what I paid, and buying from somewhere else. I'd rather wait even longer than own an AR built on this fiasco.

Last edited by Sledgecrowbar; 06-18-2013 at 10:31 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 9:35 AM

Hrmmm I'm starting to wonder if Ares Armor is run by the same guy who ran that Group buy for Mosins? Sounds all too familiar...

I don't know what it is, but I'm part of multiple Motorcycle forums, Truck/Car forums and I've only ever seen stuff like this happen with guns/gun parts. Of course, there's never been a six month delay in car/motorcycle parts but that seems to bring out the worst in people (personally and/or professionally).
Old 06-19-2013, 9:57 AM
Tere Hanges Chairman
CGN Contributor

been lurking this thread for awhile, time to throw my hat into the ring as well.

Ordered early January, sent an email twice. No responses, no nothing. I consider myself a patient person and didn't mind waiting. But no responses, people ordering after me receiving product... Off to call the CC company.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:53 PM

My Anodized Ares 80% showed up last week prioroty mail. just about exactly 6 months from order date,which is just about what Lindy told me it would be.
Old 06-19-2013, 1:17 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs762 View Post
My Anodized Ares 80% showed up last week prioroty mail. just about exactly 6 months from order date,which is just about what Lindy told me it would be.
What was your order date?
Quote:
I hope a thousand 7075 T6 blocks of alu 2" x 17" x 7" fall on that Legislaters d***!
Old 06-19-2013, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTuesdays View Post
To be fair, I was in fact introduced to this site by the guy behind the counter at Ares because he didn't want to get into why the build parties were cancelled. He just said come here and read the threads. I felt it was kind of a cop out, but I've been getting educated ever since. Love this site.

Every time I've been in the store they have been alright to me. I can't say that for every shop I've been in. They have answered my questions, gave in-sight, and worked with me on my order changes BUT I had to drive my *** there to get the time of day from them. Finally, I went in after the big May 8th debacle and got the same chambered response I had been getting prior so I asked for a refund on the spot. To their credit they processed it right there and were cool about it. I'm on the fence because they have been decent guys in person, but only because I live in SD and can drive my dumb *** there. Otherwise, I would be borderline homicidal too by this point I'm sure. I will only do business with them again over the counter. I ordered an Effin A through Midway and big surprise, even though it said in stock it came back as backordered. Only in store for now on and SD has a lot of better places to stop by.

So, yes, I'm new to this site and I'm not a 100% negative review of them. I've just wanted to share my experience since I have had the ability of going in and getting a face to face answer when I've needed it. They are 100% wrong and run a very bad business. They aren't dicks though either for what very little that is worth. I'm a 40 year old vet and used to be a contractor. I have a hard time seeing a business with customers beating down its doors not be able to do any better than this. My point being, I'm not a gullible kid with no point of reference. If you really need to, you can get results, you just have to go in and talk to them. Plan a trip down. There are worse places to spend a weekend than SD in Summer. Ares is a short walk from the pier too.
If this is a legitimate post, I'm glad you were able to get your refund, but I live on the OTHER shore. It would cost me ten times what I paid in fare and lost wages to walk into the store. If they could steal my money over the internet, why can't they refund it the same damned way?
Old 06-19-2013, 3:56 PM
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor

Just FYI. Some (I'm not sure if all) credit cards have a certain period of time you can dispute charges so you might want to check and decide if you are willing to accept that risk.

Last edited by pitbull30; 06-19-2013 at 3:59 PM.. Reason: Typing on mobile again.
Old 06-19-2013, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull30 View Post
Just FYI. Some (I'm not sure if all) credit cards have a certain period of time you can dispute charges so you might want to check and decide if you are willing to accept that risk.
I contacted my CC Co. and they said normally you have 60 days to dispute. After I explained the situation they agreed to take on the dispute (almost 6 mos later). They are sending me a form to formally file the complaint. They asked me to include copies of emails, receipts etc.

I don't know where this will get me but they may get the hard heads attention at Ares.

In the mean time my emails (5x) to Ares asking for refund remain unanswered.
Old 06-19-2013, 8:22 PM

Lesson learned. I ordered two 80% lowers December 23, and was told fulfillment in May. I haven't had any of my four emails or two calls answered since May 20.

Although there were other options from which to choose, I selected Ares because they were a California-based small business. I can wait for fulfillment as long as required, but I will not support a business with such poor customer relations. So, I'll eat the cost if I must, but F*** Ares for their crap customer service and making me regret choosing them.
Old 06-20-2013, 7:01 AM

Default Contact Ca AG

OK, I broke down and decided to contact Camilla (Cali Att Gen)

The have a on-line complaint form. I figure if enough of us file a complaint maybe we can get some response.

Worth a try, nothing else is getting through to these A-Holes.

http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-c...ess-or-company
Old 06-20-2013, 7:54 AM

Default Latest Lie from Ares

Ares Armor Stock Update

Published: 06/20/2013 0958 AM

Stock Update

All of our 80 percent products and half our nylon products are out of stock. We are doing everything we can to reduce lead times on our out of stock products. We have hired additional people to help. Please bear with us through this stage as we grow to better serve our customers. PLEASE place your order only if you are willing to wait for your product(s). We are spending large amounts of money to drastically reduce lead times. We do NOT want you to place an order if you are NOT 100 PERCENT SURE that you are willing to wait!

We are one of the few companies that refuse to price gouge. Please be aware that several of our distributors are already gouging us. There are more than a few products that we are now selling below our cost. If this continues, we will be forced to raise prices.

Customer Service is doing their best to reply to emails. You can contact Customer Service directly at: Mike@aresarmor.com or Stephanie@aresarmor.com

Apologies, we have so many phone messages that we are no longer returning calls; but hope to remedy this soon. If you really need to get a hold of us, emailing Customer Service is the quickest means.

AR-15 RAW Lowers

We are shipping orders listed in our system on 29th of December.

AR-15 Anodized Lowers

We are shipping orders listed in our system on 22nd of December.

AR-10

Manufacturer is currently only producing AR-15 since December 2012 due to the high demand.

Jigs

We are currently in the process of producing our own.

Rudius

Grips were produced our of specification. We have rejected the past 3 samples due to warping and the magazine doesn't fit.
Old 06-20-2013, 8:49 AM

^^^ Thanks RonZ.

That update from them makes me even happier I called my CC company and disputed the charges.

What boggles the mind is that Ares sold product when they didnt even have a product to sell...for example their Rudius Grips. Its not like they werent in stock, they didnt even have an adequate sample, let alone a production version, yet they were selling the crap out of them! Sorry, but this has gone beyond backordering something...they are having people invest in their company and if/when they have a viable product, they will ship it...that is once their suppliers figure out how to make it at a large scale, tool up and start production.

I strongly urge everyone to get out. If Ares goes under your money is gone. They do not have a sustainable business model.
Old 06-20-2013, 9:29 AM
Yes, I'm that guy.
CGN Contributor

^^^This!!! That last Ares update that RonZ posted from them is one of the single largest, heaping piles of horse excrement that I've ever seen, heard or read. Clowns...thieving clowns.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonZ View Post
Ares Armor Stock Update

Published: 06/20/2013 0958 AM

Stock Update

All of our 80 percent products and half our nylon products are out of stock. We are doing everything we can to reduce lead times on our out of stock products. We have hired additional people to help. Please bear with us through this stage as we grow to better serve our customers. PLEASE place your order only if you are willing to wait for your product(s). We are spending large amounts of money to drastically reduce lead times. We do NOT want you to place an order if you are NOT 100 PERCENT SURE that you are willing to wait!

We are one of the few companies that refuse to price gouge. Please be aware that several of our distributors are already gouging us. There are more than a few products that we are now selling below our cost. If this continues, we will be forced to raise prices.

Customer Service is doing their best to reply to emails. You can contact Customer Service directly at: Mike@aresarmor.com or Stephanie@aresarmor.com

Apologies, we have so many phone messages that we are no longer returning calls; but hope to remedy this soon. If you really need to get a hold of us, emailing Customer Service is the quickest means.

AR-15 RAW Lowers

We are shipping orders listed in our system on 29th of December.

AR-15 Anodized Lowers

We are shipping orders listed in our system on 22nd of December.

AR-10

Manufacturer is currently only producing AR-15 since December 2012 due to the high demand.

Jigs

We are currently in the process of producing our own.

Rudius

Grips were produced our of specification. We have rejected the past 3 samples due to warping and the magazine doesn't fit.
They must have updated it because your bold text showed "29 December" when I looked. I really hope that's the processing date and not the order date, because I ordered on the 21st and it was processed on the 30th. This still gives me nothing to be optimistic about at this point. I want this company to give me a refund, only a refund, and I want it now.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:31 PM

Ok I took a chance and called right at 11:00 when they open to see if I could get someone and to my surprise they answered the phone! I was in shock and disbelief. I told the guy I wanted to cancel my order from 1/30/13 and he asked for me to hold on for a minute. So at this point I expected to hung up on or placed on hold so long that I would give up but he came back and said my 80% is due to be shipped out that day. I could not believe it so I told him to ship it and within 5 min of phone conversation I got a email with a tracking # now I don't know if this is because I was trying to cancel and there was no way out because I got them on the phone or just dumb luck. Either way it showed up the next day and now I can stop reading this thread!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Tere Hanges Chairman
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheggie View Post
Ok I took a chance and called right at 11:00 when they open to see if I could get someone and to my surprise they answered the phone! I was in shock and disbelief. I told the guy I wanted to cancel my order from 1/30/13 and he asked for me to hold on for a minute. So at this point I expected to hung up on or placed on hold so long that I would give up but he came back and said my 80% is due to be shipped out that day. I could not believe it so I told him to ship it and within 5 min of phone conversation I got a email with a tracking # now I don't know if this is because I was trying to cancel and there was no way out because I got them on the phone or just dumb luck. Either way it showed up the next day and now I can stop reading this thread!
What a coincidence.
Old 06-20-2013, 2:00 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheggie View Post
Really? Ordered 28 days after me. Yet another disappointment. **** you Ares. I still don't understand people who say they get through to them. They have never once answered the phone in the at least 50 times I have tried since January.
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 3:45 PM

Yeah, they pulled your order out of line so you would let them keep your money. I'm sure they're bleeding cash from all the refunds from people refusing to fall for that patronizing crap when you're getting someone else's order who paid a month before you did.

I'm not standing for that. After how this company has lied, I don't want their product anymore. I don't want them to get my money.
Old 06-21-2013, 6:02 PM

still waiting.....
Old 06-22-2013, 7:55 AM

Default I got a call from the man himself....

After a barrage of flaming 4-letter word emails demanding a refund and several posts here on Calguns as well as bad comments on facebook and yelp I got a voicemail from Dimitri at Ares. He stated that he wanted to "see about getting me taken care of". Which I took as "NO REFUND, we will take somebody else's order and ship to to so you shut the hell-up!". (my words not his)

Dear Dimitri, I DO NOT WANT THE ORDER, I WANT MY MONEY BACK, GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE, RonZ

BTW: He said "they would be answering calls all day" ( as opposed to not answering calls at all?) I did not get this message until late last night. I plan to be at the range all day so we probably won't hook up.
Old 06-22-2013, 9:22 AM

Still waiting... No responses...

Go to HLF Manufacturing - they deliver!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:05 AM

total BS. They should have there banner removed from calguns.
Old 06-22-2013, 5:23 PM
CGN Contributor

Ordered on January 2nd. Arrived today.

Quote: